Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Saw this as we were walking along milenia walk.. wondering if we could incorporate into our tiny bathroom... for the lazy showerer.

379891_10200551213676716_1452988751_n.pn

but without the wooden settings as i think it will be hard to clean.. just imagine algae growing... :jawdrop:

2013+-+33.png

Beautiful coffee table we saw going for 1.1k ish.. but felt that we could do better if we go JB or some other country that sold wood natively... :notti:

After walking the whole day, the next day Sunday was for FSM and the ID to come down for actual site reccee.

Our originally idea of hacking hacking down kitchen and creating a wall partition along the door way dint seem feasible now that we saw the actual space.. so back to the drawing board... Sigh my bath tub was out of the question..

you can try Helping Hands for the coffee table. will be more affordable =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Boohoho! Was hoping to receive our new house before our wedding next month. Our FSM just gave us the date - 20 May to start renovation.

No way we can get the house before our wedding next month. :~

Some of the big items we bought yesterday - Fisher&Paykel Fridge, Miele Washer, Miele Dryer, Brandt Hod, Hood and Oven. Brandt has a $400 cash rebate when you buy their Brandt Pyrolytic Oven. So we our total damage for hod/hood/oven is at $2730 versus original budget of $2K. We got a Miele Washer and Dryer package deal at $3998. Feeling very poor now.

Items as follows:

Brandt Hod - TG 1273X - $500

hob.JPG

Brandt Island Hood - AD 658XC1 - $680

hood.JPG

Brandt Pyrolytic Oven FP 1067XS - $1950

oven.JPG

Fisher&Paykel Stainless Steel Fridge - $2089

fridge.JPG

you can try Helping Hands for the coffee table. will be more affordable =)

Thanks Clariviboi! It's on our radar now! I'm thinking to try them for moving services too! - Mrs Merry

Hihi! Can totally feel u re budget overrun! Me too! boooo..

But end of day, m sure u two will hv a very lovely home!

Ps. In case u didn't know,you can apply for two loans (can apply one each) so that finances not too tight.. Of coz best to stick within budget ..

Gd luck re ur wedding n reno!

Thanks ProjectH for the encouragement! :D - Mrs Merry

Hi Mr/Mrs Merry, im trying to budget for my 4rm BTO as well... hope you don't mind sharing your quotation breakdown for a better idea... my email is harocarlos@hotmail.com :)

Harocarlos, I'm not sure if our quotation breakdown will be helpful. Each house and owners have different requirements and expectations. We basically had reno works for the entire house from living room to bedroom to bathroom to even service yard.

The pricing is also very competitive in the market. We met 3 IDs/contractors (view Mr Merry's post earlier), the costing is roughly there. - Mrs Merry

加油! to prepare for both is not easy but am sure both you and mrs merry can do it :)

Thanks Makanology! :D - Mrs Merry

Hi Mrs Merry,

Thanks Clariviboi! It's on our radar now! I'm thinking to try them for moving services too! - Mrs Merry

Thanks ProjectH for the encouragement! :D - Mrs Merry

Harocarlos, I'm not sure if our quotation breakdown will be helpful. Each house and owners have different requirements and expectations. We basically had reno works for the entire house from living room to bedroom to bathroom to even service yard.

The pricing is also very competitive in the market. We met 3 IDs/contractors (view Mr Merry's post earlier), the costing is roughly there. - Mrs Merry

Thanks Makanology! :D - Mrs Merry

Hi Mrs Merry, I know that different house and owners have different requirements, rest assure that I'm more interested in the per ft run rate to estimate my budget...nevertheless, i totally understand if you feel uncomfortable to share your quotation. cheers! :)

Hi harocarlos ive seen 5 rm done for 20k to 70k also. I think a more realistic way to gauge first is to identify the kind of style you want then with that can roughly know the materials u wanna use n from there gauge a realistic budget

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Boohoho! Was hoping to receive our new house before our wedding next month. Our FSM just gave us the date - 20 May to start renovation.

No way we can get the house before our wedding next month. :~

Some of the big items we bought yesterday - Fisher&Paykel Fridge, Miele Washer, Miele Dryer, Brandt Hod, Hood and Oven. Brandt has a $400 cash rebate when you buy their Brandt Pyrolytic Oven. So we our total damage for hod/hood/oven is at $2730 versus original budget of $2K. We got a Miele Washer and Dryer package deal at $3998. Feeling very poor now.

Items as follows:

Brandt Hod - TG 1273X - $500

hob.JPG

Brandt Island Hood - AD 658XC1 - $680

hood.JPG

Brandt Pyrolytic Oven FP 1067XS - $1950

oven.JPG

Fisher&Paykel Stainless Steel Fridge - $2089

fridge.JPG

Hi, may I ask how you decide on Brandt for your hob and hood? Trying to figure out what to get for hob and hood, need to make decisions by this weekend, so abit kan chiong now.

Hi, may I ask how you decide on Brandt for your hob and hood? Trying to figure out what to get for hob and hood, need to make decisions by this weekend, so abit kan chiong now.

Hi Mishmish,

We were looking at various brands - Turbo, Rinai, Hobz, Electrolux, Brandt and many others. Turbo is the cheapest that had a bundle deal - Hob/Hood/Oven at just $1.5K at Courts Megastore Tampines. Mr Merry doesn't like Turbo purely for aesthetics purposes - He can't stand their logo!. Haha.

The Turbo lady recommends us using glass surface hob saying very durable and she has been using for 15 years. But other brand sales persons said that stainless steel is more durable and ideal for long hours of brew. We don't like Turbo hood design. So since we can't pair it, we give it a miss.

We chose Brandt as we really like the hood design plus the high suction power is 1000m3/hr (very impt for open concept home). The noise level is also lower compared to other brands when turned on to the max. The hood is made in France, finishing quality is well made. To pair with the hood, we chose the stainless steel hod with 3 burners. I wanted a digital self cleaning oven, plus the oven has cool door function. Our oven is placed on the island, thus this feature is ideal. Mr Merry allowed me to burst the 2k budget! Very happy! :notti:

In all, both of us are very visual and having an open concept kitchen, we need equipments that looks nice, appeal to us (we need to feel good when we both cook) and of course functional. We were also being served by a very nice sales person Mickey at Harvey Norman Millennium Walk.

I hope the above helps! - mrs merry

That's a very nice concept you have there! :) Must be a real hectic, to prepare for both renovation and wedding! :jawdrop: Hubs and I are leaning towards the vintage/cosy feel, with brickwalls + spotlights but at the same time adding hints of minimalist (small space, sigh!) inside. :D Ahhhhhhhhh, such an exciting period! Goodluck!!!! :lol:

Hi Mishmish,

We were looking at various brands - Turbo, Rinai, Hobz, Electrolux, Brandt and many others. Turbo is the cheapest that had a bundle deal - Hob/Hood/Oven at just $1.5K at Courts Megastore Tampines. Mr Merry doesn't like Turbo purely for aesthetics purposes - He can't stand their logo!. Haha.

The Turbo lady recommends us using glass surface hob saying very durable and she has been using for 15 years. But other brand sales persons said that stainless steel is more durable and ideal for long hours of brew. We don't like Turbo hood design. So since we can't pair it, we give it a miss.

We chose Brandt as we really like the hood design plus the high suction power is 1000m3/hr (very impt for open concept home). The noise level is also lower compared to other brands when turned on to the max. The hood is made in France, finishing quality is well made. To pair with the hood, we chose the stainless steel hod with 3 burners. I wanted a digital self cleaning oven, plus the oven has cool door function. Our oven is placed on the island, thus this feature is ideal. Mr Merry allowed me to burst the 2k budget! Very happy! :notti:

In all, both of us are very visual and having an open concept kitchen, we need equipments that looks nice, appeal to us (we need to feel good when we both cook) and of course functional. We were also being served by a very nice sales person Mickey at Harvey Norman Millennium Walk.

I hope the above helps! - mrs merry

Thank you! you've been helpful. I'm also having open concept kitchen, and the kitchen area is in a very badly ventilated area, no windows and at a corner. But we don't intend to cook much at all, so I think we may not need such a powerful hood? Looks like you and mr merry intend to do serious cooking.

Hi Mish Mish, Mr merry here.

I love cooking and ive always felt that a good stew soup cooked over a few hours compared to a fast pressure cooker is better. So the prolong hours of cooking might cause a strain on a glass surface.

And I cannot imagine if glass shatters how scary it would be... So I went for stainless steel... Mind I was so tempted by the glass surface but the old fashion cook in me won over the superficial me.

Mind me asking who will be doing the cleaning in the house? I wanted a brick wall originally but the idea of cleaning it and experience from my mum house of ants making homes within the grouting made me ultimately change my idea....

Since I'm gonna be the main cleaner in the house lol.

I love cooking and ive always felt that a good stew soup cooked over a few hours compared to a fast pressure cooker is better. So the prolong hours of cooking might cause a strain on a glass surface.

And I cannot imagine if glass shatters how scary it would be... So I went for stainless steel... Mind I was so tempted by the glass surface but the old fashion cook in me won over the superficial me.

Mind me asking who will be doing the cleaning in the house? I wanted a brick wall originally but the idea of cleaning it and experience from my mum house of ants making homes within the grouting made me ultimately change my idea....

Hi... you must've seen the brick wall coming up at my place.. haha. Hmm, we are hiring a part time helper to come in twice a week. Then my htb and I will share the work thats left to do day to day.

Lol yup love your tiles ! Lotsa beautiful textures in your house !I'm still abit skeptical on the practicality of brick wall as I'm the one cleaning it lol. Lazy cleaner here.but u have help so it's ok !

Btw can't wait to see your finished bathroom !

Lol yup love your tiles ! Lotsa beautiful textures in your house !I'm still abit skeptical on the practicality of brick wall as I'm the one cleaning it lol. Lazy cleaner here.but u have help so it's ok !

Btw can't wait to see your finished bathroom !

Haha thank you. I hope it's not too bad to maintain, will try to update here after I've lived with it for a while. But that's still a long way away.

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Another week had passed! I'm so glad that the FSM given us the 20 May date to start renovation work. That gave us an extra 3 weeks to think through and get things organised. Of course, getting some precious rest too! Having wedding and renovation all within the same month is CRAZY! So Mr Merry is now down with sore throat and cough. I met Andy at his office alone today. I spend another 3.5hours sorting out all major dimensions and utilisation for book shelf, kitchen cabinets, bathrooms and wardrobes. We were supposed to do sanitation, lightings and curtain shopping today - now it's all shelved to next Saturday till Mr Merry recovers. Cannot afford the heavy responsibility to make all decisions without Mr Merry. He's a visual perfectionist.

Things discussed today: LED Lightings

Met the LED folks today. First time I have lights being presented to me for viewing; rather than going to their showroom. Very VIP feel. Haha. They are very professional and passionate about the LED lights and their products. The finishing is really nice. Most importantly it's MATT finished. Mr Merry's favourite. The brand name is AEON. Their website is www.hiiga.com.sg.

They explained to me the types of LED lights under one design category, the wattage and its lifespan. The maintenance and warranty issues were discussed too. Maybe I'm suaku, kept asking about changing of bulbs - apparently you have to get an electrician in to change the bulbs once it had fused. Not like the conventional type - plug out and change thy tube bulb. They said the bulb can last 48Khrs - like maybe 3-5 years depending on your usage capacity. It comes with 2 years warranty. It has a 3K colour temperature. Very cosy.

led2.jpg

Really like this set. It comes with REMOTE CONTROL!!! Thou, seriously who needs remote control for lights. Bulbs from USA, the casement from China, the driver from Taiwan. It has a soft glow ring when it dims down. Very classy and "designerish". But my iPhone is not doing its justice. Too bad Mr Merry not around to see it's glory. I sent him the pic - He texted back - "I don't like exposed lights." The lights can be tilted too! - I really like the idea - So we don't have to build a spotlight for our family picture wall.

led.jpg

They also have the common ones. I asked how superior compared to the others in the market - it fight on cosmetic finishing and the driver that they used.

led3.jpg

We will probably used an assortment of lights above for different sections. Now is Mr Merry's decision on his light selection. We had already burst our budget.

Edited by mrmerry

Hi!

It's the mrs here!

Can I just say that you're exactly like my hubby?! (Difference is I'm the one cleaning...)

Think you 2 can be BFFs and maybe set up a task force to look for ant nests around our houses!

Case in point -

My hubby asked mr k re the wooden door frame today. His concern was that it will attract ants. Of course mr k gave him a weird/ incredulous look (i was chuckling in a corner...)

Anyway take care and recover soon!