Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

And so the day continues! Finally its all up!... ok ALMOST.

Welcoming the 3rd miele member to my family!

IMAG0939_1.jpg

Got her at a sale for 499 at HN with free box of filters worth 100 bucks so..ok la no S8, this is good enough also! :D

The table is here!

IMAG0943_1.jpg

Loving its natural textures!

IMAG0948_1.jpg

But turns out its abit wobbly.. so calling them to come fix it on moving in day nxt week.

IMAG0958_1.jpg

Love love love!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

And my precious chair!

IMAG0959_1.jpg

Dint realised its by a up and coming designer when i got it , very comfortable! Apparently won some awards also!

IMAG0946.jpg

The sofa! fairly simple la but clean lines and comfortable thats what i want from my sofa.

IMAG0951.jpg

The view from the sofa. Think im missing some greens in the house.

IMAG0945_1.jpg

and my silly over thick mattress on the my beautiful bed frame D: hahahah we had a good laugh when we fitted the mattress on the frame.

O well..

Edited by mrmerry

Thanks MrMerry for that. The quartz for your kitchen is looking mighty good too. Looking like it could pass off as marble. I will consider that.

BTW, toilet looks like it could pass off as a hotel one. Nice feel. :good:

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Mrs Merry is exhausted to the point that she dozes off at the sofa (last to be delivered at 4pm yesterday) till 7pm last night. Thank goodness, the house reno is almost coming to an end. And the wedding off the check list.

The tiler was here to fix the crooked mosaic tiles at our laundry sink area. It's now 3 white slabs of white homogeneous tiles. The quartz folks made a booboo by given me an uneven pattern cut at our island top. Asked them to remove and replaced a new one. The carpentry team was also brilliant in the magical fingers - touching up all the carpentry work that it looked flawless under our naked eyes. Andy, our contractor had many rounds to our house to check on the progress and defects in the house. Didn't expect Andy to be more eagled-eye than us. He usually fixed things up within a week before our weekly house visits. Very grateful for his good services. Money well spent with him! Minimal worries with him managing this renovation for us. Strongly recommend his services.

Quartz and Marble

We used quartz - Aspen Hanstone for our kitchen top and backslash; Marble for our bathroom vanity tops. Mr Merry commented that the sink area is redundant in his earlier posts. In my view, I think is absolute necessary. Lucky, I handle the details with Andy. So I got my way. Haha.

Initially, we were quite worried using Aspen quartz as the sample piece we saw were dirty; unlike the marble sample we saw. Mr Merry almost change to another pattern. I managed to convince him or rather insisted it and affirmed him that it will look great. LOL In the end, the Aspen turn up to be so brilliantly chio and the marble top at the bathroom was a slight let-down. The marble turn out to be in a cool colour scheme while the Aspen turns out to be warm colour scheme. Aspen works very well with our selected laminates.

Bathrooms

Yes, true to its uniqueness; Mr Merry enjoys his hot showers under the Hansgrohe shower system. He swears that he feels like a rain shower as he sat at his favourite ledge. His only complain is the water pressure being too weak - which Andy suspect that the Hansgrohe system has an inbuilt a piece of rubber to reduce water flow as means to reduce water supply. That's Singapore policy in being a nation that need to save precious waters! The MDM toilet bowls also quite sturdy and broad for our likings! The flush again seems to be in some saving water mode - 2 flushes for 1 big business done. Shall monitor the progress. Our Hansgrohe bidet spray pattern is sparse and gentle. Unlike those I saw at some friends' house - which is strong water jets sprays good for washing toilet floors. Hmmm.. I wonder which is better. Thou constantly I worry about my wooden vanity cupboards in this humid space.

Updates by Mrs Merry:

HERF

The flooring looks awesome. So awesome that Mr Merry - a broom and dustpan guy had to abandon his kachang for a new toy called vacuum cleaner! Haha. Those choosing dark flooring should be warned that dirt/dust are hardly visible. You have to be very systematic in vaccuming and mopping the floor area. As for the feel when you step on the HERF, I will stay say old school tiles is the best choice. HERF seems to have a floating/airy feeling as you walk over them; thou that feel decreases as you accustomed to it. At some parts, it actually sinks down when the floor levelling is not done properly. In general, we are fine with it as it's selected few spots. I like the fact that the floor remain unchilled despite the blasting air-con being turn-on for an 3 hrs.

Verdict of retailers

Best Denki - Their 30-45mins estimated arrival timing becomes 1hr 30mins.

SONY - Their TV installer service is the best! Called me in the morning and ask me to call him when our TV arrived. Called him and he arrive within 10mins and he settle installation in less than 30mins single-handedly with a 55" TV.

Originals - Blasted them. They screwed up on the delivery date and made us wait in vain for a day! RAR! The next day, came promptly - but don't know why they have to bring a child about 8-9 years old to help me deliver our items and do installation summore.

Miele - Excellent service. Our tap was not the correct type to be hooked up with the Miele washer. I called yesterday if they could help me to stack up the dryer after our tap had been changed. They instantly arranged a next day installation with no questions asked and no charges. :D

Fisher & Payer - The delivery man was also prompt and installed the fridge properly. Explained to me about customer service contact and my warranty entitlements. Very professional and funny too.

Brandt - Haven't tried the cooker and hod as yet. The gas turn-on installation was yesterday - and we saw the beautiful blue flames. Nice! Cant' wait to try out my oven too!

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Outdoor Blinds/Blinds/Curtains

Saw some PM coming in, decided to list the contact in our email signature. Our blinds and curtains are being made by them, Some fellow neighbours had commented that it's a bit pricey for the price we had paid. We decided to assume it's good quality and shall look ahead without cringing on the extra moonies we paid for it.

We just hope it will lasts us. So far the quality seems decent and durable. You may call to enquire about the price as the price differs with the choice of rollers, type of fabric and the length required to do it. Hope it helps ! :lol:

Thanks MrMerry for that. The quartz for your kitchen is looking mighty good too. Looking like it could pass off as marble. I will consider that.

BTW, toilet looks like it could pass off as a hotel one. Nice feel. :good:

Thanks wtg54! Mr Merry will be so siong to hear that you like his unique bathroom! :good: - Mrs Merry

Congrats :) your new place is so cosy. I love your shower area, it's so unique, enjoy your lovely nest :D

Thanks Easter! - Mrs Merry

U did a fantastic job Mr & Mrs Merry! Enjoy ur new home!

Thanks ProjectH, Almost to the end and start of a new journey! :notti: - Mrs Merry

Edited by mrmerry

Dear all.. just to share becareful not to get the imitation happy call since we are all buying new stuff.

http://fakehappycall.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/hello-world/

i suspect the gmarket ones ( since its basically vendors getting the cheapest supplies and reselling them hence the low prices )and some online sources are retailing the fake ones. the blog does teaches u how to identify the fake n real ones.

Another thing to take note is also this..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/25/AR2006012502041.html

There goes my colorful happycall alumite set dream : ( Younger brother in france was telling me how tefon is banned in parts of Europe and how its harmful to the body, so no non-stick cooking wares for me. Health is of the essence! Mum was also influenced by the brother and also advised us not to get anything non-stick.

Im not sure exactly what technology is behind Happy call, research brought me to know aluminate, ceramic coating, diamond coating n such.. and i actually saw one of the sale guy using his key to try to scratch out a line on the aluminte series and it wow, yes dint leave anything... but still...

I think my kitchen will be stainless steel wmf, stainless steel happy call ( for the overflow lid design ), and YES A OLD SCHOOL CHINESE WOK! ( pending Mrs Merry's approval of course..)

Edited by mrmerry

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Ugh, the quartz supplier tried to snook me - by not polishing the joint lines. Lucky Andy's single call settled it. Heng!

It's coming together very nicely ! The tops look great..wonder if its possible to change to quartz someday =p

can one la. I just had the island top cut and replaced ! But I thought yours was a nice pure white that u loved ?

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Mrs Merry is exhausted to the point that she dozes off at the sofa (last to be delivered at 4pm yesterday) till 7pm last night. Thank goodness, the house reno is almost coming to an end. And the wedding off the check list.

The tiler was here to fix the crooked mosaic tiles at our laundry sink area. It's now 3 white slabs of white homogeneous tiles. The quartz folks made a booboo by given me an uneven pattern cut at our island top. Asked them to remove and replaced a new one. The carpentry team was also brilliant in the magical fingers - touching up all the carpentry work that it looked flawless under our naked eyes. Andy, our contractor had many rounds to our house to check on the progress and defects in the house. Didn't expect Andy to be more eagled-eye than us. He usually fixed things up within a week before our weekly house visits. Very grateful for his good services. Money well spent with him! Minimal worries with him managing this renovation for us. Strongly recommend his services.

Quartz and Marble

We used quartz - Aspen Hanstone for our kitchen top and backslash; Marble for our bathroom vanity tops. Mr Merry commented that the sink area is redundant in his earlier posts. In my view, I think is absolute necessary. Lucky, I handle the details with Andy. So I got my way. Haha.

Initially, we were quite worried using Aspen quartz as the sample piece we saw were dirty; unlike the marble sample we saw. Mr Merry almost change to another pattern. I managed to convince him or rather insisted it and affirmed him that it will look great. LOL In the end, the Aspen turn up to be so brilliantly chio and the marble top at the bathroom was a slight let-down. The marble turn out to be in a cool colour scheme while the Aspen turns out to be warm colour scheme. Aspen works very well with our selected laminates.

Bathrooms

Yes, true to its uniqueness; Mr Merry enjoys his hot showers under the Hansgrohe shower system. He swears that he feels like a rain shower as he sat at his favourite ledge. His only complain is the water pressure being too weak - which Andy suspect that the Hansgrohe system has an inbuilt a piece of rubber to reduce water flow as means to reduce water supply. That's Singapore policy in being a nation that need to save precious waters! The MDM toilet bowls also quite sturdy and broad for our likings! The flush again seems to be in some saving water mode - 2 flushes for 1 big business done. Shall monitor the progress. Our Hansgrohe bidet spray pattern is sparse and gentle. Unlike those I saw at some friends' house - which is strong water jets sprays good for washing toilet floors. Hmmm.. I wonder which is better. Thou constantly I worry about my wooden vanity cupboards in this humid space.

Hi!

Thought u guys got toto toilet bowls? Anyway you're right about the limit on the flush set in our toilet bowls. If I remember it's 4.5 litres for full flush and 3 litres for half flush. Have heard some plumbers can remove this limit thing...but then again its illegal la.

As for water pressure in showers, the water pressure for HDB flats are not as strong.

Edited by macuser77