Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jimuzu

Reno Ideas On My Humble Home Needed

The layout of my house seems to be very odd,it looks really small, they're are not much place to put TV. I would like to seek the opinions of all of you , in better manage the spaces and probable design I could adopt. Thanks

Screenshot_2013-05-02-11-00-19-116909846

Edited by jimuzu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello! Where's ur new place?

The balcony is huge, suggest u bring yr dining table out and put either glass invisible collapsible doors or at least good blinds to block agst elements that way u can have a bigger living room.

Mybe you can do what i did, since i had a similar problem. Make the kitchen open concept and incorporate a kitchen island in it. Hopefully the island can sit 2 to 4 people. Then you can have a bigger dining table in the balcony?

Hi there! Yours seems like a condo yeah? How many people will stay here? If yours is a small family, can consider round dining table with custom made curved dining bench against the wall. Or perhaps you could hack the wall between dining table and kitchen to accommodate island cum dining table, then push the yard further into the existing WC?

Hello! Where's ur new place?

The balcony is huge, suggest u bring yr dining table out and put either glass invisible collapsible doors or at least good blinds to block agst elements that way u can have a bigger living room.

it is in pasir ris.Thought of bringing the dining table to the balcony. Glass door would be dangerous if got kids , right? Although it surely look nice and spacious

Mybe you can do what i did, since i had a similar problem. Make the kitchen open concept and incorporate a kitchen island in it. Hopefully the island can sit 2 to 4 people. Then you can have a bigger dining table in the balcony?

Yes, thinking of knocking the walls off and make a Island. But won't it be odd if wall that house the stove is still on?

Hi there! Yours seems like a condo yeah? How many people will stay here? If yours is a small family, can consider round dining table with custom made curved dining bench against the wall. Or perhaps you could hack the wall between dining table and kitchen to accommodate island cum dining table, then push the yard further into the existing WC?

Yes, it is. my family has 3 members

Not sure how extensively you want to reno - is a new place right?

Can consider to:

- knock down half the wall with stove and install clear glass (height dependent on whether you hv hood and upper cabinets) - something like the glass between my kitchen and study.

- knock down the fridge wall, install a small bar counter/ island and shift the fridge outside like a dry kitchen/bfast nook concept.

- use the balcony as dining area as suggested by other RT folks. But rem to install a ceiling fan in the balcony to keep cool.

So with the above the living room shd look more spacious.

Else if you really want to keep dining indoors, try installing booth dining instead? Saves space... One side of booth seat against wall n the other booth seat you can keep empty or put bookshelves or storage.

Kitchen seems a bit small... Alternatively after you move the fridge out, instead of knocking down that wall retain n build up a tall cabinet for storage n kitchen equipment. Glass door for kitchen?

Not sure how extensively you want to reno - is a new place right?

Can consider to:

- knock down half the wall with stove and install clear glass (height dependent on whether you hv hood and upper cabinets) - something like the glass between my kitchen and study.

- knock down the fridge wall, install a small bar counter/ island and shift the fridge outside like a dry kitchen/bfast nook concept.

- use the balcony as dining area as suggested by other RT folks. But rem to install a ceiling fan in the balcony to keep cool.

So with the above the living room shd look more spacious.

Else if you really want to keep dining indoors, try installing booth dining instead? Saves space... One side of booth seat against wall n the other booth seat you can keep empty or put bookshelves or storage.

Kitchen seems a bit small... Alternatively after you move the fridge out, instead of knocking down that wall retain n build up a tall cabinet for storage n kitchen equipment. Glass door for kitchen?

Thanks for the suggestion. thinking of knocking down the wall on the fridge side, but it will look odd as the stove side wall stand alone