Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

beng DD is awfully quiet these days....maybe busy 华山论剑 with his ID huh?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha ok thanks, will be going through the schedule of work with my ID this coming Friday, hopefully everything can just go smoothly

Okay great! Good luck to you then! :lol:

beng beng (cant help but to call u like a SDD after knowing u still hv yet to hit 'BIG 3'.. wahaha :P), no sound no pic on ur reno progress for a while.. at least no hear grouch over the slow progress.. hope things r moving along on target.. 22 june that is!! :)

Hahaha! That really make me sound like a XDD! :sport-smiley-018:

Anyway I've been super busy at work this week that I have no time to do any update. The renovation is progressing much better than the past few weeks but there are also many hiccups. Hopefully I can find the time to update it in the evening or tomorrow. :lol:

Ben, my living/dinning color - Peppermint. They are the same color, photo taken on the same day & same time. But it come out like that. My cousins say look like india house when i whatsapp them the photo. lol .. My cabinet will be up next week, will take some photo to show you.. :)image_zps17573aee.jpgimage_zps3502d717.jpg

OMG OMG OMG! This colour is sooooooo vibrant and refreshing! I totally love it! :wub: I would have done something similar if my folks do not give me this :angry2: look. I have chosen a dark grey colour for one side of my bedroom and my mom has been nagging me for the past 2 weeks on my bad colour selection. :dunno:

Please upload more pictures! Really love your colour selection! :thumbs up:

Hi Faifai, just for info, Beng & I used the same ID company. I was quoted $1,210 each for my two 5.5ft full-height wardrobes (w laminate sliding doors). Jus note it was back in Apr 12 though..

The prices is cheap, don't think can get this price for wardrobes anymore. :)

Ya! Niko is right! That price is really cheap! My ID quote me $1,250 each for casement 5.5ft full height wardrobes, not to mention the 7ft glass sliding door wardrobe exceeding the $2k mark. :~

It alright, I can understand. Can come to my place when it done, but have to clear the rubbish before leave. :)

wow, hse-warming gathering! i like! 听者有份吗? haha! i can contribute potluck food & will bring a small hse-warming gift.. :)

AWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE! :good:

beng DD is awfully quiet these days....maybe busy 华山论剑 with his ID huh?

Hahaha! Work in the office is killing me. My colleagues are away on vacation in Europe for 2 weeks and I'm helping out to cover for 2 of them. :dunno:

Nah.. I wouldn't discuss 华山论剑 with my ID. I will discuss 葵花宝典 with him. If he dare to delay my renovation again, I will make sure he practised 葵花宝典 (translate: I will make sure I 自宮 him). Hahahahahahaha! Just kidding! :lol:

Ya! Niko is right! That price is really cheap! My ID quote me $1,250 each for casement 5.5ft full height wardrobes, not to mention the 7ft glass sliding door wardrobe exceeding the $2k mark. :~

Oh $40 difference, or 3% inflation nia.. u still got a gd deal! :P But ur 7ft glass abt $2.3K.. almost double the price!! :jawdrop:

Oh $40 difference, or 3% inflation nia.. u still got a gd deal! :P But ur 7ft glass abt $2.3K.. almost double the price!! :jawdrop:

No no! Mine is casement, not sliding wardrobe. The 5.5ft sliding wardrobe price he quoted me is $1.5k! :jawdrop:

Edited by Bengologist

After abandoning this little corner on the world wide web, I returned from my hectic work schedule to find no cobwebs and tangled vines, all thanks to you lovely peeps for visiting it every now and then. Give yourselves a pat on your shoulders right now! :good:

Now back to the weekly updates. Please allow me 10 minutes to browse through this forum to see when's my last update.

Okay found it! :dribble: Last update was 1st June, really eons ago. Let's move on to the next chapter of the renovation journey.

6th June 2013

According to the schedule plan, the workers are supposed to come to the house to do additional painting work on the wall of my living hall and the master bedroom. As I will be busy slogging my guts out for my paymaster, not to mention partying in the indoor stadium with Jay Chou after my work, I have to leave the spying :ph34r: duties to my Ninja Mom.

When she arrived at the house at 4pm, she immediately ring me up and shouted over the phone, "DO WHAT PAINTING?! WHAT PAINTING DID THEY DO?! EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AS WHAT WE HAVE SEEN LAST WEEK! DID THEY COME TO DO? WASTE MY TIME TO COME DOWN! I'M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW! :jail: "

I straight away calm her down and say,"Hey Mom! I'm not the contractor. You gotta chill. I will give him a call right now."

As per usual, my ID refuses to pick up my call and I have no choice but to send a SMS to his mobile saying, "Hello, can you advise me what's happening to the painting work?" He called 10 minutes later to say that he's heading to my unit with his painting contractor. My mom waited in the house for their arrival and I guessed my ID did not have a good evening because he has to face the wrath & nagging power of my mom. Really good luck and may God blessed him. Hahaha! :rolleyes:

After the painting is done (within 30 minutes), he sent me the photos for confirmation. I'm not convinced that they did a proper job but I am glad that they managed to keep pace with the schedule. I will make sure the walls are properly painted during the painting touch-up in the final stage of the renovation, otherwise I will buy hundred pieces of canes and whip them on their butts *hahahaha*. 8|

8th June 2013

After the painting job, the next task is to install the glass panel in my living hall and the shower screens in the two bathrooms. In order to avoid the unnecessary lioness' roar from my mom, I had decided to make the trip down on my own to the house to check on the progress. Ever since he experienced the "hair-dryer treatment" from my mom (which is even more powerful than Sir Alex Ferguson's original version), he has been making constant updates to me on the renovation progress. He even drop me a rare SMS before the workers begin the glass/shower screen installation work and another SMS after the installation. If I have known how much effect my mom's ranting has on him, I would have gotten my mom to liaise with him right from the start, and perhaps I might even be a resident of Punggol-Pasir Ris GRC right now. Hahahaha! :lol:

Here are some of the photos taken during that week:-

1) The painting contractor working hard on the MBR wall.
IMG-20130606-WA0006_zps0681ddcb.jpg

2) The almost completed product *pending touch-up*. Is this really an awful colour selection like what my Mom say? :(
20130609_161507_zps0d447065.jpg

3) Shower screen in one of the bathrooms. Hooray! No more wet toilet floor! :sport-smiley-004:
20130609_161448_zpsed340fb6.jpg

4) The fully-painted wall in the living hall. Yes, you are right, pending touch-up work too! :P
20130609_161643_zps613e7ff6.jpg

5) The glass partition in my living room. Pretty solid despite its thickness. Pleasing to the eye too. Love it. :wub:

20130609_161633_zps839d0e05.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

hahaha beng your mum sounds like my mum....she also gave me heart attack while I was working and called me up and started to rant non stop about this and that....thumbs up for our mums!!!! :good:

hahaha beng your mum sounds like my mum....she also gave me heart attack while I was working and called me up and started to rant non stop about this and that....thumbs up for our mums!!!! :good:

Hahaha.. That's how my mom react ever since I'm a kid. When a teacher calls the house, she will scream/shout/scold/rant at me before she listens to what the teacher will say. I'm too used to her style. :lol:

Yeah thumbs up to them! Hahaha... :thumbs up:

lol, 姜还是老的辣!

u nvr suan ur ID " see la...deal with me u dun wan, now u deal with my mom lor! got eyes cannot recognise orh eee orh!!!

the grayish wall looks alright to me, i would use a lighter shade tho

elders dun really like such colors lol

Edited by edd

Hi Faifai, just for info, Beng & I used the same ID company. I was quoted $1,210 each for my two 5.5ft full-height wardrobes (w laminate sliding doors). Jus note it was back in Apr 12 though..

thanks jus4fun for the info..... tt wd be $220 per foot run ya.... so gd if can get tt now....I can really see wt difference a year makes..

Total quote for wardrobes is about $4.8k, with the glass wardrobe much more expensive than the other two.

Glass wardrobe is 7.5ft, the other two is 5.5ft.

n fr ben's quote, I think I can roughly say the price now is abt $260-$280 pfr....

i'm still thinking if I shd just get ikea wardrobes....

thanks jus4fun for the info..... tt wd be $220 per foot run ya.... so gd if can get tt now....I can really see wt difference a year makes..

n fr ben's quote, I think I can roughly say the price now is abt $260-$280 pfr....

i'm still thinking if I shd just get ikea wardrobes....

My IDs quote was 240 pfr All formica Naturelle with blum hinges

but Kitchen was 100 pfr..... :rolleyes: