Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Mine took more than 2.5 weeks before they inform me that they are shipping the items over despite the items are in stock. After that, it only took like 0.5 weeks for it to arrive at my doorstep.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yeah think it's bit heng suay to use either iceprice or insani. Was your item in ready stock?

I bought like 1.5k stuff in one shipment. no issues leh.

Yeah. And the thing is I bought a kitchen mixer from there during my first purchase and it arrived promptly.. Like within 2 weeks, now, this is after 3 months. I waited for 1 month for the hand shower when the website stated as in stock and available. Sianz... Even the information in the website is not accurate...

Hope they will refund you?

I hope so too. I did check with Insani and they need a confirmation from DHL before making a refund which should be in the next days... Now, I hope my package is really lost in transit, if not, I can only hope someone buy the extra mixer and tap from me.... 😀. I should have bought the hansgrohe shower set with mixer and tap locally, cost around the same and made in Germany too... Someone got 1 year warranty...

I hope so too. I did check with Insani and they need a confirmation from DHL before making a refund which should be in the next days... Now, I hope my package is really lost in transit, if not, I can only hope someone buy the extra mixer and tap from me.... . I should have bought the hansgrohe shower set with mixer and tap locally, cost around the same and made in Germany too... Someone got 1 year warranty...

There are no significant savings for hansgrohe if you buy from Insani? I'm wondering whether to buy Grohe stuff from Insani too...

There are no significant savings for hansgrohe if you buy from Insani? I'm wondering whether to buy Grohe stuff from Insani too...

Insani yes because the minimum shipping weight is 5Kg at 95 euro. But ice price starting shipping weight is 15kg at 199 euro, so saving is very little if you don't buy much. Unless the type of taps or shower set that you want to buy is of the higher end series, hansgrohe should be raindance series and grohe should be quadra series, the saving will not be very substantial since some local vendor do have package deals. Do compare price first before buying and also, do note on the risk of delay shipment.

After such a long waiting time, I finally get all my taps up except the bathroom faucet, which should be changed by tomorrow.... The plumber dropped me 2 bombshell yesterday and was afraid that the Reno might drag on..

1. The thread size for my bathroom faucet is too small. The plumber tried to search for a connector at sim siang choon but to no avail. Luckily, I remembered I came across a thread in this forum on the shop that sells the type of connector. I am really grateful for all the information shared in this forum... Many thanks...

2. Then came another bombshell, this time round is the kitchen tap. The plumber claimed that this is the first time he saw a tap with 5 lines attached to it. Then I explained to him that 3 of the lines are for the filter that comes with the tap. However, he was not confident to proceed with the installation.

So I took up the challenge to link up the filter after looking at the manual and it seems pretty easy to me. 😀 However, it still took me 1 hour plus to connect the filter to the tap. The plumber was kind enough to connect the kitchen tap to the main water supply for me but he mistaken the red and blue indicators as inlet and outlet.

Phew... So all things are settled, just need to wait for my spoilt kitchen light to be replaced and all is done!!!

So, I finally started to decor the house a little bit

Hang the life of Pi drawing onto the brick wall... I just feel the height is too low but my wifey thinks it is perfect. What do you guys think?

image-95.jpg

My "hope" coasters are finally here.... Already started to serve their purpose😀

image-96.jpg

The drawing is slightly lower that I would have placed it. But if it looks good overall on the wall brick wall then its fine. I cant tell about that part unless you post more photos. :P You can try putting it 2-3 brick-rows lower in relative to the clock.

BTW, I noticed your living room has got a ceiling light beside the ceiling fan. May I know the distance between the light and the fan? I'm thinking of this arrangement for my MBR but rather concerned about the strobe light effect, as in like "disco" flashing lights when the fan is on.

Thanks

The drawing is slightly lower that I would have placed it. But if it looks good overall on the wall brick wall then its fine. I cant tell about that part unless you post more photos. :P You can try putting it 2-3 brick-rows lower in relative to the clock.

BTW, I noticed your living room has got a ceiling light beside the ceiling fan. May I know the distance between the light and the fan? I'm thinking of this arrangement for my MBR but rather concerned about the strobe light effect, as in like "disco" flashing lights when the fan is on.

Thanks

The poster is already about 2-3 rows below my clock... Hmmm... Maybe I will hang another poster slightly higher???

As for the living room light and fan distance, I am not quite sure about that as I never really measure the distance. Just hang it up by my electrician and make it it doesn't hit my L-box will do.... 😃 as for the shadow aka disco effect, nope, we don't experience that in the house and the cove light is really more than enough for my living room

Today, Insani sent me an email and informed me that DHL has declared my package is lost and would compensate for the loss up to 500 euro which is the insurance coverage. Luckily, my purchase is less than 500 euro... Phew.... So, now, hopefully no more hiccup for the refund...

On a happier note, the installer for my kitchen cabinet that we bought from ikea will fix it up tomorrow. So looking forward to it. My wifey wanted a pull out drawer that allows her to keep all her kitchen barang barang.... Once the spoilt kitchen light is replaced, my reno journey will be completed.

In fact, my wifey and I had been staying over at my new place for the past 2 days... The feeling is really special as the bed is really comfy..... Haha

Will take more pics of the done up place 😃

In the meantime, buy some stuff for the house

Bathroom Tap: Rubberized bronze from Kraus and Grohe

IMG_1543.png

IMG_1558.png

Shower and mixer

IMG_1538.png

My wifey wanted this standing lamp in the bedroom:

IMG_1613-1.png

Money Money Money.... :dancingqueen: Where's my money???

Hi I really like your newly renovated place, nice cool style, very inspiring !

May I know where to get the standing light from? Maybe can pm me the link? thanks