Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gobby

Resale - Sell Or Buy First

Hi,

Looking for advice if I should sell my current unit before I buy another resale or vice versa?

I need to do renovation work for the new resale unit and do not want to be in a situation where the whole family have no place to stay.....

Thanks in advance :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

chicken and egg issue

If buy first, then you had pressue to sell your present one.

If sell first, then you will have no time to reno.

No matter that you will not have time to do reno, unless your buyer not ugent to start their reno. aka .. mean they allow you to stay another 1 mth..

BUT if 1 mth, then you had pressue to reno. need to do simple one. Hope the unit don't need to a total reno.

My seller sell first then buy.

Who know his seller misplace the HDB title deed. Then need to go and do song-ba. It delay the completion date.

Then my seller need to reno.

In the end, the itial agreement of 1 mth extend , became 3 mth.

Luckily I had place to stay.

Or else.. I had to kick them out (Happen.. my seller husband is on oversea bussiness trip. the whole house.. left the wife, a 4 yrs old dau and a maid. The seller wife.. SUPPER stress)

Precisely...I do not wish to be caught in such situation....the last time I sold my old unit, I couldn't find a new unit in time and had to stay with my sister for a few mths....

Hi,

If i buy the resale flat first, how long do i need to sell my current flat?

ASAP

Your name only can appear in one HDB.

If you don't sell aka complete the 2nd appointment of your selling current flat, you can't complete the second appointment of buying resale flat.