Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

updates by mrs merry

Reno regrets or rather considerations for reno newbies:

1) the intense swarm of renovation sounds going around the neighbourhood is driving Mr Merry mad. So, never be amongst the first few to cheong finish renovation as you will be "enjoying" the symphony of renovation like we do.

2) The sink tap design. This looks beautiful but your dripping wet hands will soon cause a puddle accumulating around the tap. Consider something that the tap sits within the sink and where puddles will not accumulate on the table top.

1276940_10201401441251874_567670163_o.jp

3) Vanity table

Something that we had not foresee. We chose a wide sink where you could wash your face happily without splashing much water on the sides. We grew up with a tiny basin and dreaded it. However we totally missed this part where the drainage hole happened to right above the vanity table.

So cleaning toilette is an issue now. We cannot reach the below to wash it throughly and at the same time worry that the wood will rot with the amount of water splashing around as we tried to wash the area. Suggest to not to build the cabinet so low.

1240582_10201401440691860_747253181_n.jp

Overall, we are quite pleased with all the reno works and purchases. We shall wait for Time to tell if all these purchases and reno works will fall apart sooner than expected. :D

Edited by mrmerry

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi mrsmerry,

The vanity area from our first reno lasted us a good 7-8 yrs(& it was still ok before hacking), considering it was from a crappy ID firm. So I think yours shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway we highlighted this issue to mr k and his carpenter when the vanity top was done up(though not as low), and they said the laminates are splash proof. As long as they're not soaked in water (which I think no one in the right mind would ), it''s ok.

So don't worry too much.

Edited by macuser77

Hi mrsmerry,

The vanity area from our first reno lasted us a good 7-8 yrs(& it was still ok before hacking), considering it was from a crappy ID firm. So I think yours shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway we highlighted this issue to mr k and his carpenter when the vanity top was done up(though not as low), and they said the laminates are splash proof. As long as they're not soaked in water (which I think no one in the right mind would ), it''s ok.

So don't worry too much.

hello macuser77!

Thanks for setting my worries in the right place! Haha.

I hope everything is going well for your new place! :D

mrs merry

Hihi,

mrmerry, same as sleepbeauty, i'm also keen to know the price of LED downlights..

just started doing some research on lightings for the house...

thanks in advance =)

hello mrmerry, do u mind sharing with me the price of ur LED downlights if possible? just wanna do a comparision of the costs by the same supplier... thanks alot!

Hihi,

mrmerry, same as sleepbeauty, i'm also keen to know the price of LED downlights..

just started doing some research on lightings for the house...

thanks in advance =)

updates by mrs merry:

Sorry for the late reply! the prices are negotiated by our ID. So I think it's not nice to reveal the actual pricing. In total, we spend about $3.5k on lights for the whole house.

The guys from HiiGa were here again. So peiseh, made them come to our place for numerous times. We didn't like the original light switch design; so had an alternative switch BUT that sets the lights to flicker when in low light frequency. Ugh!!!! Thus today, the friendly guys came to change our 2 x 4 gang lights switch to the compatible version. This is is what we call service! :D

Our house pictures are now featured in their Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HiiGaPteLtd. I look at the pictures want to laugh! Cos our house is still so bare without accessories or any plants. :lol:

Edited by mrmerry

thanks mrsmerry... the quote that i have gotten is pretty high (more exy than yours) but i guess what sets them apart is the quality (i hope!) just feeling the pinch from the expensive LED lights!

Mr Merry here.

Alamak of course la.. ur house so much bigger! but the quality of the led lights is so much more different than the average led u see in everyone's home. how many lighting points do u have?

Hello there, the Merries.

Looks like the whole house lightings are LEDs, saving the trouble of sourcing different lightings!

Mind showing more photos or the various lightings? Especially during night time?

updates by mrs merry:

It's 2 months in the new house! Mr Merry snapped the first photo showing his mopping evidence; whilst on his Teacher's Day off day last Friday.

Our house remain bare. The speed of how dust accumulated is like a child sucking lolly. Fast and messy.

1233350_10151650562717151_318541120_n.jp

Mr Merry,

How often do you have to clear the dust off the massive open bookshelves ? :)

Mr Merry,

How often do you have to clear the dust off the massive open bookshelves ? :)

updates from mrs merry:

I dust it with the magic duster every 2 weeks. It's really not so bad. :D

Very lovely with all the plants and little touches here and there!

Thanks Makanology! I'm so tempted with accessorizing; but Mr Merry said don't do it for the sake of doing it. It got to be things that inspires us and not another pretty collection of things.

Hello there, the Merries.

Looks like the whole house lightings are LEDs, saving the trouble of sourcing different lightings!

Mind showing more photos or the various lightings? Especially during night time?

Will take some pics tonight for u!

Yes, indeed it save us from sourcing different lightings. Thou its more of Mr Merry strong preference for nothing jutting from the ceiling (lights and wires). So it's all false ceiling for the entire house.