Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Love the last toilet look!

It's very easy to achieve.. just choose white lighting that can create cone effect or dark/light effect (basically get that "sparkle" effect).. dark wood for your vanity top or built in storage.. and a white white wall and floor!

Edited by blueeeeie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Im loving your reno so much so far ..tempted to steal ideas from you. and because we are both BTO without HDB's fittings, similar starting point!

Check with you how much are u doing for your renovations?

The dish rack which my hubby is very happy with.. :)

He's just amused by the swooshing sound of the door..

IMG-20130423-WA0003_zps11535703.jpg

Nice! The wire inside, servo drive?

Im loving your reno so much so far ..tempted to steal ideas from you. and because we are both BTO without HDB's fittings, similar starting point!

Check with you how much are u doing for your renovations?

Go ahead and steal bah! After all sharing is caring.. hahah

I've PMed you details of the reno..

Kitchen continued

Kitchen has been completed (almost).. The blum hinges has been fixed thank goodness.. now I can happily slam my kitchen doors with no worry there'll be a banging sound..

Apparently our kitchen doors are bigger than most HDB kitchens (we used IKEA kitchen specs) so because of that, we couldn't just install the soft closing mechanism on the top hinges, we had to add on to the bottom hinges too.. Once that was done, no more banging sounds :)

We also installed the under cabinet lightings too.. Bought the LED lights from IKEA as well.. Was a little worried that the lights wouldn't be bright enough but looks like I worried for nothing!

IMG-20130426-WA0001_zps15ba2caf.jpg

Here's a picture of the other side.. the dishrack had a T5 installed too and we had put up some railings and a stainless steel laminate shelf..

20130424_181103_zps594e6838.jpg

If it wasn't because stainless steel was so hard to maintain.. I would have definitely opted for a stainless steel top for the kitchen surfaces.. :(

Study

The study lights has also been installed

Cove lights above the shelf and our nice rectangle light.. MAN IS IT HEAVY!!!

IMG-20130426-WA0000_zps04bb764e.jpg

After we put it up.. we realized that the glass on the light is going to be another surface we have to clean! Should have told the lightcraft people not to install the glass.. the wonders of hindsight.. :(

Toilets

The toilet's fixtures are also installed.. namely the mirror, toilet roll holder, towel ring..

Here's the master toilet..

20130424_180916_zpsb207aca3.jpg

The lights for the toilet hasn't been installed yet, but we needed to put the light there to check if there is enough space left for the light at all..

And here's our common toilet.. more than enough space for my light (the same light we're using for the master)

20130424_180844_zps2f678c4d.jpg

And our nice chrome basin is there to complete the look :)

Some gripes I have about our toilet is the absolute lack of space to install my toilet roll holder!!! With the toilet bowl between the vanity and the shower screen.. I can't put up my toilet roll holder on the same side.. no space! In the end I had to install it opposite of the toilet bowl.. which is a little bit far.. you'd have to stretch out your hand to reach it.. sigh.. good thing my hubby and I have long arms.. although my poor son will have trouble reaching the toilet paper when he comes of age.. :dunno:

Kitchen continued

Kitchen has been completed (almost).. The blum hinges has been fixed thank goodness.. now I can happily slam my kitchen doors with no worry there'll be a banging sound..

Apparently our kitchen doors are bigger than most HDB kitchens (we used IKEA kitchen specs) so because of that, we couldn't just install the soft closing mechanism on the top hinges, we had to add on to the bottom hinges too.. Once that was done, no more banging sounds :)

We also installed the under cabinet lightings too.. Bought the LED lights from IKEA as well.. Was a little worried that the lights wouldn't be bright enough but looks like I worried for nothing!

IMG-20130426-WA0001_zps15ba2caf.jpg

Here's a picture of the other side.. the dishrack had a T5 installed too and we had put up some railings and a stainless steel laminate shelf..

20130424_181103_zps594e6838.jpg

If it wasn't because stainless steel was so hard to maintain.. I would have definitely opted for a stainless steel top for the kitchen surfaces.. :(

Study

The study lights has also been installed

Cove lights above the shelf and our nice rectangle light.. MAN IS IT HEAVY!!!

IMG-20130426-WA0000_zps04bb764e.jpg

After we put it up.. we realized that the glass on the light is going to be another surface we have to clean! Should have told the lightcraft people not to install the glass.. the wonders of hindsight.. :(

Toilets

The toilet's fixtures are also installed.. namely the mirror, toilet roll holder, towel ring..

Here's the master toilet..

20130424_180916_zpsb207aca3.jpg

The lights for the toilet hasn't been installed yet, but we needed to put the light there to check if there is enough space left for the light at all..

And here's our common toilet.. more than enough space for my light (the same light we're using for the master)

20130424_180844_zps2f678c4d.jpg

And our nice chrome basin is there to complete the look :)

Some gripes I have about our toilet is the absolute lack of space to install my toilet roll holder!!! With the toilet bowl between the vanity and the shower screen.. I can't put up my toilet roll holder on the same side.. no space! In the end I had to install it opposite of the toilet bowl.. which is a little bit far.. you'd have to stretch out your hand to reach it.. sigh.. good thing my hubby and I have long arms.. although my poor son will have trouble reaching the toilet paper when he comes of age.. :dunno:

install the toilet roll holder at the side of the vanity cabinet? but check if got sufficient clearance for the toilet seat/cover to lift up and down

Edited by harocarlos

install the toilet roll holder at the side of the vanity cabinet? but check if got sufficient clearance for the toilet seat/cover to lift up and down

Yeah I tried.. If you put in those thick rolls, it will stick out too much and would jab anyone who sat down on the bowl! So in the end.. had no choice.. installed it on the opposite wall

looking forward to see the artemide light installed!

I'm waiting too.. hahah.. still waiting for the electrician to come down and test the light before installation.. :)

please advise if your contractor charge you extra for helping to install blum products. I assumed you purchase Blum direct and was wondering how much you paid for full kitchen and if it is possible to advise what hinges or what setup and how many you bought.

cheers

drunkenchivas

please advise if your contractor charge you extra for helping to install blum products. I assumed you purchase Blum direct and was wondering how much you paid for full kitchen and if it is possible to advise what hinges or what setup and how many you bought.

cheers

drunkenchivas

Hi drunkenchivas,

My kitchen was costed as a lump sum in the quote and the blum systems were already included as part of the cost.. so it was actually quite worth it

For our door hinges.. our contractor installed the clip top range..

Our dish rack uses the blum servo drive

And our drawers uses the tandem runner system

Think u can see from the kitchen pictures the total number of doors and drawers we have..

If you're interested, you can contact my contractor for a quote based on your kitchen size.. Dennis 90507397

Hi, nice house you have!

Can share the detail of the Reno cost? And how much it cost to overlay each toilet?

Need to do waterproofing again? Cos my ID said better to.

Thanks

Hi, nice house you have!

Can share the detail of the Reno cost? And how much it cost to overlay each toilet?

Need to do waterproofing again? Cos my ID said better to.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the compliments!

Our reno cost is honestly tailored to our requirements (and we had ALOT of requirements), so don't feel good sharing it out as it may not be fair to our contractor..

What I can share is that our contractor quoted in lump sum figures.. meaning things like doing up the kitchen was a lump sum, doing the toilets was another lump sum.. so this meant that when we bought additional items or fittings to be installed or we wanted changes to our carpentry configurations, it was all covered in the lump sum and he didn't charge us additional for them..

As for toilets, we didn't do waterproofing because this is a BTO flat and we're not allowed to hack up the toilets or kitchen or we would void our warranty. If yours is an old flat (older than a certain number of years), then its definitely recommended to redo waterproofing for fear of damage to the waterproofing after so many years.

It would be better for you to contact my contractor to get him to quote you the toilet cost based on your toilet size and the works you need to get done.. dun worry he's a super nice guy who is very quick to respond and quote.. Dennis 90507397

Hope this helps!

I like reading your blog. And kudos on being consistent with the tilings/furniture/lighting. I think that is very hard to do!

Hope to embark on my own reno journey soon enough and will definitely speak to your contractor. I understand the sensitivity about pricing, however, would you classify his pricing as low, average or high?