Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteCookie

Our New Place!

Hi peoples,

After reading up lots of useful articles/postings and still reading on.. finally its my turn to hands-on for my newly collected home.

Am excited yet panicky at the same time that it could be somewhat a stressful process.

Hmm my fiance and i have tons of ideas to input, but we do understand there is a line inbetween beauty and practically ( cost : durability ). thats when we experienced whats "nice" isnt always "that affordable" after paying a few furniture stores a visit.. lol

anyway here goes with my floorplans:

layout_zps98e26017.jpg

Ideas: To create a cozy and spacious environment and mid century feel( obviously i've noticed ladies are more incline to this). more of a comtemporary concept with a tint of rustic ideas ( my desire are actually industrial, but we'll see along the way ) lol.

Color Themes : Earthy colors ( White / Brown / Grey )

Encountered a few ids for the past few days, but hmm they couldnt really give us what we expect, somewhat given are simple concept or rather normal formulas lol at least thats what we felt. So we didnt commit yet, due to we're terribly tight on our budget as we're getting on with our marriage later this year as well.. geez.. so will move one step at a time and keep you folks updated ya?

Cheers :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to Renotalk! Mixing Mid Century with bits of industrial is nice! You may wanna consider adding dash of vibrant colours to the earthy tones :)

Thanks for the warm welcoming! yea we'll actually are planning for abits of green as well. but hmm cant decide lol.

heres a sneak preview of our existing looks.

Kitchen kinda small ya? :/

IMG_3880_zpsb1c57b99.jpg

MBR

IMG_3884_zps18d0aacb.jpg

MBR's Washroom

IMG_3881_zps17a6865f.jpg

Common Loo

IMG_3882_zpsb710fe26.jpg

Other bedrooms kinda similar

IMG_3883_zps87647e13.jpg

thats all for now, back to researching lol

Back with some ideal concepts, apologies for pic quality as some were taken off from phone.

Hopefully can deliver the "feeling" end of the day as fiance really like the textures and mid century feeling by bringing bricks design into play.

Any advise if its too costly? would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

IMG_3806_zpsa5dc6197.jpg

truly inspired by how the beam/ false ceiling and wall tones blends in.

IMG_3850_zpsba269251.jpg

another concept by partitioning our dinning and living area. hmm.. interesting but i dont quite like it. but she says privacy.. lol

IMG_3805_zps2141d47d.jpg

open concept kitchen, most likely would be implementing this idea. as we're not any great cooks ourselves, so hopefully we can increase the overall visibility and to allow more natural lights to enter the dinning area.

concept_zpsea42a3c3.jpg

IMG_3801_zps2affee91.jpg

island concept with sink, but we might not have such space to get it done up as what it seems like i guess.

not too practical for me i thought. gona explore abit more on that. wonder if its possible to construct as well, due to the existing water inlet is too far away for us :(

Lastly for flooring we are looking to replace for living and kitchen with some greyish tiles. but at the same time worry that it might be too dark. might look into softer tone of grey for that matter. Would like to seek some opinions, if hacking out the kitchen L-wall to brighten up the dinning, is it a good option? thanks!

As for tv console/wall, we're planning for brick tiles as a full feature wall to pair with a set of tv console off the rack. Had seen forumers with such bricks works, and they are looking really cozy! from pictures it does gave us a sense of secured homey feel. but we have no idea if its too much of hassle maintaining or cleaning it. But nevertheless, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for that, until we decide!

IMG_4053_zps48f7f02d.jpg

Our selected tv consoles;

IMG_4059_zps6767876d.jpg

IMG_4060_zps4be66115.jpg

Set our eyes on these pieces, as they collide with our tint of industrial ideas ;) so without thinking we took leave to drop by the outlets to have a feel of these tomorrow. Hopefully they are not gona burnt out our pockets.. and that's all for now folks, be back soon!

Hi WhiteCookie! Congrats on ur new flat & welcome to RT! Njoy ur journey! Looking forward to following ur progression! :)

nice pictures for inspiration! You should totally pursue the island/dining table if you are able to. We sort of did that and love it :)

all the best with reno!

Thanks guys! dam we're beated n soooo worn out after a day of sourcing n QC-ing around..lol

Had placed order for my tv console and a coffeetable not the exact model from previous posted, but kinda similar. We're not allowed to take pics, but will post once i manage to google them out later on tonight.. hehe.

Went to Hafary to look for tiles options too. kinda settled for a single grey tone across the whole living n kitchen.

As well as all our lightings and bathroom accessories from Jalan Besar and Geylang respectively.

We need food and a good rest for now after using up all our bargaining juice, LOL!

Will drop by later tonight for more pictures. kindly stay tune for next update ya?! :)

Here is the next inputs as promised! managed to google them up for you folks!

ferrum_2_DOOR_TV-UNIT_zps8e960852.jpg

Ferrum Tv Dresser ( 2080 x 40 x 55 ) 4 drawers version.

CU-ferum_zpse2ad3e6f.jpg

Love at first sight due to the details. Rugged drawers up-close & personal.

dollytable_zpsac120a5a.jpg

Dolly Coffee Table ( 800 x 40 x 25 ) Cute little item to the right of the pic.

dinninglights_zps2e48a9d9.jpg

Our Dinning Lights ! already cant wait to install this triplets lol.

Cheers! back to bed.. :P

Love your TV console and coffee table! You got them from Journey East?

Yes, every pieces there is so eye drooling.. wasted it was our first outlet that we visited, so hard trying not to burn our pockets for now. Due to Renovation also have not even start.. haa that's how appealing to us it was, had to book it due to low stock count. abit kiasu hor? heh

Yes, every pieces there is so eye drooling.. wasted it was our first outlet that we visited, so hard trying not to burn our pockets for now. Due to Renovation also have not even start.. haa that's how appealing to us it was, had to book it due to low stock count. abit kiasu hor? heh

Their stuff are nice but rather pricey I feel. I hope you didn't pay too much deposit! Can always change your mind later :)

Edited by bleucheeze

Bleu : yea agreed kinda pricey, but i've check around for tv console sometimes back during expo roadshow, those attractive are retailing for like 1.2k already, moreover its laminated. Comparable, this cost us around for a couple of hundreds more, which we found the quality we seek thus full payment was made...abit of hash move, now that i think back lol

Makan : yea, gotten the pic sample from google. we've booked the 4 drawers unit instead, our dimensions are stated for your reference.

hope this helps! heh

Edited by WhiteCookie