Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Hi mrmerry,

Yeah, my wifey really like the seatee a lot... So next time bathing time will be >1 hr...

Go out and fly kite still got time... Hehe

I would love to have a seat too but my bathroom is small. If I build one there, the whole shower stall will be full!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I would love to have a seat too but my bathroom is small. If I build one there, the whole shower stall will be full!

lol my showring time has effectively increased since i got the seat.. u just wanan sit there and stay under the hot showers...

lol my showring time has effectively increased since i got the seat.. u just wanan sit there and stay under the hot showers...

You are making me very 'sum see see' ! ... My ID hasn't officially handed over my place yet..so theoretically I can still add. but I got no space.. May be I will have a bath stool instead of bath seat.. Haha!

I love peranakan tiles, so old school and full of personality. It's looking beautiful!

Hi mishmish,

Yah, we like the tiles too but the thought of cleaning them might be a chore too hehe... The great dilemma....

Luckily, or kitchen area is small and with all the fixtures up, the cleaning area should be manageable...

My wifey already shoot out" your are in charge of the kitchen floor" before me and my heart sank" OMG, 慢了一步"

:)

OMG, increased showing time, think need to set the timer of the water heater to cut off hot water supply after 15 mins. Hehehehehe evil smile

Simply love your peranakan tiles. Looks so bright & cheery. Its very bold and adventurous to use such tiles in the kitchen, but it turns out great! :dribble:

Looking forward to see how your unique 'sewing machine' bathroom vanity looks like. Sure to be **** chio also. :)

Have bought more things during the week:

TV console:

Wanted to buy the Pinot series from journey east but the price is too steep, even after the 20% discount... So look around the shop and finally settled for this insteadimage-17.jpg

After discount is less than 1.2k for a 2m console... The bottom part is extendable, so can go up to 2.3m I guess, depend on the design we want... The lady even recommend to buy the standing shelf that can blend with this console but too bad, my pocket is empty although my heart is full... Also, don't want my brick wall to be covered... Hehe

Also, my friend brought me to light craft and I bought these lights for my toilet and service yardimage-12.jpgimage-13.jpg

Also, the cage light from taobao has arrivedimage-19.jpg

Happy like dinosaur!!!

Hi,

Mind to share the link from TB? Plan to get lighting from TB too. Many member from RT get from TB and seem everyone said the quality was good. TIA

Hi,

Mind to share the link from TB? Plan to get lighting from TB too. Many member from RT get from TB and seem everyone said the quality was good. TIA

I bought the lamp from this seller

http://a.m.taobao.com/i9036804826.htm

Fyi...There are many other sellers on taobao that sell this type of light. I choose this seller because she offers red color. Disclaimer: I have not tested the light because my electrical work is still ongoing... But the quality is quite solid and cost about 20 dollars...

Simply love your peranakan tiles. Looks so bright & cheery. Its very bold and adventurous to use such tiles in the kitchen, but it turns out great! :dribble:

Looking forward to see how your unique 'sewing machine' bathroom vanity looks like. Sure to be **** chio also. :)

Hi 3Dyms,

Thanks... That is the trade off between nice and maintenance... I hope the vanity turn out good too... Hehe

Yeah... Another project completed

Finished the 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle..had spent numerous late night to finish this puzzle.... Haven't thought of where to hang this painting tho... The funny thing is my painting has not even started!!! Haha... My wifey always comment " why so kiasu!"

image-30.jpg

Anyway, anyone know of place to buy cheap and good art painting frame? i need to frame up another drawing my wifey had bought online.... TIA

I also wanted to comment on the good after sale service from Asia Excel. I bought a grohe euphoria rain-shower set back in march (very impulse buy, very regret now) and the set was delivered 2 weeks ago... I was not at the site when the package was delivered and the tiler received it on my behalf... I also forgot about it and didn't check the package. A few days ago, out of curiosity, I opened up the package and to my horror, the shower head delivered is not the correct one.

I remembered the sales person told me that the rainshower should be chrome finish but the one I received is exactly similar to the one on display in their show room... I quickly called them up, although more than 1 week later, they admit their mistake and willing to exchange the correct head for me without much hassle... Phew...

As for the items I ordered from Insani, I am still waiting for them to be delivered... According to the customer service guy I am corresponding, the rainshower icon is not available and would only be in stock on 17/7, then all the items will be shipped together...

So he proposed 2 solutions:

1. Cancel this item and he will send the other items

2. Part delivery and pay another eur50

So in the end, I decided to wait for all the parts since I spent a lot of my time mix and match the items to fit the 5KG shipping requirement... Also

, the rainshower icon is really cheap as compared locally even with shipping included...

For those who are interested to buy from insani, be prepare to wait even if the items are "in stock, immediately available" so must really check the stock availability with the customer service before making purchase, especially, for those in a hurry to get the items.... The response from the customer service personnel is quite prompt but must use the form to make enquiry instead through email if you need a fast response from them...

Sorry for the long post...

Finally, my renovation has gathered pace again. There was a slightly delay due to find the right electrician for the house... Wanted to run black PVC pipe across the living room, kitchen and common toilet but it seems to be very difficult to do so...

Today jiawei bought a color palette for us to choose the paint color...

Gotten sail white (according to jiawei, not off white but it has a tinge of creamy favor) for my mum room and study room ( wifey want the study room to be bright)

image-43.jpg

Then for MBR, green gates to match the laminate of our wardrobe with the center wall to be beige color

image-35.jpg

As for the living room, the wall opposite the red brick wall will be blue with the other walls be sail white... We have chosen liberty blue ( because of the name)... I wanted something darker tho but jiawei warned that it might clash with the brick wall, so go for a color that is milder...

image-36.jpg

Then after that, went to yontat to get the door... The bottom part of the current main door has chipped off (a result if not checking thoroughly when buying the flat)... Haiz, so no choice but to replace it as it might scratch my tiles in the long run... So wifey wanted black and gotten a black veneer door

image-39.jpg

Closer look...

image-40.jpg

Then the bedroom doors are simple classic doors without grooves

image-41.jpg

Closer look

image-42.jpg

Then my wifey wanted a digital lock as she does not want to bring keys out... She has shortlisted the Yale lock...