Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Hi everyone!

After lurking around this site for a couple of months, I have finally decided to come out of the shadow and step forward to share my renovation experience and at the same time, seek important renovation advice from everyone. Although I'm still in shock on how I survive this perpetual procrastination, I managed to drag my body to the computer to create this mini-blog (I really deserve a pat on my own shoulder, haha! :sport-smiley-004: ).

Unlike ninety percent of the renotalk bloggers here, I have applied for this new Punggol BTO flat with my parents (yeah, unfortunately I'm still a bachelor :( ).

After about three long years of anxious wait, we finally received the letter from HDB to collect the keys for our new home. Coincidentally, the collection date falls on 5th April, a day before my birthday, hence I guess this must have been an early birthday gift from the government (let's put aside the HDB loan repayment :(:( ),

Like what the other bloggers did, this is the floorplan to my new house:-

PunggolFloorPlan_zps4ff44622.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After the collection of the keys, my parents and I could not contain our excitement and immediately rush down in a cab to view our new place.

Although the new apartment is smaller than what I have imagined, I'm pretty contented of the space and also enthusiastic of being a first-time homeowner myself.

Below are some photos of my "naked house" taken on that day:-

Living Room

2_zps9c1c2145.jpg

Kitchen
3_zpsf308e360.jpg

Common Bedroom

6_zps5d80c8aa.jpg

Master Bedroom
8_zps9c397f76.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

10_zpsf28ec45b.jpg

P.S.: Apologies if some of the pictures are not well-taken, I was too overwhelmed that I have gone berserk and randomly snapped these photos from ridiculous angles. Hahahahaha... :lol:

Hihi, welcome! almost identical floorplan with my BTO which is still under construction..wad kinda reno theme u going for?

Hi harocarlos!

Which area is your BTO? Also in Punggol?

Well, I don't dare to place too much fanciful ideas into my renovation as the folks are not agreeable to anything other than the traditional home layout, so I will probably stick with the safe theme of doing false ceiling, L-box etc for my living room and keeping it as "normal" as possible for the bedrooms & kitchen. :dunno:

I will throw in some themes (eg retro chic, Mid Century, scandinavian style) when I have my own family next time. :lol:

Welcome Bengologist

The pictures were well taken.

Excited for you : )

Hi StaleBread,

Thanks for the compliments.

I also wish you the best of luck in your renovation!

Cheers! :good:

Can't wait to see ur reno progress! :).

Hi ProjectH,

Thanks a lot! I can't wait for it either. Guess I will be constantly bombing my ID's phone to find out the progress. Hahahaha! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi everyone!

After lurking around this site for a couple of months, I have finally decided to come out of the shadow and step forward to share my renovation experience and at the same time, seek important renovation advice from everyone. Although I'm still in shock on how I survive this perpetual procrastination, I managed to drag my body to the computer to create this mini-blog (I really deserve a pat on my own shoulder, haha! :sport-smiley-004: ).

Unlike ninety percent of the renotalk bloggers here, I have applied for this new Punggol BTO flat with my parents (yeah, unfortunately I'm still a bachelor :( ).

After about three long years of anxious wait, we finally received the letter from HDB to collect the keys for our new home. Coincidentally, the collection date falls on 5th April, a day before my birthday, hence I guess this must have been an early birthday gift from the government (let's put aside the HDB loan repayment :(:( ),

Like what the other bloggers did, this is the floorplan to my new house:-

"Pat" "Pat" (on ur shoulder) bro! A least u did it! :lol:

Hope 3D give u a gd job! As i stay wif my folk too, went for a more conventional comtemporary style.. Glad to share my experience wif u! :yamseng:

Edited by jus4fun

"Pat" "Pat" (on ur shoulder) bro! A least u did it! :lol:

Hope 3D give u a gd job! As i stay wif my folk too, went for a more conventional comtemporary style.. Glad to share my experience wif u! :yamseng:

Hey jus4fun!

Thanks for the pat on the shoulder! :D

I just gave your profile a glance and realized that you also went for 3D Innovative Design as your renovator. Who did you engage? Did he/she do a good job on your house?

:yamseng: too!