Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

No No To Bosch

Just to share my experience with Bosch (although its not a washer)

Bought a Bosch Oven and a Bosch Microwave from HN. Items arrived as per scheduled, and was later installed. During the unpacking of the products, noticed that the microwave front cover was badly scratched. Since the delivery guys had already left (they dun do installs), i called Bosch customer service to tell them of the issue.

The CS issued a case ref number, after 3 days, sent a technician over to see the microwave. Told him of what happened, initially tried to say this could have been done during install (blah blah), but anyway, said will issue me a replacement after i insisted that this was what i got when i received it. Took them another 3 days to arrange a delivery date, and after 2 days (the replacement date), they sent a wrong item (sent the oven instead). Noted the issue, and told me will get back to me soon, but after 2 days of silence, i decided to call their CS to ask what happen. The CS told me to continue waiting, but after some ranting (on my side), they finally arranged a date to send the correct item over.

So after like 2 weeks since my first call to Bosch, they finally sent the correct item over. This time, i insisted that the delivery guys open it up in front of me, and let me check. There is a minor dent on the front, and since i'm tired of waiting for another replacement, i gave in and accepted it.

Sorry for all the ranting, but after this experience, i'll never buy a Bosch again. So much for their quality control on their products.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After 2.5 years, my 28444 washer broke down. Lucky or unluckily I bought extended warranty from Harvey Norman. However, not only the subcontractor took 1 whole week to come my place, only to say "oh, think its electronic board spoilt, need to check with Bosch for parts. As they shifting office, parts may be slow to come, u wait long long hor".

I really felt like hammering the sub-con! Even though its not HM's fault but it also made me felt like a fool to have bought an extended warranty but having to suffer 2 weeks w/o washing machine (the sub-con finally decided to come after another week to collect that white elephant-literally).

Furthermore, the sub-con said "whoa, ur 28444 Made in Germany leh, also spoil"....*blood boiling as I type*

NO MORE Bosch or Gaggenau!!!

My Bosch just broke dpwn less than 2 years of purchase. Failed while half way washing and now no sign of life. Still covered by warranty and technician will be dropping by next wed. The hotline person cautioned me that some parts may not be covered by warranty. WTF. Pay so much for a branded product to be faced with such problem is a shame. Let's see what the technician say...

The technician came to repair as per appointment. He replaced two power regulator board and after that it worked. The repair was free as covered by warranty and the repair itself comes with 3 months warranty. So far the service experience with the technician has been pleasant. Will see how long this will last.

• Like 1

These days many come with a 5 year warranty, or even a 10, for ALL parts. I choase my washer based on the warranties primarily, not the brand. In the end, I got a Samsung, as it had the most comprehensive warranty for 10 years, including motors, etc.

Hi, Palin

Do update us your machine status. How much is the extended warranty for your washer?

I heard from Best Denki sales, Bosch even gave 10 yrs warranty but unfortunately mine is two years.

Like Sneaky-ho said, my unit down two months after paid repair still covered by extended warranty. Yes, the technician came 3days ago and changed absorber, machine work fine. What will be the next fault? Can I trust this washer?

Dennis,

You must me the most unlucky person in the world as your appliance keeps on breaking down..... :rolleyes:

I consider myself lucky actually, at least save $100 for the absorber ... It is always lucky to have free replacement part and service. Warranty is really important for not so reliable appliances.

Still waiting for most member posting, I may not be the only one.

For me, I bought the cheaper LG direct drive washing machine, if it spoilt after few years, just buy another new one. No heart pain.

My last LG lasted me 7 years before it started dancing.

I have had good experiences with Bosch. My dishwasher and electric drill are both by Bosch. I have lost count of the number of years I have used them.