Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bookmarking this too.

Yes, it's such a joy to find good deals and not overspend. Like taobao. Heeheh..

Btw, franc franc is currently running a sale and ikea too

Yeah! I'm always jumping in joy :sport-smiley-004: when I enjoyed good deals from purchases from local shops, Taobao, fortytwo.sg etc. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm not spending much nowadays since I am almost done with my purchases *fingers crossed* but thanks for sharing! Hope renotalkers can benefit from this piece of info! :good:

6th July 2013

It had been close to a month since my last update regarding the fallen chandelier and I had been wandering like a headless spirit around Renotalk, sticking my ears and eyes as close to the mortal world as possible, trying to find out the latest gadget to add into my new home. After T-blog hopping for a couple of weeks, I realised that everyone's harping about this kitchen appliance which resembles the 'must-have' of the Reno cyber-town but for a mountain-tortoise like me, this looks like a national treasure which is just being unearthed from the ground. So, what is this item? Alright, most of you got it right. It's none other than the strong, powerful and mighty Philips Air Fryer! Wahahahahaha! :lol:

I've seen a lot of positive reviews about this product and I was totally amazed by its ability to 'fry' food without any usage of cooking oil. YES! WITHOUT ANY COOKING OIL! That's 80% less oily than the fried food we usually consumed and for a plump fellow like me who loved fried food and is constantly hallucinating myself to be a fit healthy guy, this product is undoubtedly a dream come true! Hahaha! :sport-smiley-004:

Therefore, without much hesitation, I gave my dearest brother-in-law (okay, sister's boyfriend) a ring and ordered one set from him. My mom wasn't impressed with this product initially and skeptically brushed it off as another ridiculous cash-splurging effort from me. However, on the evening when the Philips Air Fryer arrived at my doorstep and after I demonstrated to her on the usage, she had been playing with it non-stop and even went around the neighbourhood and her circle of friends, bragging about the marvel of this product, the user-friendliness and also the crispiness of the food. And ever since that night, I had been eating 'air-fried' food for a record number of days. Now I hate fried food. Officially. :wacko:

Here are a couple of photographs of the Philips Air-Fryer:-

1) The Philip Air Fryer in its packaging box
IMG-20130715-WA0004_zps9bf40154.jpg

2) The Philips Air Fryer camouflaging with my kitchen cabinet top. Awesome product! :good:
20130712_212355_zps26f6d4d0.jpg

Sorry pals, no pictures of any food because they went straight to my tummy faster than I can whip out any camera to snap them. :dunno:

Anyway here's a picture of my Taobao clock for those who hate the Philips Air-Fryer. Hahahaha! :lol:
20130711_202449_zps5984fd55.jpg

Bonus picture of the month:
My sister and I lazing on the sofa watching DVD (Jay Chou's 'Secret' 不能说的秘密) :rolleyes:
20130714_184347_zps0d230cc1.jpg

13th July 2013

After 20 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes and 53 seconds from the dreadful afternoon when my chandelier decided to commit suicide, the replacement chandelier is finally here. The electricians were supposed to arrive at 2pm to do the installation but had only dragged their *** to my house at 5pm. However, I'm not gonna point finger at my ID on this because I can see that he's trying his best to arrange for them to arrive earlier but apparently, the workers were simply a little difficult to control since they do not work directly under him.

Okay, let's skip the story. Go straight to the photos. Hahaha! :sport-smiley-004:

1) The replacement chandelier in the carton box
20130713_170506_zps73ba6484.jpg

2) The electrician knocking the screws into the ceiling. I had forced them to punch more screws into the ceiling. So now, instead of the 2 screws which was used for the previous chandelier, it now has SIX SCREWS! Yeah! :notti:
20130713_170530_zps98615dae.jpg

3) The two electricians lifting the new chandelier together. Guess it must be quite heavy. *scared scared* :unsure:
20130713_171115_zpse6bfdd8f.jpg

4) OHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! It's finally back! :dribble:
20130713_181412_zps59ad933c.jpg

5) Rihanna Song - "Shine bright like a diamond, Shine bright like a diamond, Shining bright like a diamond, We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky" :P

20130713_181431_zpsda279ad4.jpg

Beng, your post is so funny! Always like reading your tblog. Good to know that your chandelier is all ok now. And good choice on the airfryer. We are airfryer fans also :D

Yo beng beng!! u r 'back'!! :dancingqueen: and as humorous as usual!! so missing ur humorous posts!! :P

Hmm... air-fried food.. better than oil-fried food.. but still must eat in moderation hor if not how to build choc-pac like jay? :lol: But i understd it is meant more for those frozen deep-fried food not the kind prepared fresh with wet flour platter like 炸虾,炸鸡翅膀,炸虾饼 etc? yum yum! :D

The replacement chandelier looks gorgeous & it looks like the original! Is it the same one? U know where they got it from? Same Taobao seller or their own lobang?

Ay, post some pics of ur final products leh.. :notti:

Edited by jus4fun

Beng, your post is so funny! Always like reading your tblog. Good to know that your chandelier is all ok now. And good choice on the airfryer. We are airfryer fans also :D

Hahaha! Glad that you love reading it! It's a way to ease off the Tuesday blues. :jammin:

Well, I WAS a air-fryer fan. No more now after eating so many fried food. Wahahahaha! :lol:

Just kidding! I still 'heart heart' :wub: my air fryer! It's definitely the best kitchen product in the market right now. Hahaha! :D

wooo...it is back!!!

tat air fyer how much ar?

Hmmm.. It's a little inconvenient to reveal the price since I bought it from my sister's boyfriend who happens to be a Philips product promoter. Sorry... :(

But I can let you know the price Tampines Giant is selling -> SGD 269.00 ;)

Go grab one! :lol:

Nice chandelier... :D glad that they finally replaced it and with more screws now!!

the air fryer looks awesome too.. :D

Hi mariohoho (WOW! Awesome name!)

Thanks a lot! Glad that they have finally replaced the broken one and enforced the support with more screws. However, once bitten twice shy, nowadays I will still look at it and check on it every now & then to ensure that the screws are fully tighten. Hahaha! :D

Wow...finally it is back.......so nice looking........

Yeahhhhhhhhh! :jammin:

It's a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait for the replacement chandelier. Glad that it turns out pretty good. Guess you can start persuading your hubby to have such chandelier in your house too. :notti:

congrats beng :D

your whole passageway have a good ambience :P nice :good:

Hey Easter!

Thanks much! :good:

Yeah! The passageway is finally back to the glorious days! I'm so satisfied with this chandelier that I will switch it on every now and then to look at it before switching it off again. Sound stupid right? Hahahahahaha... :lol: