Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

Yes and very near to our place!

@edd Is your block the one with the kopitiam? We just had lunch there today!

yep it is, my block is like a mini town center, got kopitiam, got bakery, got dry market, got grocery shop, got household item shop, got TOTO/4D somemore!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi edd, congrats & welcome to the 3-roomers' club & to RT!

Seeing the reno of u ppl reminds me of my own journey last yr.. Gd to learn from the experience of others here..

Hv a njoyable journey! Look forward to following & seeing ur progress & pics! :yamseng:

Hi edd,

Welcome to the 3 roomers club and RT! Exactly same layout as mine, just flip opps the kitchen/living with the rooms!! I also hack away the storeroom and rebuilt a full height cabinets instead.

Thx for all the welcome! :)

Hi edd,

Welcome to the 3 roomers club and RT! Exactly same layout as mine, just flip opps the kitchen/living with the rooms!! I also hack away the storeroom and rebuilt a full height cabinets instead.

@blue77 yep, our flat are mirror image of each other, actually intend to let Nic do the reno too but then last minute change, very paiseh to Nic.

Update: Today not much stuff done due to a few hiccup here and there.

- Suppose to finish up the hacking but hacker thought finish already so never come. :dunno: ID say will call him back to finish up tmr.

- Tiler came instead but alas Hafary deliver the wrong tile size for my toilet wall!!!! :bangwall: ID immediately call and question them, Hafary will deliver the right ones by late afternoon while the tiler start cementing the common toilet walls.

- Settle lighting and power point locations with my ID.

- Saw my kitchen 3D pic, ID say cannot send me yet because they haven't watermark it

Speaking of ID, I actually forgot to intro him 8|

The ID is Aaron Poh from Absolook Interior Design, a young handsome boyish looking chap, always full of smile. A search in the forum shows only 2 t-blogs which the flat was done up by Absolook's two bosses(glen and YY) and dated back to 2011 if I'm not wrong.

Well, Aaron is actually my housing agent's son and was babysit by my aunt when he was young, so I might had actually seen him in my aunt's hse when he was just a baby! :rolleyes:

Furthermore, during one of my relative gathering, i found out that my third aunt's flat was actually renovated by one of Absolook's bosses, Glen, before he setup Absolook.

What a small world! :lol:

Before meeting Aaron, i was already waiting for the final quote from another ID. Hence when i received Aaron's contact, i have no intention of giving him a call at all.

However, Aaron took the initiative to call me up first and asked me to go down to the showroom for a visit. After discussing with my wife, since we are still waiting for the final quote after a week, why not go down to have a look? maybe can steal some ideas!? :yeah:

So we arranged a meetup three days later, during these three days Aaron once again made the initiative to ask for my floorplan and what i wanted to do. I simply replied basically almost an overhaul with a low budget and emailed him the list of works to be done. I am rather impressed with his initiative at this time

Three days later, when we arrived at his showroom, a proposed layout and 2 different quotations were presented to us! I was impressed until i found out they are a GST registered company.

Next, he proposed the kitchen design to us, which is exactly what I'm looking for but was held back from telling the previous ID due to my budget. Now I am really impressed, but the GST is holding me back.

My wife was pretty impressed with him too . After some discussion, we decided to reduce our furniture budget and sign up with him.

Edited by edd

Thx for all the welcome! :)

@blue77 yep, our flat are mirror image of each other, actually intend to let Nic do the reno too but then last minute change, very paiseh to Nic.

Update: Today not much stuff done due to a few hiccup here and there.

- Suppose to finish up the hacking but hacker thought finish already so never come. :dunno: ID say will call him back to finish up tmr.

- Tiler came instead but alas Hafary deliver the wrong tile size for my toilet wall!!!! :bangwall: ID immediately call and question them, Hafary will deliver the right ones by late afternoon while the tiler start cementing the common toilet walls.

- Settle lighting and power point locations with my ID.

- Saw my kitchen 3D pic, ID say cannot send me yet because they haven't watermark it

Hi edd,

No worries. Hope to see your reno pixs soon

Update:

Today morning after work, went up to spot check a bit, only one worker there today...

- New windows are up, almost 100% left the metal strip in between for the casement windows. Finally, my living room windows can be opened! :thumbs up:

- Common bathroom floor and wall tiles are up, wall is of a darker tone....handphone cam can't show the actual difference. rough surface wall...hard time cleaning?? :jawdrop:

- MBR bathroom floor tiles up, tiler say run out of tiles again....walao..how can like that one..... :bangwall:

- Wall rebuilt for MBR bathroom, the wall was hacked by dunno which previous owner

tilingwork1_zpsdcc5de1a.png

tiler say tomorrow will have additional guy to help him, most likely to start kitchen flooring :sport-smiley-018:

out of topic, but edd, is that your cat in your display pix? :sport-smiley-004:

Lol nope, found this pic on the net.

Wanted to have one but my wife got asthma

@niko, yep i agree with you, the modern flats' kitchen is very small and very hard to design an optimal setup for space and storage

Hi edd,

Welcome to Renotalk! I had to agree with you guys that the new BTO flat's kitchen is indeed very small. Guess I need to feedback (translate: COMPLAIN) this to HDB.

Anyway happy renovation! Hope to see more pics soon! :good:

hehehe, my MIL sponsor a wardrobe for my wife, so now she can finally have a built in wardrobe with pull out mirror :dribble:

so today meet up with aaron to decide wardrobe laminates to match my greyish floor

this will be how the wardrobe doors look like, the whitish laminate actually has little shiny dots under lightings, like stars in the sky :notti:

wardrobecolors_zps4c761222.png

Also finally aaron emailed me the 3D pic of my kitchen, i feel it will look darker in the real world situation

aaron_kitchen_zps44d9f9c7.jpg

The laminate you chose is from Lamitek. Your kitchen look great to me. I saw one of my neighbor who use darker brown for his bottom cabinet. I'm still decide what color to use for my top & bottom cabinet..so hard to decide

The laminate you chose is from Lamitek. Your kitchen look great to me. I saw one of my neighbor who use darker brown for his bottom cabinet. I'm still decide what color to use for my top & bottom cabinet..so hard to decide

Hi niko,

My opinion is that you should get a contrasting colour for your cabinet against the colour of your cabinet top. If your solid/granite surface top is dark colour, your cabinet should be lighter in colour and vice versa.

I'm not an expert but I've learnt this from my interior designer. Hope that helps. Happy Reno! :)