Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Is This A Power Point Problem Or Light Bulb Problem?

like some advice from the experts here. In my study room, i have 2xT5 and 1 downlight. They are all LED, and linked to the same power point, ie i only have one switch that powers all on.

In the 6 months that i have stayed there, my 2 T5s have developed flickering problems and have been changed. one of the changed bulbs developed the same problem after less than 2 months.

The downlight also had a problem that after turning on for an hour or so, will go off by itself. Yesterday, the replacement downlight, also developed the same problem again after less than 2 months of replacement.

Can anyone tell me if this is likely to be a problem with the power point instead?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I will guess that the driver (Ballast) u are using to power the LED is incompatible with the LED u are using.

This is a common problem, and not easy to troubleshoot, but I think bring everything to the shop and let the shop advise u which driver is best for your LED.

But i have already replaced the lights a few times, including the ballast/driver and everything. But the replaced lights keep breakinh down after a few months.

Forgot to add that my whole house has 50+ LED lights, and majority are the same model bought from the same shop. But i only have problems with the ones in my study room. Which is why i suspect if problem could be with the power point instead.

Forgot to add that my whole house has 50+ LED lights, and majority are the same model bought from the same shop. But i only have problems with the ones in my study room. Which is why i suspect if problem could be with the power point instead.

Does your power point trip?

When you say power point, do you mean that all the lights are connected to a 3 pin plug and plugged into a power socket?

It's hard to pin point but as a first step, I would check for loose connections.

Who wired the lights?

I have only two LED bulbs having the same problem while the rest working fine, called the light shop to fix my problem as its within one year warranty.. The technician came, change the ballast as well as the light bulb. Accordingly to him, it's ballast problem but he still changed the light bulb for me tot.

I have only two LED bulbs having the same problem while the rest working fine, called the light shop to fix my problem as its within one year warranty.. The technician came, change the ballast as well as the light bulb. Accordingly to him, it's ballast problem but he still changed the light bulb for me tot.

Good. Hopefully that will fixed the problem. As pointed out by yoongf, it could be driver incompatibility. If the problem recurs soon after warranty, my preference would be not to buy this brand/combination.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it