Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AriesTay

Sense Art Pte Ltd - Bad Experience

I had a lousy, tedious and frustrating experience with Sense Art Pte Ltd. I paid in full for a sofa mid Jan 13 at Spore Expo. Delivery was to be before Chinese New Year. But the delivery date was changed 4 times and the sofa finally delivered in Mar 13. Sense Art had given me a black and white email on a 10% discount on my sofa but till now, no response from the company despite me sending emails to Mr Don, Mr Jon and Mr Kevin Ben Lim.

During this whole process, I was always the one to initiate and follow up with Sense Art on delivery dates instead of Sense Art following up with me, the CUSTOMER. My many phone calls, messages and emails were ignored by Mr Don, Mr Jon and Mr Kevin Ben Lim.

The concept of customer service is either not understood or not practiced by Sense Art Pte Ltd.

As a customer, I have been fair and understanding. I had given Sense Art Pte Ltd ample time (mid Mar till May) to respond to my email and honour the payment of 10% discount.

I am sharing my experience so that you will make a wise choice where Sense Art is concerned. By the way, their group of companies also include Plush Mattress Boutique and Curtain4u. It is a pity that Sense Art Pte Ltd has chosen to disregard their company’s image and reputation for a mere S$200.

I believed as a consumer, we should choose to buy from company that has excellent customer service, is trustworthy and honour their words.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear Aries Tay

We had responded by mailing you vouchers worth of three hundred dollars for your future purchases. I do not know who had given you an email pertaining to the allegations that was mentioned above. If its a mere two hundred bucks, why bother to post it in the forum? Apprently, you are trying to exploit the situation that we had postponed our delivery date due to some unfortunate incidents that had happened to us during the festive season.

I am sure our consumers here are more concerned about post delivery services. Should your sofa fails to serve you well enough we will be responsible for the repairs. I do not think that by offering a two hundred dollars discount will appease you. Moreover, we do not have this policy as I had mentioned over and over again in RT that in our trade, delays are inevitable. As much as we wanted, we could not change the fact that sometimes, something's are beyond our control and beyond our assumption. However, we had contingency plans by offering a T loan set for our customers should the delivery be delayed free of charge.

Of I am right, we had given you a t loan set prior to your delivery. Most importantly, your sofa was delivered to your satisfaction. I hope you will show magnanimity by not demanding for the mere two hundred dollars discount. Thank you and have a nice day.

Dear Aries Tay

I would like to add this on. If you can find one furniture retail shop in Singapore , who never miss their delivery dates, we are willing to give you he sofa for free. We will issue a cheque for the price that you had paid for in full under your name. We will learn from their business structure , improve on our service level and I think the costs involve are worth the while.

Dear Aries Tay

Lastly, as you can see through RT forum, we are the only one who is actively after our customers' request and feedbacks. As compared to so many others, nobody bothers to even listen to their woes. Scroll further down, there is a thread about sense art. We managed to pacify and appease our customers, they are happy with the sofas that they purchase. We appreciate our customer support in our business but when things go overboard we have to defend the integrity and the name of sense art, plush mattress boutique.

Dear Senseart / Ben,

I had read your reply posts previously for EL & was impressed by your sincerity. Hence I decided to purchase my sofa from Senseart after knowing that you had moved over from EL.

My purchase was done on 5/9/2012, Inv no. 50048, for a set of Symmetrico 7 seaters/corner set c/w chaise & power recliner. Full payment made on the same day. However I am very disappointed by the poor customer & delivery service thus far.

Initial delivery date was set on 8/5/13 but 1 week before the date, we made a request to post-pone to 11/5/13. The lady at your showroom assured me that the delivery could be done on 11/5/13 & the logistic side would call me before delivery. But after waiting in vain for half a day on 11/5/13, I called Senseart & was told that no delivery would be done on that day since I did not receive call from them. To my frustration, the gentleman who received the call told me he couldn't help me as the logistic side is different from their sale side & he couldn't contact the logistic side as they only operate half day on Saturday (11/5/13). He asked me to contact them again on Monday (13/5/13).

So I called again on 13/5/13, the gentleman told me that there was a delay in the delivery of my sofa from Malaysia & he confirmed that it would arrive on 15/5/13 (Wednesday) & promised to deliver to me on the same day. Again the promise fell through & I wasted half a day waiting for nothing on 15/5/13. I called Senseart again & the receptionist said the sale team will call me back soon as they were busy. After 45 mins of fruitless wait, I called back again to voice my anger. She apologised & promised that someone would call me to explain the problem. Jon called me 10 mins later & told me that there was some technical problem with my sofa delivery & promised again that it will be delivered to me latest by 23/5/13 (Thurs). When I pressed for him to elaborate more on the technical issues, he reluctantly said that my sofa arrived with a different color so they had ask the factory in Malaysia to redo another set for me & the wrong color set was sent to the exhibition at S'pore Expo! (I am really skeptical about the explanation & if so, why no one from Senseart told us frankly about it earlier but instead made me wasted 2 days waiting for your empty promises!)

I agree fully with Aries' statement "During this whole process, I was always the one to initiate and follow up with Sense Art on delivery dates instead of Sense Art following up with me, the CUSTOMER."

I had also ordered my mattress & storage bed frames from PMB & had no problem with their delivery. As I know, PMB & Senseart belong to the same owners, I am puzzled by this great discrepancy in their service & delivery standard. In the mean time, I am keeping my finger cross at this moment & hope that I can have my sofa set by 23/5/13 & endure another week without any sofa set in my new house! (Already endured through 1.5 weeks)

I am writing these to share my bad experiences & hope that your company will act upon it to salvage your reputation.

Regards,

Mr Ng

Dear mr NG

First thing first. Thank you for your support in pmb and sense art. The problem over here we have is not the delivery issue. I have to admit that we have chosen the wrong person for the right things that need to be done. As a patron for both companies, pmb does not give you any problem, that is because the sales manager is of a different calibre. Alan is the sales manager for pmb and he makes sure that the goods arrive prior to delivery date. Hence everything is smooth and without glitch. However for sense art we have a different manager handling things. I apologize to what that has happened and the sales manager has since left our company. We have appointed a more repo possible guy to take over the job and I believe your sofa will be delivered to you smoothly.

Pertaining to Aries Tay, I despises those who ate trying to exploit the situation just for their own benefit. Even airlines companies delayed their flight, I don't see any feedbacks about refunds and discounts. Because its just too common that airline companies delayed their flights. Everyone take it as part and parcel of the business. I welcome your feed back and will look into this seriously, I promise that we will I prove our customer service. Thank ou

Dear Senseart,

I will withhold my judgement until I receive my sofa, but I am glad to see your prompt reply again.

Hopefully you can keep your promise & regain my confidence & trust back.

Regards,

Mr Ng

Dear mr NG

We are out to do business, and we will continue to strive for better customer service, as theoperation has great differences between pmb and sense art hence the disparity in standards. Thank you for your patience and understanding .

Dear Senseart

My sofa finally arrived today as scheduled. So far we are happy with the quality of the product delivered.

I would like to compliment Senseart for delivering on your promise. :good:

Overall my experience with PMB has been positive & though there were hiccups initially with Senseart but they had redeemed themselves through their prompt replies in this forum & the willingness to apologise for their short comings & able to deliver what they promised eventually. I am grateful that Senseart is willing to invest time & effort to maintain this line of communication through Renotalk forum & this has assured us, the consumers, that we will not be left in a lurge when things go wrong. This is the type of after-sale service that I am looking for & you have not disappoint me. Well done Senseart & keep up the good work.

As I am not an expert in leather, 1 thing I cannot be sure is whether I am getting genuine full leather as stated in the purchase invoice or not. But I hope the sofa can last me many yrs to come as their leather is warratied for 5 yrs & 10yrs for the frame & springs.

In future I will still patronise PMB & Senseart if they are still around. :)

Regards,

Mr Ng

Dear mr NG

Thank you for your compliments. In this era, it's difficult to do business, as our consumers are learned ladies and gentleman. They expect the highest standards. Recentlym we had introduce a booklet "guidelines to buy a leather sofa" the reason for this is to educate our consumers and let them know what they are paying for. Hence you can be assured that we will not shortchanged you in this aspect. I am sure you sofa wil serve you and your family well for many years to come. With the inception of the lemon law last September, it is no laughing matter if we were to deliver goods not according to the ones that are purchased. Please remember to send the warranty card back to us and lastly, please remember to keep your leather moisturize at least once every two months. You can get leather oil form those DIY shops or if you choose to, you can purchase from us at $128 , it comes with a moisturizer, a cleaner and an ink away solution. Original price is $199 , 128 is for our customers who had purchase sofas from us. Courier service is available, but a charge of $15 dollars is applicable. Please call our showroom to indicate your interest and payment via credit cards is accepted. Please inform the person at the end of the line should you choose the latter for mode of payment. Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi Sense Art,

May I know how should I address you and in what capacity/designation are you replying on behalf of Sense Art?

Hi Aries Tay

I am the business development manager for both sense art and plush mattress boutique. Is there anything I can help you with?

cure my curiosity please.. but ngsp seems to be created only for replying to this thread..

Hi clarvibol

Ngsp is a nick form our customer mr NG. He wanted to share his sentiments and experience of being a customer for both sense art and plush mattress boutique, it's no wonder that he created a thread for himself so that he can post in renotalk forum. Did I cure your curiosity?