Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Great house with personal touches! Mind sharing where u got the key hanging chalkboard looking thingy near ur entrance! Hee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha.. ic.. thanks!!

Mind sharing the est cost? how much it cost? The wall must be tough enough to hold ur TV :P

The cost was part of my renovation quote. It was a lump sum figure for the few partitions I did around the house.

The partitions are mounted on steel frames and the area for the TV and speakers were also reinforced with wood so that the equipment could be mounted.

You can request for a quote from my contractor to calculate how much it would cost for doing up the partition at your place.. He tends to quote lump sum figures for similar works so if you ask him later to add this or that or change small stuff, he doesn't increase the cost..

hi blue, love your black rectangular led light in your living, did you buy that from modulux as well? can I know how much is it? also 2 of that fitting in your living, is it bright enough?

Yup.. bought them from modulux..

The rectangular lights are mood lighting.. usually at night if we're watching TV and just relaxing.. I just switch on the rectangle light above my TV.. Its sufficient for what we're doing and I like the cozy atmosphere it creates..

If I need to do something that requires a lot more light, I'll switch to my fan light which basically floods my entire living with light.

If you're only intending to have the rectangle light as your primary light source, then its a definite no no.. its not bright enough.. but if you already have a primary light source.. these lights create a fantastic mood for the living space..

I also installed the rectangle light over my hallway.. and that light in the narrow corridor is actually bright enough.. the place is quite well lit

Great house with personal touches! Mind sharing where u got the key hanging chalkboard looking thingy near ur entrance! Hee

Thanks.. I got the chalkboard from the urban outfitters website..

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=26569210&parentid=A_DECORATE

They've got some very nice decorative items for the house.. tempted to get so many but had limited wall space.. hahah

Yup.. bought them from modulux..

The rectangular lights are mood lighting.. usually at night if we're watching TV and just relaxing.. I just switch on the rectangle light above my TV.. Its sufficient for what we're doing and I like the cozy atmosphere it creates..

If I need to do something that requires a lot more light, I'll switch to my fan light which basically floods my entire living with light.

If you're only intending to have the rectangle light as your primary light source, then its a definite no no.. its not bright enough.. but if you already have a primary light source.. these lights create a fantastic mood for the living space..

I also installed the rectangle light over my hallway.. and that light in the narrow corridor is actually bright enough.. the place is quite well lit

thank! can share how much each with the light bulb?

Thanks.. I got the chalkboard from the urban outfitters website..

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=26569210&parentid=A_DECORATE

They've got some very nice decorative items for the house.. tempted to get so many but had limited wall space.. hahah

Thanks for the share! And omg!! The stuff are soooooooooooo nice!!

Thanks for the share! And omg!! The stuff are soooooooooooo nice!!

Hahha.. have fun shopping online!! I bought a shag rug from them too.. good quality!

The renovation for our place has officially completed! Now all that's left is to do is rectify defects, cleaning and move in the furniture..

Some pics from the latest visit to the house

Wide angle view of dining area

IMG-20130506-WA0006_zpsb29f7775.jpg

Kitchen completed

IMG-20130506-WA0000_zps5b68fb79.jpg

IMG-20130506-WA0003_zpsb87c361c.jpg

IMG-20130506-WA0004_zps9b4321e9.jpg

Common bathroom complete with tap

IMG-20130506-WA0005_zps45907918.jpg

hi, nice reno.

Where did u bought ur black tap for ur kitchen? i am also looking of one like this.

hi, nice reno.

Where did u bought ur black tap for ur kitchen? i am also looking of one like this.

You can get the black tap from Ikea.. They have it in white as well

Thanks for info. I didn't thought about Ikea. I check all over the world and forgot about ikea completely.. haha

Thanks

Its been a busy busy week for us as we began moving into our new place..

All the works in the house has been completed (save for some defects here and there which my contractor has promised to fix) and my husband and I have obsessively cleaned the place from top to bottom..

Seriously.. I think I actually lost a little bit of weight from the morning till night cleaning!

Anyway, not all my furniture has arrived yet.. but here's a sneak peak

970420_10151627014812254_828870358_n.jpg

For those who are interested.. the stickers are from Blik..

Hi

May I know wat speaker is tat? Is it 5.1 type? How is e sound? I m looking for a 5.1 speakers. Oso wat avr u using?

Thks

The cost was part of my renovation quote. It was a lump sum figure for the few partitions I did around the house.

The partitions are mounted on steel frames and the area for the TV and speakers were also reinforced with wood so that the equipment could be mounted.

You can request for a quote from my contractor to calculate how much it would cost for doing up the partition at your place.. He tends to quote lump sum figures for similar works so if you ask him later to add this or that or change small stuff, he doesn't increase the cost..

Can i have your contractor contact?

Im also getting subway tiles with white grouting in the kitchen too! Dirty grouting was a concern but since we will hardly cook, shouldnt be much of a problem.

Hi

May I know wat speaker is tat? Is it 5.1 type? How is e sound? I m looking for a 5.1 speakers. Oso wat avr u using?

Thks

The brand is called DLS and its a set of flatbox speakers from sweden.

http://dls.se/en/home/prod.html?produkt=en_542

Its good great sound cos the body is made of solid wood.. but of course flatbox speakers sound would lose out to those larger more bulky speakers.. But we wanted aesthetics as well as sound so this was a great compromise..

And yup its a 5.1.. but i've also added an additional pair of speakers to my study room so that created a second zone for my sound system.. so I have a total of 7 speakers + 1 woofer

I bought the speakers from audio iconic at adelphi.. shop is owned by a friend of mine..

The AVR is from yamaha.. but its an old model.. donated by my audio fanatic dad.. :)