Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Awwww fragile beng, ouch for the pretty chandelier! But thank god no one was hurt and great that your ID and electrician will pay and make good everything. Don't be sad, passage way will be nice again and even better after this!

Hahaha.. Yeah, the good thing is no one get hurt when it falls, so that's already a big blessing.

Anyway just taking it as a grand opening ceremony to my new house. As the saying goes,“落地开花,财神到我家!” :notti:

Hahahahaha! :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ohhhhh, you met up with Ryan. How was it? Was he as friendly & helpful as what I have mentioned? Did you sign with him? :lol:

yea, sign up le, becus of ur partial blockout blind lor! ;)

beng h** xiaodidi(cannot reveal ur real name hor :P )......and also i lazy go source for others le, tired already lol :wacko:

ouch! beng, was about to say that your chandelier is beautiful then saw your post on the incident, luckily no one is injured.

Ya, must ask them ensure that the replacement set is secure properly, so dangerous!

luckily your ID and electrician take responsibility for it, if not really very heart pain.

Yeah, I will make sure the replacement set is super secured. Maybe going to ask them to use super glue, screws, scotch-tape, staples etc when they fix it up. Maybe I will add some masking tape after it's up. Wahahaha.... Super kiasu! :lol:

Ya, I'm also glad that they took responsibility, otherwise it will be heart pain for me. Imagine the excitement from first-time purchase on Taobao, saw the delivery arrived at my house and then have this piece of enthusiasm transform into disappointment. How drastic is that. Hahaha...

yea, sign up le, becus of ur partial blockout blind lor! ;)

beng h** xiaodidi(cannot reveal ur real name hor :P )......and also i lazy go source for others le, tired already lol :wacko:

Hahaha.. It's okay to reveal it. I don't mind anyway. LOL! :lol:

Did you also choose the partial blackout blind too? Did he provide you with a good quote too? Hahaha... Pardon my questionsssss. :P

Yeah, I will make sure the replacement set is super secured. Maybe going to ask them to use super glue, screws, scotch-tape, staples etc when they fix it up. Maybe I will add some masking tape after it's up. Wahahaha.... Super kiasu! :lol:

Ya, I'm also glad that they took responsibility, otherwise it will be heart pain for me. Imagine the excitement from first-time purchase on Taobao, saw the delivery arrived at my house and then have this piece of enthusiasm transform into disappointment. How drastic is that. Hahaha...

Just concen. For the chandelier above the dining table, how r they gonna chk (did they yesterday?), and reinforce if necessary, with all the crystal balls up? :unsure:

Just concen. For the chandelier above the dining table, how r they gonna chk (did they yesterday?), and reinforce if necessary, with all the crystal balls up? :unsure:

I also not sure how they check the chandelier above the dining table, have to check with my mom cause she's the one who spoke to the ID & electrician boss yesterday while I'm working in the office. :P

Hi Beng, congrats on your move-in.

Sad to hear abt the broken chandelier but gald that no one was hurt & a replacement is on the way.

Your place looks so good and I believe everyone have settled in.

Congrats again...

Bengologist, was it a false ceiling that they fixed the lights to? Or concrete ceiling? Looks scary.. your incident got me all paranoid of my upcoming lights above my dry kitchen granite top!

Hi Beng, congrats on your move-in.

Sad to hear abt the broken chandelier but gald that no one was hurt & a replacement is on the way.

Your place looks so good and I believe everyone have settled in.

Congrats again...

Hey yo dreamzgal!

Thanks a lot~! :P

Yeah the replacement will be arriving today or tomorrow. I can't wait to see it up again in the passageway! So thrilled *and scared* too. Wahahahaha! :unsure:

Bengologist, was it a false ceiling that they fixed the lights to? Or concrete ceiling? Looks scary.. your incident got me all paranoid of my upcoming lights above my dry kitchen granite top!

You mean the fallen chandelier incident? It was fixed onto a concrete wall. I guess the two screws weren't sufficient to support the weight of the chandelier, that's why it fell. :(

You gotta ask your electricians to take note of the weight of the chandelier and take extra precaution when installing it. It wouldn't give them too much trouble to put more enforcement. Better be safe than sorry. :huh:

advice to u, if u r not ard when they install ur toilet bowl, go and check it the very next day hor...

mine is leaking for like 2 days when i found out....dam pissed off sia!!

hi... its true.

make sure they install the toilet bowl properly esp that the hole spacing is matching to the t.bowl!!!!

see our reno blogg here

beng beng! when u showing us ur new replacemt chandelier? :notti: hope no issue wif contractor.. :unsure:

Congrats on the completion of your Reno. Love reading all your posts. Not only are they informative, but also hilarious and entertaining. So sad to read about the loss of items and the crashing chandelier. Thankfully all things can be settled without much fuss. End of day, your new home looks fantastic and your parents + sis must be beaming with pride on the mighty fine job you did. *clap clap*

Hah.... Bro Eric did the fan installations for my old place and I'll definately contact him again my upcoming new house too. Friendly chap with great customer service. Enjoy your new home. :D

Aiyo, sorry to read about your chandelier *RIP* but glad it turned out well in the end!

Lol! Thanks for the condolences, I have already buried that chandelier into a carton box and gave it to the electrician. :rolleyes: