Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

Hi niko,

My opinion is that you should get a contrasting colour for your cabinet against the colour of your cabinet top. If your solid/granite surface top is dark colour, your cabinet should be lighter in colour and vice versa.

I'm not an expert but I've learnt this from my interior designer. Hope that helps. Happy Reno! :)

Thanks for the information Bengologist. My table top is light grey color with grayish line. I don't have a ID, so have to do all the stuff by myself.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually I kinda think the id 3d drawing is quite realistic as in all beige white does help to make the kitchen a uniform look and gives a "wider" area feel. Dark colors often gives a heavy feeling.

regarding contrasting colours that's just a preference for most ppl. Wads important is the overall feel for the kitchen.

and wether u as the owner like the color scheme as you are the one looking at it for the years to come

Edited by mrmerry

have to agree with mrmerry, it's all about how u feel.

i prefer colors which blends well with each other then colors which are of a total contrast.

however, there are situations where contrasting colors work really well, especially wardrobes.

Thanks for the information Bengologist. My table top is light grey color with grayish line. I don't have a ID, so have to do all the stuff by myself.

No worries.

In fact I also agree with mrmerry, lighter colour scheme tend to make the kitchen look spacious and much generous in outlook. It also present a more uniform appearance. I have also chosen light colour for my kitchen cabinet, although my granite cabinet top is black in colour.

The only concern I have is that since my parents cook often, the colour of the cabinet might turn yellowish in the long run. Therefore instead of getting a glossy one, I got one which is made of timber and have a slightly matte or "rough" surface (once again suggested by my ID) as the "oil" from the cooking will not stain the cabinet that easily.

But in the end, it's really up to your own preference. I also have a headache when I went down to make the selection. Sat in the coffeeshop with him for nearly two hours just to choose the right material and colour.

Happy reno!

:yamseng:

Thanks Edd & Bengologist for the tips. I know light color can make kitchen look more spacious, especial when I go around visiting my neighbour up and down looking round.. As all our kitchen is a squarish shape, the kitchen cabinet look like very huge to me.. I almost going to faint.. so my daughter chose a very dark orange for bottom cabinet. :)

Thanks Edd & Bengologist for the tips. I know light color can make kitchen look more spacious, especial when I go around visiting my neighbour up and down looking round.. As all our kitchen is a squarish shape, the kitchen cabinet look like very huge to me.. I almost going to faint.. My mother alway cook everyday, i also scare the color will become yellowish for long run.. but my daughter wanted a very dark orange in gloss for bottom cabinet. I will wait and see how it look like. :)

Edited by niko

Having a young toddler and a helper who always make the kitchen looks like a warzone after she cooks, I have to select a darker colour for my kitchen laminate. My choices of texture and colours are futher reduced since my spouse dislike wood-like laminates.

I am one who actually like wood-like type of laminates........alas.........

Nice 3D drawing of your kitchen :-)

Update : Kitchen tiling

a rare day where my wife can come along with me to look at our flat.

tiling work had finished for kitchen and toilets. :jammin:

for my standard, i think the tiling was pretty well done :thumbs up:

happen to see aaron there finalizing the carpentry work with his carpenters and do their measurements.

tilingwork2_zps6fce0421.png

Not so good news :

neighbour downstairs complain about leaking... :jawdrop:

went down with aaron to inspect...indeed minor leaking causing yellow/brownish stains on their mbr toilet ceiling and kitchen ceiling.

good thing is neighbour says leaking seems to stop after the tiling work had completed.

aaron says "dun worry, let me settle it"..... hope it is nothing serious and no additional costs, no money liao............ :bow:

Edited by edd

Update : Kitchen tiling

a rare day where my wife can come along with me to look at our flat.

tiling work had finished for kitchen and toilets. :jammin:

for my standard, i think the tiling was pretty well done :thumbs up:

happen to see aaron there finalizing the carpentry work with his carpenters and do their measurements.

tilingwork2_zps6fce0421.png

Not so good news :

neighbour downstairs complain about leaking... :jawdrop:

went down with aaron to inspect...indeed minor leaking causing yellow/brownish stains on their mbr toilet ceiling and kitchen ceiling.

good thing is neighbour says leaking seems to stop after the tiling work had completed.

aaron says "dun worry, let me settle it"..... hope it is nothing serious and no additional costs, no money liao............ :bow:

Wah! OMG! Hopefully there's nothing serious. I have minimum renovation for my BTO flat's toilets because I'm also scared of leakages. Lucky for me, I have already made friend with my new neighbours staying below me, so in the event if there's any problem, I guess it's easy to settle too.

Hope yours will be resolved with no additional cost. :good:

ya, guess the two tilers finish up quite a lot of the work last saturday :thumbs up: , was quite surprised to see the tiling works almost near completion and ready to start carpentry during today's visit

maybe aaron wants me to pay the next 40% upon start of carpentry asap? LOL! :deal:

Now left touching up aaron's sacred wall, bedroom doors, aircon, carpentry, window grilles, iron gate, electrical/plumbing, laminate flooring, painting and maybe final touchup. :sport-smiley-018:

I'm still worried abt the leaking problem, pray not serious! :bow:

bro, ur reno is progressing very fast! brand new cozy house in no time! good for u! thumps up!

ya, such leakage (whether on us or on our neighbours downstairs) can b a worry at all times! but dun worry too much in ur case. it's probably happened during the wet works before tiling. once ur water-proofing done (if it's properly done), the leakage downstairs would probably hv ceased.. :)

Edited by jus4fun