Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Im also getting subway tiles with white grouting in the kitchen too! Dirty grouting was a concern but since we will hardly cook, shouldnt be much of a problem.

I went to daiso and bought some clear plastic sheeting to paste over the wall behind the hob.. think that should help a bit

And I'm also a bit of a neat freak.. i tend to wipe down my counter tops and wall after every use..

So shouldn't be a problem..

Hi all,

I've updated my signature to include my name and where our place is.. so if you do call up my contractor and he asks who referred you or you want to let him know you want to replicate some of the ideas in our place.. you'll be able to tell him who we are.. :)

---------------------------------

In the meantime.. here's a couple of things I've shopped for for my kitchen since I'm fully intending to break it in once all my cooking utensils arrive..

A good rice cooker is a must.. In my parent's place, rice cookers don't have a very long life span as my mum cooks almost everyday and the rice cookers pretty much DIE after a couple of months to a year.. the only rice cooker that had lasted a LONG LONG time (I think it lived through my upper primary to junior college) was a zojirushi rice cooker..

That is why..

PhotoGrid_1370013919807_zpsfdc68033.jpg

And now.. I'm absolutely getting this cookbook!!

rice_cooker_book.jpg

Soups, stews, mixed rice, noodles.. its got everything you can possibly cook cooked by a rice cooker!! Anyone seen this cookbook being sold in bookstores here?

And with a baby who lives on formula.. an airpot is a must.. but I wanted one that would not stick out like a sore thumb in my kitchen.. and the zojirushi one was the nicest i could find..

PhotoGrid_1370013949090_zps083ec74d.jpg

Love it!

And last but not least.. picked up a ladder shelving for my bedroom from Spotlight.. 60 bucks!!

PhotoGrid_1370013984106_zpsf2c0453b.jpg

The brand is called DLS and its a set of flatbox speakers from sweden.

http://dls.se/en/home/prod.html?produkt=en_542

Its good great sound cos the body is made of solid wood.. but of course flatbox speakers sound would lose out to those larger more bulky speakers.. But we wanted aesthetics as well as sound so this was a great compromise..

And yup its a 5.1.. but i've also added an additional pair of speakers to my study room so that created a second zone for my sound system.. so I have a total of 7 speakers + 1 woofer

I bought the speakers from audio iconic at adelphi.. shop is owned by a friend of mine..

The AVR is from yamaha.. but its an old model.. donated by my audio fanatic dad.. :)

Hi

DUn minf if u can pm me e price of ur speakers. Urs is L or XL? How abt ur rear? All using same? Really very curious how this speakers sound like.

Thank you.

Hi

DUn minf if u can pm me e price of ur speakers. Urs is L or XL? How abt ur rear? All using same? Really very curious how this speakers sound like.

Thank you.

My rear speakers are mini slim, the left, right and center are mini large...

Here's a pic of how the rear speakers look like..

20130601_100936_zps8ade4003.jpg

If you're interested in the sound, you can go down to Audio Iconic to try it out.. my friend has the same speakers set up in his shop and he can demo it to you.. just look for Jeff or Patrick and tell them you saw the setup at my place..

http://audioiconic.com/category/brands/dls/

My rear speakers are mini slim, the left, right and center are mini large...

Here's a pic of how the rear speakers look like..

20130601_100936_zps8ade4003.jpg

If you're interested in the sound, you can go down to Audio Iconic to try it out.. my friend has the same speakers set up in his shop and he can demo it to you.. just look for Jeff or Patrick and tell them you saw the setup at my place..

http://audioiconic.com/category/brands/dls/

NIce! Thanks alot pal.

good buy from spotlight!

Yeah man.. Didn't realize the GSS sale was here..

Popped in to buy cushions and saw the shelf on offer! Dunno if they still have any left..

Pity I don't have enough wall space around the house.. if not definitely would buy 1 more..

Hi may I ask how many down lights did u use to light up ur living area? Thank you

Oh and also, may I ask if the milo tin.lights are from modulux too? If theyare from taobao, may I ask how do I look for them in mandarin?

Edited by jesc

Kitchen continued

Kitchen has been completed (almost).. The blum hinges has been fixed thank goodness.. now I can happily slam my kitchen doors with no worry there'll be a banging sound..

Apparently our kitchen doors are bigger than most HDB kitchens (we used IKEA kitchen specs) so because of that, we couldn't just install the soft closing mechanism on the top hinges, we had to add on to the bottom hinges too.. Once that was done, no more banging sounds :)

We also installed the under cabinet lightings too.. Bought the LED lights from IKEA as well.. Was a little worried that the lights wouldn't be bright enough but looks like I worried for nothing!

IMG-20130426-WA0001_zps15ba2caf.jpg

Here's a picture of the other side.. the dishrack had a T5 installed too and we had put up some railings and a stainless steel laminate shelf..

20130424_181103_zps594e6838.jpg

If it wasn't because stainless steel was so hard to maintain.. I would have definitely opted for a stainless steel top for the kitchen surfaces.. :(

Study

The study lights has also been installed

Cove lights above the shelf and our nice rectangle light.. MAN IS IT HEAVY!!!

IMG-20130426-WA0000_zps04bb764e.jpg

After we put it up.. we realized that the glass on the light is going to be another surface we have to clean! Should have told the lightcraft people not to install the glass.. the wonders of hindsight.. :(

Toilets

The toilet's fixtures are also installed.. namely the mirror, toilet roll holder, towel ring..

Here's the master toilet..

20130424_180916_zpsb207aca3.jpg

The lights for the toilet hasn't been installed yet, but we needed to put the light there to check if there is enough space left for the light at all..

And here's our common toilet.. more than enough space for my light (the same light we're using for the master)

20130424_180844_zps2f678c4d.jpg

And our nice chrome basin is there to complete the look :)

Some gripes I have about our toilet is the absolute lack of space to install my toilet roll holder!!! With the toilet bowl between the vanity and the shower screen.. I can't put up my toilet roll holder on the same side.. no space! In the end I had to install it opposite of the toilet bowl.. which is a little bit far.. you'd have to stretch out your hand to reach it.. sigh.. good thing my hubby and I have long arms.. although my poor son will have trouble reaching the toilet paper when he comes of age.. :dunno:

Hi Blueeeeie, may I know where you got your common bathroom mirror?

My green lamp has finally found its home..

20130603_100545_Sophia_zps3d3d31db.jpg

I've got another lamp like this.. any takers?

Hi blueeeeie,

Is the lamp still available? If yes, can I know what kinda light bulb? And of course how much you would be selling? Thx :)