Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hahahahahahahaha

i burst out laughing when i saw your last comment.

I actually work for the FMCG company that produces Mama Lemon and will be sure to feedback the customer response to our marketing & product team. :good:

I second that! Mama Lemon is not as powerful as before!

Yes, because it's more diluted. Need to pump more than before. Would rather use supermarket house brands.

haha Zihui,

think the marketing people will "siam" you when they see you walking towards them lol

Its not just Mama Lemon, I know of a number of household products and food items "shrink" after the operating cost keeps going up. My sister runs a chain of shops selling mostly goods she imports directly from china, and a few of her shops sell household products and food items she sourced locally as well. Over the past 3-4 years I have seen prices of daily essentials heading north, and if the price maintain, the quantify or quality suffers.

Zihui if you were wondering why the restaurants charge such exorbitant price for the dirt cheap mussels, it boils down to cost. Rental is a big killer for most businesses, and labour cost.The rental for a shop unit at Holland Village is easily a 5 digit sum a month, the waitress may be paid $1200 a month for putting in 12 hours x 6 days week (often more...) but the foreign workers levy will add another $500-700 to the cost each month.

Edited by sarah833

Mr Merry here.

Alamak of course la.. ur house so much bigger! but the quality of the led lights is so much more different than the average led u see in everyone's home. how many lighting points do u have?

hello mr merry,

i using 27 single recessed downlights, 8 single recessed dimmable downlights and 3 double recessed downlights!

i have ZERO cove lightings in my apartment.. is that normal ? lol

btw, i don't think my house is much bigger seriously...built-in is less than 1200 sq ft

oh yes.. love the stag you bought! I'm trying to find wall-mount antlers and do let me know if you come across it

Edited by sleepybeauty

hello mr merry,

i using 27 single recessed downlights, 8 single recessed dimmable downlights and 3 double recessed downlights!

i have ZERO cove lightings in my apartment.. is that normal ? lol

btw, i don't think my house is much bigger seriously...built-in is less than 1200 sq ft

oh yes.. love the stag you bought! I'm trying to find wall-mount antlers and do let me know if you come across it

hello sleepy!

We have 13single downlights and 8 dimmable downlights. So much lesser than yours.

And yes, Mr Merry is strong against of cove lightings. Since you had asked us, we will say yes IT IS NORMAL!! lol

very nice :good:

love the stag. early christmas feel. :thumbs up:

Thank you!!

It was a gift from a friend who just came back from New Zealand. It was actually our housewarming gift. And Mr Merry simply loves it and fits the main door so well.

nice house..it must have costed a bomb.. :notti:

http://Fun4Days.com/sms/sms.php?share=34000

I guess we all have different budgets and expectations. It took us couple of years to save enough to transform a space to a home we always dream of. And so far, we're loving it every moment. N

haha Zihui,

think the marketing people will "siam" you when they see you walking towards them lol

Its not just Mama Lemon, I know of a number of household products and food items "shrink" after the operating cost keeps going up. My sister runs a chain of shops selling mostly goods she imports directly from china, and a few of her shops sell household products and food items she sourced locally as well. Over the past 3-4 years I have seen prices of daily essentials heading north, and if the price maintain, the quantify or quality suffers.

Zihui if you were wondering why the restaurants charge such exorbitant price for the dirt cheap mussels, it boils down to cost. Rental is a big killer for most businesses, and labour cost.The rental for a shop unit at Holland Village is easily a 5 digit sum a month, the waitress may be paid $1200 a month for putting in 12 hours x 6 days week (often more...) but the foreign workers levy will add another $500-700 to the cost each month.

On rental costs - SO AGREE!! Since I work with a retailer. Most costs are driven by wages and crazy rental prices demanded by landlords.

Hi Mr Merry.

Is the stag permanently placed outside ? Not afraid it might get stolen ?

Yes, permanently location. I don't think anyone will steal our toy that fronts the house. It will bites any stray hands touching it. LOL

Men are just so ... practical? Lol

Yes indeed.. Hahaha

Cloth better leh. Duster not 100% clean. And dust might drop on the floor.

Eh..not really if you used the static duster. So far it had worked wonders for me.

updates by mrs merry:

Here are some pics with all the lights switched on. Thou i think pictures are not doing it justice. :D

Sorry for the delay ! Our house is still relative bare; and surprisingly you dont need that much to live. MOST IMPORTANTLY - it's so easy to clean and quite child safe. Tested with a 2nd old boy running around the house during house warming. YAY!

1235519_302122299929852_1503406572_n.jpg

1239910_302122293263186_411132695_n.jpg

Edited by mrmerry

updates by mrs merry:

Lucky Merries! We gotten a plot of land to do gardening! :D This community garden is just below our block.

This afternoon Mr Merry is busy tilting the soil getting all ready for some green adventure. And I concluded. He is not a fan of greenie. Haha

Let's hope our lady's finger seedlings prospers! And same with our ginger.

We also placed today's food waste into the soil to act as compost! And watered it down with our rice water.

garden+plot.jpg

There are days where you can dim the lights and enjoy the cosy evening with a good read on the sofa.

legs.jpg

My new experiment. I wanted to go for a more natural and healthy lifestyle. Decided to order soapnuts online.

Wala! It really works ! Best thing, the soap nuts after 3 loads -> can be used as compost for my plants!

No more chemicals! All natural!

soapnuts.jpg

I switched to using these eco friendly products since 3-4 months ago:

10099776296_1326432a80.jpg

20131005_214259 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

I use the green multipurpose cleaner for the floor and the yellow one for the bathroom. The 500ml bottle cost twice as much as a 3000-4000ml commercial cleaner but its highly concentrated, a small cap full is sufficient for each round of cleaning.

Edited by sarah833

I switched to using these eco friendly products since 3-4 months ago:

10099776296_1326432a80.jpg

20131005_214259 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

I use the green multipurpose cleaner for the floor and the yellow one for the bathroom. The 500ml bottle cost twice as much as a 3000-4000ml commercial cleaner but its highly concentrated, a small cap full is sufficient for each round of cleaning.

oh Sarah, where did you get it from?

Do you use natural shampoo and shower wash too?

- mrs merry

Hi Mrs Merry

I bought the Ecosense products through a friend who is a cleaning freak. She said the floor feels cleaner after mopping and the bathroom cleaner packed in as many as 20 lemons in the 500ml bottle. Just did a google and see that this is the company that markets them in Singapore:

http://sg.melaleuca.com/

I bought a lot of eco bar soap from the organic restaurant in the middle of the paddyfield in Ubud during my visits past 2+ years, love them! Switched to a Turkish brand tea series shower wash with essential oil after my supply of bar soap ran out. Been using Bodyshop's Rainforest Moisture shampoo for the past few years.

10127692166_99df814542.jpg
IMG-20131007-WA0000 by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

Edited by sarah833

HI All!

Long time no reply! lol

Yes im strongly against cove lighting as i cannot imagine the amount of dust n dirt tt will . yes, make no mistakes, dust WILL settle and dirt will accumulate. PLus , its very hard to clean i imagine.

Loving my stag, now i just need a wolf and dragon to make it the games of throne house. Haha

And yes i dont have green fingers but im trying!

Personally i think the costing of renovation value is directly linked to the amount of happiness u feel after u settle down and just start maintaining the house and enjoying it. So i think its money well spent. =D -_- i did find the scrubbing of the beige white floor tiles abit irritating..

updates by mrs merry:

Here are some pics with all the lights switched on. Thou i think pictures are not doing it justice. :D

Sorry for the delay ! Our house is still relative bare; and surprisingly you dont need that much to live. MOST IMPORTANTLY - it's so easy to clean and quite child safe. Tested with a 2nd old boy running around the house during house warming. YAY!

1235519_302122299929852_1503406572_n.jpg

1239910_302122293263186_411132695_n.jpg

strong cottage feel..... thx 4 sharing.

see our reno blog

Hi Parasaint,

It's vinyl flooring that has 4mm thickness with zip and lock system. Hope it helps! - mrs merry!

hi Mrs Merry, where did you get the vinyl flooring from?

thanks, Lynn