Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So smart! I must also learn haha

I'm getting the key at the end of the month - just finalised the quote with contractor, intend to sign later this week!

Haha thanks.. All the best! I hope you get exactly what you want. :)

Htb was worried because he heard washing machine and dryers emit a lot of heat which may spoil the wooden cabinets. But my clever ID left the back of the washer dryer area untouched so its just normal cement wall. He also made vents at the sides and spray painted them black because they only came in chrome/steel.

Kitchen is still very messy. Hood is up but hob and sink not in yet.

955A6DC9-104E-4BA9-93C3-4F55A5D74500-867

Am pleased with the all black hood. We saw many other hoods but because ours could be seen from the living room the side had to be nice looking too. Most hoods are sandwiched between two cabinets so sides are usually made of different materials and don't look good. So when we found this Turbo hood we immediately took it.

D23191B4-D730-42C2-850D-96E7A753EF74-867

Still awaiting the sink and the upper cabinetry. ID says he intends to do some piping stuff on the top shelves. I have no idea what he's gonna do so it'll be a surprise I guess. I like surprises.

Stainless steel backsplash is already up but we haven't peeled off the sticker. Looking forward to see what it will look like. :)

Sneak pic of my messy hall from my kitchen.

9DB0D488-BBC2-4264-AAC7-CAF51BA3FDD1-867

Walk in wardrobe

9641A6DB-FE15-44F8-9B5A-F3F2D6312E93-867

A87D36F8-EADA-41D5-8852-7D615F18205E-867

E121A819-9D7D-48BA-9E4F-60158B2F4821-867

5865B0FB-CD85-411E-B3B9-AC52FA5CC272-867

The little rectangular meshes on top are drying from the black spray paint. They'll go onto the cabinetry for the washer n dryer.

8D4A48BF-9A88-41AB-95D4-FA843C837D8D-867

The island drawers have to be redone because they didn't have tracks and that makes opening it verrry hard. Guess the carpenter didn't realise what had to be done as my ID was away. -_-

Walk in wardrobe

9641A6DB-FE15-44F8-9B5A-F3F2D6312E93-867

A87D36F8-EADA-41D5-8852-7D615F18205E-867

E121A819-9D7D-48BA-9E4F-60158B2F4821-867

5865B0FB-CD85-411E-B3B9-AC52FA5CC272-867

The little rectangular meshes on top are drying from the black spray paint. They'll go onto the cabinetry for the washer n dryer.

8D4A48BF-9A88-41AB-95D4-FA843C837D8D-867

The island drawers have to be redone because they didn't have tracks and that makes opening it verrry hard. Guess the carpenter didn't realise what had to be done as my ID was away. -_-

WOW! A walk in wardrobe! A woman's dream come true! It looks pretty awesome despite it's still in the mid-stage of the renovation. Can't wait to see how the room will turn out eventually! Cool! :good:

wow, ur WIW....the island thing in the midde...looks like those jewellery shop display cabinet! :good:

Can u pm me ur lighting contacts? They look really nice.

Someone intro Likelights on the other threads.

But I wanna see more options before I decide what to get.

The green one u posted I saw something similar at ikea.

Of all places, Ikea actually started bring in vintage / industrial design now as well.

Edited by belysa57

WOW! A walk in wardrobe! A woman's dream come true! It looks pretty awesome despite it's still in the mid-stage of the renovation. Can't wait to see how the room will turn out eventually! Cool! :good:

Hi beng, haha yes, I reeally need the space. Now still puzzling over where to put my bags. :( how's your chandelier?

wow, ur WIW....the island thing in the midde...looks like those jewellery shop display cabinet! :good:

Haha thanks edd. I was gonna get a normal island, maybe from those vintage shops like LikeThatOne. But my ID say it won't match the vibe in the room and suggested the hanging island which htb was enthu about. Actually even now I'm not 100% sold. Shhhh

Can u pm me ur lighting contacts? They look really nice.

Someone intro Likelights on the other threads.

But I wanna see more options before I decide what to get.

The green one u posted I saw something similar at ikea.

Of all places, Ikea actually started bring in vintage / industrial design now as well.

Hi belysa57, pm-ed!

Yes I saw the green one at ikea too, is it the same one we saw?

C1E724C3-11D4-4621-A94B-33F0322AC5B2-970

I wanted the more realistic vintage one which is why I didn't take the ikea one. I think the ikea one is more Scandinavian in feel? Whereas I wanted the industrial vintage feel. Hehe

i really like the floating island! it makes the room look spacious~~ :)

btw, was your awning expensive? how much psf did it cost you? (if it's convenient to share ..)

hi RnJ! Long time no see.. How's your reno coming along? I rem your patio is also huge. I think my awning is 3.5m by 2.7m.. not 100% sure.. Hopefully you can tell roughly the size from the pictures. We paid 1350 bucks. Not sure if its cheap. Our ID sourced from two companies and his most competitive quote was 1.9k. So htb went to source himself and found a guy willing to do for 1350 bucks. So far so good.