Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

The water pipes looks ok.

As for the air-con trunking, indeed a bit err... & OMG the condenser mounting like so haphazardly done!! :jawdrop: Think u better let the contractor know for safety sake!

Ur air-con guys did exactly the same thing as mine, i.e. ran the trunking above the skirting in the MBR (see my pics below)!! So no choice but to live with a gap between the headboard & the wall, which i can still tolerate. U see the wall behind the bed? There used to be a hollow (wat's the term for this har?). It was boxed up but only after the trunking was run!! So part of the air-con is actually embedded in the box-up! When i saw the trunking & quickly told my ID that the box-up should be done before trunking, he just said "放心啦!" 你说惨不惨?! :~ U can oso see the trunking is running into the wardrobe.. :dunno:

My MBR (see air-con trunking running above skirting)

5eca3541-e85b-4169-bdad-998032506a31_zps

0c84e17e-5586-4a88-9192-e9c0e580d69d_zps

My MBR (air-con trunk run into hollow before box-up)

MBR-air-conpipe_zps4721644a.jpg

May I know where you get the single bed? And the cost?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

received an email late last night and ooohh, its my wardrobe 3d pic!

only the wardrobe is correct tho, floor color, bed, etc all sala lol

23052013bedroomaaronBlk324bukitbatokst33

Wow wow wow! :jawdrop:

Beautiful bedroom! Perfect mixture of colour, paintings, wooden flooring and furniture & fixture to add to a classy, elegant look! :good:

Now I'm thinking of getting those table lamps and painting. Hahahahaha! :lol:

Wow wow wow! :jawdrop:

Beautiful bedroom! Perfect mixture of colour, paintings, wooden flooring and furniture & fixture to add to a classy, elegant look! :good:

Now I'm thinking of getting those table lamps and painting. Hahahahaha! :lol:

the colors all wrong one leh, only the wardrobe is correct lol! :lol:

Hi Edd,

Mind if you tell me which company installed your aircon?

Thanx!

err sub-con, i dunno the company name also, definitely not the common players we heard and see in IMM

May I know where you get the single bed? And the cost?

It's from Englander @ IFC Sungei Kadut (they hv other branches too). $799 inclusive of 1 x Englander Reverie Classic latex mattress + 1 x Merlington frame & headboard.

PS. I've been to different makes of mattress; many of their headboards r very similar or from the same few manufacturers...

Thanx Edd.

I am going to do my trunking this Friday. Hope it turns out well. It seems my trunking has to go through the wardrobe as well. Hopefully it is not that bad.

err sub-con, i dunno the company name also, definitely not the common players we heard and see in IMM

It's from Englander @ IFC Sungei Kadut (they hv other branches too). $799 inclusive of 1 x Englander Reverie Classic latex mattress + 1 x Merlington frame & headboard.

PS. I've been to different makes of mattress; many of their headboards r very similar or from the same few manufacturers...

wah wah...ur bed frame can buy two of my queen size!! :jawdrop:

Thanx Edd.

I am going to do my trunking this Friday. Hope it turns out well. It seems my trunking has to go through the wardrobe as well. Hopefully it is not that bad.

oh my, good luck! if it's thru the back of the wardrobe and u can take the loss in depth then should be alright, trunking thru the front of the wardrobe is a definite no-no imo

Hi,

Just to share... this is how i run the aircon trucking.

IMG_1077.jpgIMG_1076.jpg

pretty similar to wat i propose but was not recommended by the contractor

Hi,

just sharing my views here only for others who have not installed aircon yet... (sorry to hijack yr blog here edd...)

it's always good to get the aircon guy to make 2-3 trips

1st trip: your ID/contractor , the aircon guy and yourself must be presented at your house to discuss how pipes/trunking are to be installed

(usually the aircon company will do this with no obligation to discuss on the running of pipes)

2nd trip: install the pipes and trunking...this is also the time yr ID/contractor needs to see and discuss with you on the built in wardrobe (if you are having it) or to have a box up partition or other items etc to cover the ugly trunking...

3rd trip (if need to) then they will come down to install the aircon units once the paint job or box up done...

Just for sharing only... :)

Hi,

just sharing my views here only for others who have not installed aircon yet... (sorry to hijack yr blog here edd...)

1st trip: your ID/contractor , the aircon guy and yourself must be presented at your house to discuss how pipes/trunking are to be installed

(usually the aircon company will do this with no obligation to discuss on the running of pipes)

2nd trip: install the pipes and trunking...this is also the time yr ID/contractor needs to see and discuss with you on the built in wardrobe (if you are having it) or to have a box up partition or other items etc to cover the ugly trunking...

3rd trip (if need to) then they will come down to install the aircon units once the paint job or box up done...

Ya Swaskie.. i share the same advice as u.. hv been sharing this earlier too.. cheers! :yamseng:

Ya Swaskie.. i share the same advice as u.. hv been sharing this earlier too.. cheers! :yamseng:

they charged me for 3rd trip..but ..I dun care as as long my trunking nice nice can liao rather than regret heheh

they charged me for 3rd trip..but ..I dun care as as long my trunking nice nice can liao rather than regret heheh

there was no additional charge for my 3rd.. or they factored in liao.. :P

Hi,

wow thanks for sharing swaskie, it's very helpful, will take note. Ya I believe communication between ID and the air con guy is very important if not sure will have problems

hmm..... let me ask you'll. Isn't running trunking on top/near celing more ugly and obvious than running below? Below at least you can hide the trunking by the bed, night stand etc... On top not possible to hide unless you box it up and if you have low ceiling, boxing up will make your ceiling even lower.

I was thinking of running my trunking below so that when the bed comes it will hide the trunking . Do you see any issues with that?

My trunking would also be running through my wardrobe but only at the side right at end , so I am guessing I will lose about 4 inches of my wardrobe space below, which should be fine as that part is for hanging clothes and no drawers there.

Anyone sees a problem with it? Appreciate any comments / feedback help. thanx!!