Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Ok.. this is how the house looks like in the day. => cant wait to move in!

942016_10200825070362962_705531097_n.jpg

My Angmo chu with singapore flavour comin to me july! The cupboard laminates are up, though missing the white stone top. Mrs Merry assures me the Aspen top is not too dirty.. but pictures are not doing it justice. PRAY.

430041_10200825070882975_1601453123_n.jp

Cupboard lids all up! notice no handles? :notti: Clean lines.

5765_10200825455692595_677833007_n.jpg6578_10200825071242984_1691341461_n.jpg

This is pending the marble top for the sinks! ok.. need to sit there and enjoy my hot shower..asap.

The daylight version is much more closer to what i had in mind for the house. Though i would say the night time version makes me happy too.

The strain of doing the house renovations and wedding together are finally starting to show up.. but i wouldn't change anything in the house. =)

im so in love with my q house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:

[*]Outdoor blinds. Andy asked us to go select our outdoor blinds. It's gonna costs us $450 per set. Let's hope this $$$ can save the yard from being flooded whenever a "typhoon" hits us. I'm just thinking how to survive through year end monsoon season..

Please share your experience after that. Cos I'm thinking of using outdoor blinds for my service yard too, instead of fixing windows.

Thanks in advance.

Very nice carpentry !

You going for open concept kitchen ? Thought you're into Asian cooking ? You ok with the oil stains /smell after cooking ?

open concept! and yes.. it will be ok.. buy a fan n blow it out.. lol. We do have a hood la.. hopping with these 2 plans..it will be ok!

Hey Hey,

Are you guys J&D?

Everything is looking good, especially the kitchen! I just happened to look into the blog details and also your earlier posts and realised it you guys!

Edited by parasaint

And so its been a while!!!!After the amazing day...

lastdayWEB.jpg

Finally time to focus on the house with some updates!

First all... the outdoor binds are up!

IMAG0923_1.jpg

IMAG0922_1.jpgIMAG0935_1.jpg

Loving the wind and flexibility the binds are giving us. Been using them so far and no issues, and seem to be easy to pull and holding well against the wind.

Well.. too bad for the hangers outside which i tot would be able to hold my teeshirt that i left to dry without any clippers.. it flew off.. Sorry whoever it landed on..

@macuser77

IT FEELS AWESOME. Sitting there on the cleaned ledge.. the hot shower hitting down like a rain shower just purely relaxes the body. ( because im sitting down and the shower head is raised quite high so it actually gives the feeling of rain shower with the flexibility of the shower handle! ) Problem is it takes a while to heat up the water.

IMAG0920_1.jpg

and how the storage heater looks like in the common toilet. ( actually i would have to look up to see it so its not as bad as i thought it would be. )

IMAG0927.jpg

In the meanwhile , we were cleaning up the house mopping n sweeping a few times to await the furnitures to come today. See all the cleaning stuff we got for the new house. Its expensive stocking up a new house from scratch!

IMAG0915_1.jpg

The furniture shop did a booboo and scheduled the deliveries tomorrow instead of today when we took leave to settle everything today! :curse: Mrs merry was already grouchy from cleaning the house and she was scolding the furniture company who promised us tomorrow so.. have to take leave tomorrow again. :angry2:

10.jpg

Edited by mrmerry

Luckily theres still a few deliveries made today.

IMAG0929.jpg

My 55 inch sony tv looks puny on the wall.. :(:(:( Will aim a 65 OLED inch next time when prices are more reasonable. :notti:

Now the search for the elusive tv console to hold them all continues on!

IMAG0932_1.jpgIMAG0924_1.jpg

The big *** fridge is here! FINALLY CAN HAVE CHILLED DRINKS WOHOOO. Washer and dryer also here, but because the tap given by the hdb is not suitable and dont "hook up " well, so have to wait for plumber tomorrow again to change the head. (-_- SIAN) before stacking the dryer on top.

Ok the serta willow spring mattress is also here as well, however the bed frame is still not :curse: . My table, chairs and sofa also.

More touch ups from the painters on the dirty walls, carpenters to seal up some holes we found between the carpentry and flooring. Gotta say it looks much better now. Skirting corners were sand down also so its not so sharp. The guys from the PD door also came to reapply white silicon over the translucent ones which has turn yellowish. Yucks. More acid wash/sanding of texture tiles on missed spots of putty or paint.

Overall, my ID is amazingly on the ball and quite a perfectionist himself while scrutinising every detail looking for stuff we might have missed too.

One thing we dint expect was the not so solid feeling tt the vinyl flooring has given us, though we have grown to love it as its much more " springy " and feels better on the heels for me actually as beneath the clipping system are foam and because of that, you can feel some spots are deeper than some, though its not tt big an issue to me as its much more comfortable to walk on and much

Given a choice again i might go for the more solid feel tiles but i think its more of being used to it for 30 plus years. im already starting to grow to love the floor as its not cold and hard when the air con is on and its kinder on my feet. lol

Edited by mrmerry

Congrats Mr & Mrs Merry!

heh thanks makan. it feels good to be working on the new home right after the wedding with a sense of building our future together.

Hi MrMerry,

Is that marble for kitchen countertop and back splash? It is looking fabulous! :jawdrop: Mind letting me know how much it cost for the countertops. :deal:

Thanks.

Hi MrMerry,

Is that marble for kitchen countertop and back splash? It is looking fabulous! :jawdrop: Mind letting me know how much it cost for the countertops. :deal:

Thanks.

Hello wtg54, its actually quartz :thumbs up: i did it for both sides though on hindside i really dint need it for the sink side. but it looks too cool :D

Really dint like crystal glass.

IMAG0920_1.jpg

Did marble for the vanity in the bathrooms though, at the sides also to protect against any water splashes but luckily dint cause we dint like the feel of the marble.

Hope it helps! BTW i dunno the cost .. Mrs merry might have but i doubt so as the amendments keep going on i think the quote for the worktop is lost somewhere... lol

very nice. congrats on the milestone mr and mrs merry!

Thanks greglhc hehe we have been spending time in the new house together..