Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edd

No Money Also Wan Reno...bk Batok 3Rm

Hi jaykr,

as jus4fun bro mentioned, it's really up to individual.

to me, i can't stand the trunking for a few reasons.

Firstly i'm purchasing a cheap bed frame, so there is no guarantee the headboard will be fixed firmly to the divan, i had seen user comments on beds.sg that some headboard are shaky after fixed up and rectification for some of their cheaper bedframes(the range which i purchased), the aircon mrt track is simply too thick for my own comfort. Also, i'm not doing any partition board or feature wall, these are extra costs which i dun tink i should incur just to solve the gap thingy caused by the trunking which of course could be run in another way. :bleah:

Secondly, the thick mrt track cuts into the front and back of my wardrobe like the EW line. From outdoor station redhill to tiong bahru(tunnel into the bottom of my wardrobe) then exit from lavendar(tunnel out of my wardrobe at the top!) to kallang. This effectively reduce my wardrobe size at both sides and back, defeating the purpose of me having a build-in wardrobe to maximise space...and of course the look .Not going to pay 1.7k for a wardrobe like this! :bleah:

For ur single split+ system 2, u have to make sure the compressor of the single split can be mounted outside of ur study room, i dunno if it's allowed to have another compressor mounted other than hdb's designated place to mount one because u have to hack the hdb wall if i'm not wrong. :dunno:

Hi,

It's personal preference to route the aircon piping... i ran it the shortest route (longer route, less gradient, more prone to aircon leaking in years to come). My is 3.5 rm, so no piping seen at all, I find it acceptable after painting... but that's me....

IMG_1105.jpgIMG_1222.jpgIMG_1223.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

While makan is having a 武林大会 over at blk 343, i never expect my side also has a mini 武林大会 as well! :P

There are workers doing laminate flooring, electrical, lightings and plumbing all at the same time. :jawdrop:

I was also informed 3rd june would be the date for carpentry works to start and the date to blow another big hole in my pocket for the next 40% payment. :(

The entire place is just messy....very very messy....dunno how to take photos....must take photos in a peaceful and quiet environment....

but show some flooring picture first cus they are the first to finish!

laminateflooring_zpsbb264e3b.png

When i left, the workers are still continuing works on plumbing/bathroom accessories, electrical work ( they install my living room scv point wrongly, lucky i notice it before i left 8| )

Next time will take pic of my uneven ceiling...yes ceiling is uneven, all hail the mighty 80s' HDB workmanship :curse:

Agree with you; HDB workmanship is really terrible. Our block just went through some upgrading and the exterior painting is horrible.

Anyways your laminate looks good! And your mini 武林大会 is better than ours. Today no show from our plumber, electrician & painter :( Tomorrow they will be coming, as confirmed by contractor!

Works are delayed due to the passing of aaron's grandparent, he has to attend the funeral. My condolences.

Let's look at the 80's HDB workmanship....amazing uneven ceilings...and the former wall of my storeroom...

all hail HDB!

unevenwalls_zpsccd07331.png

was pretty shocked to see my bathroom fittings leak water tho....cistern is flushing alright but is leaking at the bottom where it is fixed to the toilet bowl seat....shower head also leaking when turned on.....common bathroom's heater was not installed properly, doesnt seems to power on and heat up the water....

waterleak_zps08fad732.png

well, they say it's because they are not used to fix up stuff which are not bought thru them....they expect me to buy their explanation? :bleah:

for the cistern maybe, but i believe my pictures of the shower head prove otherwise... it's extremely lousy installation. Shower head installation is a pretty much standard thing. :bangwall:

and i actually managed to fix up the shower head leaking problem myself in the afternoon, one of the shower hose is broken...and they still fixed it up for me to see?? :angry:

lightings/electrical wise, they missed out a double powerpoint....MBR toilet lights cannot be ON untill i turned on the MBR ceiling lights, the wire they confirmed wired wrongly....one light tube in my MBR not working... :curse: haven tested their powerpoint tho...

that pretty much sums up the phase two works so far...disappointing in my opinion

now have to wait for aaron to get back to work to chase his guys and smack them in the butt 8|

tomorrow the plumber guys are coming, looks like i have to haunt them myself!

Works are delayed due to the passing of aaron's grandparent, he has to attend the funeral. My condolences.

Let's look at the 80's HDB workmanship....amazing uneven ceilings...and the former wall of my storeroom...

all hail HDB!

was pretty shocked to see my bathroom fittings leak water tho....cistern is flushing alright but is leaking at the bottom where it is fixed to the toilet bowl seat....shower head also leaking when turned on.....common bathroom's heater was not installed properly, doesnt seems to power on and heat up the water....

well, they say it's because they are not used to fix up stuff which are not bought thru them....they expect me to buy their explanation? :bleah:

for the cistern maybe, but i believe my pictures of the shower head prove otherwise... it's extremely lousy installation. Shower head installation is a pretty much standard thing. :bangwall:

and i actually managed to fix up the shower head leaking problem myself in the afternoon, one of the shower hose is broken...and they still fixed it up for me to see?? :angry:

lightings/electrical wise, they missed out a double powerpoint....MBR toilet lights cannot be ON untill i turned on the MBR ceiling lights, the wire they confirmed wired wrongly....one light tube in my MBR not working... :curse: haven tested their powerpoint tho...

that pretty much sums up the phase two works so far...disappointing in my opinion

now have to wait for aaron to get back to work to chase his guys and smack them in the butt 8|

tomorrow the plumber guys are coming, looks like i have to haunt them myself!

Ya HDB's worksmanship really cmi! Take my walls for example, u know the 20-something yr old flats' walls all very rough (machiam the moon's surface) one. Even after plastering the whole house still can't make it smooth & flawless like the new flats let alone condos.. :(

Wah ur contractors/sub-contractors oso cmi leh! What u hv described r just basic requirements nia! Hope they get it all done swee swee for u quick quick! Gd luck!! :)

Edited by jus4fun

hahaha u also tink they CMI rite!

well, apparently aaron did do something in his absence, so got to give him credit for that.

Yesterday evening, after i left, his electrician comes up to rectify the lights and install the missing powerpoint, so today i tested the lighting switches, working correctly liao.

My bedroom doors also changed to new ones yesterday evening, and my main door fixed back.

Today evening, the plumbers came, a different batch....they look at the installation and the three bengs go " KNN who fix one, dun let me find out who".

As of 6pm, the leaking stop, nothing was changed, they just rectify by tightening this and that.

Now left the common room heater, the knob was faulty and misaligned....hoe kee and ariston...u disappoint me!

Now left carpentry, metal gate/grilles and final touch up.

Gd la. Things tt r not done properly rectified le jiu hao! Those not jus hv to keep nagging lor.. Hope ur other remaining works soon soon too! :)

Like the bengs' remarks! Really 痛快! How many Xs I've used that 3 words myself during my own reno! Haha! :P

Edited by jus4fun

Ya HDB's worksmanship really cmi! Take my walls for example, u know the 20-something yr old flats' walls all very rough (machiam the moon's surface) one. Even after plastering the whole house still can't make it smooth & flawless like the new flats let alone condos.. :(

Wah ur contractors/sub-contractors oso cmi leh! What u hv described r just basic requirements nia! Hope they get it all done swee swee for u quick quick! Gd luck!! :)

I second or third that... the flat I bought is 28 yrs old and the common bathroom ceiling is so slanted :fire:

Some walls are also slanted :fire: Luckily after plastering, the walls still look okay :unsure: otherwise :bangwall:

Works are progressing again with the installation of my kitchen and mbr carpentry :sport-smiley-004:

Kitchen carpentry

kitchencarpentry_zpsf0113dff.png

too bad i can only use LPG gas, hence the space below the hob is wasted :(

Looks like i got more counter space than i imagined :rolleyes:

counterspace_zps65bb3bfd.jpg

THis is my mini store cabinet

ministorecabinet_zps15e47f1e.jpg

Edited by edd

Master Bedroom Carpentry

They are not fixed up yet with all the pieces inside my MBR...lucky haven call in the bed frame...

mbrcarpentry_zps56f24eaf.png

The internal of the wardrobe is also laminated, free gift from aaron :good:

Here's a snapshot of my toilet, both toilets are similar and they are not leaking anymore!

IMAG0284_zpseda855f1.jpg

Day 2 of carpentry work + extras

MBR wardrobe fixed up, once again u see my uneven wall....really :bangwall:

wardrobe_zps01fc3166.png

Kitchen carpentry finishing, left installation of solid surface and backsplash

kitchencarpentry2_zps8e2a4a06.png

Extras :- grilles for my corridor side and bi-folds fixed up

bifoldgrilles_zps64ab5695.png

Not bad wor! Think u did pretty well although u say 'no money'. M sure ur wife will b very happy! :)

haha, thx, compare to the majority of the reno shown in this forum, mine is really very very small scale...and simple, no special features and only simple carpentry done.

i have many ideas but the cost is just too high for me considering 90% of the total reno came out solely from my own pocket, very big hole burnt

Edited by edd