Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkok

Bachelor's Retreat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Everything come into standstill cause my agent say only start when u are the legal owner (just to be safe). Hence, my selection of contractor only start 2nd week of June and reno should start mid or last week of June. Take it easy..dont rush since im not in a hurry to move in. Will update soon. :D

If I am not wrong, I think I know which unit you are talking about. Block 23X and currently in really shabby condition =p. (which of course can be transformed - a diamond in the rough). If its the same one I am talking about (above some shops hehe), I visited that place multiple times with my agent and seriously considered buying it. The neighbours are nice too but probably moving out in a bit due to their BTO (yah talked to them to understand more about the flat). Wife can't see pass the potential noise from the convenience shop downstairs so we eventually gave it up. Another unit higher up at the other corner sold at a record $90K COV (same kind of condition)....We kind of liked that unit but the COV is too high for the condition.

However, I believe it has potential. Will be exciting to see what you can make out of it. We are waiting for 1st Appt for a Sgoon Ctrl Blk 20X apartment now and it has similar floor plan to yours plus recess area. All the best in the reno. Will follow it.

This is kinda my first post here (of many to come I guess) hahaha.

Hi

I like this too. But do note if you are going to select small tiles. Will have a hard time cleaning the toilet due to the numerous grout lines and keeping it white

Yes macuser is right... Our bathroom tofu tiles are gonna be a big killer in terms of cleaning! Small is cute but cleaning will be a pain.

Yes macuser is right... Our bathroom tofu tiles are gonna be a big killer in terms of cleaning! Small is cute but cleaning will be a pain.

Hi,

I recommend Comet. It's powerful and rinses off easily. We've tried most toilet cleaners, and Comet is still the best. Can be found in Cold Storage. Seems like ntuc doesn't carry it.

IMG-20130428-WA0001_zps1f6af34c.jpg

Wow..thanks for the tips guys... i know small tiles difficult to clean and might breed agale....Yucks... Well, maybe think of other flooring... wood tiles!!

Is comet good for grout lines? We are sticking to traditional white grout line color since we are aiming for the old school look.

Is comet good for grout lines? We are sticking to traditional white grout line color since we are aiming for the old school look.

Hi mk

I think it works? My old toilet had white grout lines too. If all else fails get Chlorox toilet bleach( can't rem the exact name - need to go home check). Managed to get rid of algae and made my old toilet as good as new!

Hi MK.

It's the "hubby" here. We have not really tried Comet on algaes stuck to grout lines. However, Comet doesn't scratch tiles as compared to conventional cleaners like "Cif", which has tiny scrubbing particles.

Haha will try a small bottle of Comex and also a small bottle of Chlorox and make own concoction lol (no lah, will use separately and be diligent to clean REGULARLY :)