Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

hahaha actually is cause i can sit down to shower and just enjoy the hot shower. Can imagine? one word, SHIOK .

Also practically can just put our shower stuff there also and reduce the need for those corner shelving units which i really don't like.

Plus NEXT TIME GOT CHILDREN CAN LET THEM SIT THERE AND SHOWER :D A lot of excuses for a lazy man lol.

I like your bench I idea. i am also going for it. I agree with all your reasons.. :):D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So happy with the flooring!

1.jpg2.jpg

Its not as dark as it seems la.. will post clearer pictures after viewing on sat! But here is the sneak preview!

3.jpg

Living room!

4.jpg

The Mr here.

Actually besides updates on the actual renovation, let me update some thoughts on the renovation so one can get a better understanding of our house.

It s clear in the beginning I dint want anything that could be a trend or something I could grow tired of as I know I tend to grow bored of things easily and also the fear of unknowingly doing something that's a trend or fad that I will see everywhere as soon as it gets fashionable enough really doesn't appeal to me. The glossy modern sophisticated was also a big nono for me.

A real world example was one day when I went into a revamped kopi diam n I saw all that's been trending in recent rt there. Brick walls, wood grain tiles pop art, vintage chairs n imitation designer chairs. U name it they had it.

I was at one point wondering did they buy their chairs from lushlush.

Though to be fair their finishing can never be as good as the ones I seen on all of beautiful homes on RT whose ideas n designs originated from, thus creating this trend.

But still it would have had left a bad taste in my mind had I went with it, luckily I had mrs merry to keep me on track too.

Thus we embark on finding the design we want. One particular thread that influenced us deeply was Palomas. We wanted to get Mr K to do our home after seeing her beautiful house n the quality of the workmanship. I even made a call to him to meet up! But it was too early n we were put on hold first.

Along the way, I've been always surfing sites like apartment therapy n such, being a fan of beautiful white homes. But the feeling has often eluded me due to the angmoness and not localized mix.

After a while we went searching for more id being encouraged by the ppl here who searched for more than 5-10 ids! We saw, we walked, we were interested, we were disappointed.

The came friends' recommendations, first one was actually Andy. The one we choose to go with in the end. I was first impressed with his name card. Remind me to show u if one day u and I meet up.

And others which I shan't go into details since it's been talked about in earlier post.

I've learnt more and more assured I know I wanted a bright home. Full of natural sunlight and white walls. All natural materials if possible but with a touch of old angmo house feel mixed with Scandinavian touch plus our funky merry sense choices. Glass pot with freshly cut flowers,on a wooden table with a merry sense tabletop cloth. U get the drill.

The house has to be so me n mrs merry and only that will do.

It was a struggle or rather a discipline we had to maintain we don't lose track of what we want with all the available choices out there now. Even now I see my updates its so plain compared to others who have fantastic feature walls n such.

But it's following my not so secret master plan of building a clean base so we have the options to add layers of characters onto it later on. Life never stops,and so change is the only constant we can expect.

My strategy for building a future update-able house is set!

Ok grouching over, I'm just waiting for updates till my neck is long!

Edited by mrmerry

The Mr here.

Actually besides updates on the actual renovation, let me update some thoughts on the renovation so one can get a better understanding of our house.

It s clear in the beginning I dint want anything that could be a trend or something I could grow tired of as I know I tend to grow bored of things easily and also the fear of unknowingly doing something that's a trend or fad that I will see everywhere as soon as it gets fashionable enough really doesn't appeal to me. The glossy modern sophisticated was also a big nono for me.

A real world example was one day when I went into a revamped kopi diam n I saw all that's been trending in recent rt there. Brick walls, wood grain tiles pop art, vintage chairs n imitation designer chairs. U name it they had it.

I was at one point wondering did they buy their chairs from lushlush.

Though to be fair their finishing can never be as good as the ones I seen on all of beautiful homes on RT whose ideas n designs originated from, thus creating this trend.

But still it would have had left a bad taste in my mind had I went with it, luckily I had mrs merry to keep me on track too.

Thus we embark on finding the design we want. One particular thread that influenced us deeply was Palomas. We wanted to get Mr K to do our home after seeing her beautiful house n the quality of the workmanship. I even made a call to him to meet up! But it was too early n we were put on hold first.

Along the way, I've been always surfing sites like apartment therapy n such, being a fan of beautiful white homes. But the feeling has often eluded me due to the angmoness and not localized mix.

After a while we went searching for more id being encouraged by the ppl here who searched for more than 5-10 ids! We saw, we walked, we were interested, we were disappointed.

The came friends' recommendations, first one was actually Andy. The one we choose to go with in the end. I was first impressed with his name card. Remind me to show u if one day u and I meet up.

And others which I shan't go into details since it's been talked about in earlier post.

I've learnt more and more assured I know I wanted a bright home. Full of natural sunlight and white walls. All natural materials if possible but with a touch of old angmo house feel mixed with Scandinavian touch plus our funky merry sense choices. Glass pot with freshly cut flowers,on a wooden table with a merry sense tabletop cloth. U get the drill.

It was a struggle or rather a discipline we had to maintain we don't lose track of what we want with all the available choices out there now. Even now I see my updates its so plain compared to others who have fantastic feature walls n such.

But it's following my not so secret master plan of building a clean base so we have the options to add layers of characters onto it later on. Life never stops,and so change is the only constant we can expect.

My strategy for building a future update-able house is set!

Ok grouching over, I'm just waiting for updates till my neck is long!

I agree with you. A clean base is best to work on. Too much and it will be an overkill.

Btw do upload his name card. I am curious to see the design

Hello mrmerry,

Wah, you just spoke my mind too. Just today, I finally decided to do away with the TV feature wall (tough decision, no more pretty craftstones for me.. sigh) Instead, we'll fill it up with decor of our own.

Hopeeeee we're on the right track!

Jiayou! :dancingqueen:

Btw, your flooring looks really rustic, and your home looks bright too from the photos. LOVE natural sunlight :) :)

A quick update before we disappear a while to prepare for the wedding happening in 13 days! Counting down!

941476_10200803452342525_126390694_n.jpg10104_10200803438902189_1559008597_n.jpg

PD door up.

923237_10200803443182296_1110620619_n.jp

Difference in the 2 textures.

431940_10200803445862363_407354196_n.jpg

A more accurate picture depicting the floor textures!

updates by mrs merry:

On Sat, we saw the electricians plugging in our lights. He was telling us that Andy's design and work quality is superb and be rest assured on the final product. He said he worked on many projects of Andy's and the best among all the different IDs companies he worked with. That's really assuring.

We saw minor defects and Mr Merry sharp eyes saw most of them. And he diligently listed them in number sequence. Very not him. :lol:

Can't wait for the carpentry to be up next week! We have sorted our move-in date with our FSM. We also settled with The Helping Hands as our house movers. We are pending to get TV console, coffee table and side tables.

Guess what. The Carpentry are up! ( sorta ) lol.

601931_10200814677263141_2046142439_n.jp

Ill let the pictures do the talking. Mrs Merry n I were originally gonna go up to do a thorough check for defects but when we went in..we were kinda stunted at the change the carpentry has made to the landscape. :notti:

941560_10200814679223190_1417368471_n.jp

The iQuartz top is not up yet so its abit bare..but the laminates are up! including one oven!

1001835_10200814678063161_2045990202_n.j

Picture doesnt do my bookshelf justice. The thickness of the wood is much thicker than most i have seen. Sibey song and deeply satisfying to see how solidly built this is! But realised a small booboo. Its too tall for our collection of comic books! prolly need to ask andy to segment one of the rows just for our beloved slam dunk, dragon ball... etc etc etc.. The small cube at the bottom right looks like its too small to fit in our dry cabinet,, have to check...

We left the house very merry ppl. hahah

Very nice carpentry !

You going for open concept kitchen ? Thought you're into Asian cooking ? You ok with the oil stains /smell after cooking ?