Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Kitchen island and kitchen...

BBE4B1B1-463C-4E10-88C6-251E428CB642-102

5DD31951-EF2A-456D-95A1-B4AE0F27B25D-102

The switch board door and border is waiting for chalk board paint... ID say the place he usually get his chalkboard paint from is out of the black one, only have green.. so now we waiting for black to be back in stock.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

nice update! must be all ready to move in soon

I noticed the hood has a wood panel above it? For support?

Haha nah.. just to neaten the top and so i can put stuff like plates, etc on the top.

Went to bangkok recently.. and saw lotsa cool vintage stuff at the night market

75C12155-5FE9-41BB-AD72-5E4A0556BA74-102

cinema seats!! there were lotsa them... But they were in need of refurbishment for sure.

19B48496-A402-44FD-9384-3EF6A6AF17C6-102

Lotsa old radios... and most of them in working conditions.. prices were around 240 bucks or so. I saw similar ones in Lorgan's, but i didnt check out the Lorgan's pricing. Was very tempted to get them but they were rather large.. i dont think they would fit well into my cargo bag at all..

965DC5B9-8875-4F82-9569-3682CF37F9B2-102

36AD5C66-29D3-4989-BF76-127FEE494A15-102

They had alot of the industrial style factory lamps.. but it wasn't that cheap.. for bangkok. Was around Singapore prices, oddly enough.

was this the newly relocated rot fai?

yeah bkk has definitely capitalised on the whole industrial style..

thank goodness for taobao lol

Edited by greglhc

Went to bangkok recently.. and saw lotsa cool vintage stuff at the night market

75C12155-5FE9-41BB-AD72-5E4A0556BA74-102

cinema seats!! there were lotsa them... But they were in need of refurbishment for sure.

19B48496-A402-44FD-9384-3EF6A6AF17C6-102

Lotsa old radios... and most of them in working conditions.. prices were around 240 bucks or so. I saw similar ones in Lorgan's, but i didnt check out the Lorgan's pricing. Was very tempted to get them but they were rather large.. i dont think they would fit well into my cargo bag at all..

965DC5B9-8875-4F82-9569-3682CF37F9B2-102

36AD5C66-29D3-4989-BF76-127FEE494A15-102

They had alot of the industrial style factory lamps.. but it wasn't that cheap.. for bangkok. Was around Singapore prices, oddly enough.

Nice!!!

This should be relocated Talad Rot Fai right?

*drool*

I wanna head over there for some retail therapy too!!!!

so there were some problems .. ID wanted to hand over the house today, but last week, when we looked through.. we saw this in the master bathroom

DECEAA4E-44F8-4F49-AA61-DBB8BCA75996-101

When i first saw it, my heart sank abit and i asked my ID.. why ah? He said.. looks like wolverine came around. 0_o

Later he explained that its a natural formation for lava stone, every piece of lava stone is different. He went on to say its very beautiful and that people pay alot for this kinda natural formation and look. -_- The lighting that he installed above just showed it up instead. I said.. but i dont like.

End up, we called Stone Tec ourselves to ask if can choose the lava stone tiles, cuz our ID said the only way of getting the tiles we want to replace those is to go n choose ourselves. Stone Tec said, can choose.. but instead of 5plus per tile, will become 7plus per tile.. zzzzzzz Htb went down.. went through 100 plus tiles to choose 40 that we liked. End up his back hurt for 5 days after that. Sigh.... Now in the midst of redo-ing and it looks fine. Yay!

sad...i really like it tho :P

What a waste that the chair is broken! Cant believe the tiler actually stood on a new chair bought by the homeowner. I thought they usually bring along their step ladder

was this the newly relocated rot fai?

yeah bkk has definitely capitalised on the whole industrial style..

thank goodness for taobao lol

Nice!!!

This should be relocated Talad Rot Fai right?

*drool*

I wanna head over there for some retail therapy too!!!!

Yes! It's at talat rot fai, now besides Seacon Square Mall. But be warned that there're no money changers there so bring enough money! Also go for dinner, lots of little food stalls inside. Don't be like me, blur blur, eat outside when a walk into the market proper there're tons if small food stalls and deeper inside there're cool cafes and bars that are beautifully decorated.

Ur reno looks great! What sort of counter top are u using in ur kitchen? Apologies if u hv already mention earlier and I hv miss it!

No worries, am using Ikea wooden countertop in Oak! 15 years guarantee! ID say if any serious stains or after a few years can sand down to make it look new. He also bought a bottle of oil/moisturiser from Ikea for us to maintain the counter top.

What a waste that the chair is broken! Cant believe the tiler actually stood on a new chair bought by the homeowner. I thought they usually bring along their step ladder

Yeah, luckily it's my least fav chair from that set. Although definitely still heart pain but what to do. Maybe cuz it's vintage-y looking so they assumed it was an old work chair. Haha

Hi, your home is very nicely done. I noticed your kitchen floor is using cement screed, I like the industrial feel it gives but I'm wondering does it gives a lot of problems, eg. dusty, cracks,. Did you get your contractor to apply a layer of epoxy resin on it to make it look glossy?