Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Bought some stickers online from Blik to put up around the house.. can't wait to stick them up once the house is complete!!

They aren't cheap.. but they are excellent quality and some can be removed and re-stuck if you wish to change the location of your stickers..

sheep1_2.jpg

sweet_16-b.jpg

This one is my absolute favourite.. think I'll put this one up in my son's room..

danglycarrott_product_2.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i love yr masterbedroom toilet! is that called overlaying of tiles and what tiles are those?

Hi rainbowstars.. thanks for the compliment..

We selected the bathroom tiles from Hafary.. The picture below shows the model number for the wall and floor tiles..

IMG-20130421-WA0000_zps3ed6ae8d.jpg

Hope this helps!

Bought some stickers online from Blik to put up around the house.. can't wait to stick them up once the house is complete!!

They aren't cheap.. but they are excellent quality and some can be removed and re-stuck if you wish to change the location of your stickers..

sheep1_2.jpg

sweet_16-b.jpg

This one is my absolute favourite.. think I'll put this one up in my son's room..

danglycarrott_product_2.jpg

Hi blueeeeie

May I know where to get the wall stickers? They are so cute le..

Hi blueeeeie,

Is ok, I found it. Thanks

Hi blue..

Do take note that they don't ship to Singapore directly.. what I did was to have it shipped to my vpost acc.. then it was shipped back together with my other shopping items..

The stickers are not cheap.. but they are of really good quality and you can still peel em off and restick em elsewhere if neccessary..

Woah! The stickers are so cute~

Yeah they are.. I couldn't resist them.. There are some very humourous ones that i wanted to get for my living.. but I don't think I have the space.. so I decided not to.. heh heh

Just got cute ones for my son..

Contractor just installed the Blum soft closing mechanism on my kitchen cabinet hinges today.. But when I tried opening and closing the doors.. Some still had a banging sound! But they look like they were installed correctly..

Did anyone else encounter this problem with their Blum hinges?

Mine is ok no banging sound. If they were installed correctly the soft closing mechanism will be able to 'hold' the door & 'soft close' it.

Toilets

And after many many days.. the toilet tilings are done!

Master toilet..

IMG_20130326_114317_zps94171ec2.jpg

IMG_20130406_095010_zps25e772d4.jpg

Heh heh.. you can just fill up the common toilet with water and it'll be a swimming pool!excl.gif

This is a BTO flat, right? So, you overlay the new tiles on the ones installed by HDB? Does it add a lot of thickness to the toilet floor?

Mine is ok no banging sound. If they were installed correctly the soft closing mechanism will be able to 'hold' the door & 'soft close' it.

Thanks.. will have to ask the contractor to check it again.. was so excited to see the soft closing mechanism installed on the hinges only to find that it doesn't work.. super anti climax.. :(

This is a BTO flat, right? So, you overlay the new tiles on the ones installed by HDB? Does it add a lot of thickness to the toilet floor?

Yup and yup.. the thickness is not really noticeable.. it was still quite spacious.. but our floor had been raised slightly because our contractor had proposed making the shower area lower than the rest of the bathroom floor so we didn't have to do a kerb.. made it more "condo" like.. (if you look carefully at the shower area in the toilet pictures you will notice it)

Overall, I didn't feel that any space was sacrificed for the toilet.. of course it also helps that I didn't do false ceiling..

Hi blue..

Do take note that they don't ship to Singapore directly.. what I did was to have it shipped to my vpost acc.. then it was shipped back together with my other shopping items..

The stickers are not cheap.. but they are of really good quality and you can still peel em off and restick em elsewhere if neccessary..

Thanks for the infos.

Kitchen

My carpentry works has been completed this week and the nice workers have cleared out all the debris and their tools.. now everyone's just waiting for the solid top people to come in which is happening next week..

Some pics of the completed kitchen sans the solid top..

Left side of the kitchen..

IMG-20130423-WA0000_zps756aaf47.jpg

Right side of the kitchen..

IMG-20130423-WA0001_zps5bad3b5a.jpg

The dish rack which my hubby is very happy with.. :)
He's just amused by the swooshing sound of the door..

IMG-20130423-WA0003_zps11535703.jpg

Kitchen sink.. Sad thing is that we bought a very nice black tap and was hoping to place it in the middle of the sink.. but unfortunately there isn't enough space to mount it.. so have to place it at the corner of the sink.. Had we known in advance we would have bought the sink that had the tap hole instead of this one.. so for all those other people who are choosing their kitchen sink.. u may wanna take note..

IMG-20130423-WA0004_zps59bc8852.jpg

Oh and the reason why there are 2 holes is because at first we thought it was nicer to place it on the left.. then we changed our minds.. hahaha

Edited by blueeeeie

The toilets

HDB standard toilets looked really really sad to me.. since my space was already so tiny and I had to do away with a lot of nice furniture that I wanted.. the least I could do was to pretty up the toilets..

Current toilet design

Common toilet

IMG_20130112_181945_zpsf8da0848.jpg

Master toilet

IMG_20130112_182301_zps5616ca14.jpg

IMG_20130112_181838_zps86a3c9fd.jpg

Toilet concept

For common toilet:

mode-lina_urbanforester_13i14_zpsb4ed468

Grey mosiac to create a retro look with a modern twist..

For master toilet:

try_zpsc796d2cb.jpg

Natural stone look with dark colored storage for contrast..

Love the last toilet look!