Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AriesTay

Sense Art Pte Ltd - Bad Experience

Dear all,

I want to put the record straight that I 'hijacked' this tread because I was facing some problems with my sofa delivery initially, as stated in my 1st post, & chanced upon this tread while searching for "Senseart' in this forum.

I am a genuine customer of Senseart & PMB & wanted to share my personal experience with them so that others can benefit in the future. (To patronise them or not is your personal choice, but I believe the sharing of our experiences will help us to make wiser decision)

I did not reply after my last post as I am happy with the outcome & I am also not keen to get the leather cleaner from Senseart. However after reading the last 3 posts, I thought I have to make this clarification so that people don't misunderstand that my posts were fictitiously created by Senseart.

You can PM me if need further information.

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sense Art,

Pls provide your name so that I know whom am I communicating and to ascertain if you understand my issue and if you have been provided with the correct picture before you made the above comments.

I came across this post and I do totally do not agree with what Senseart said. Do you know how important delivery date is to ppl who is moving into new house.

So what if you can T loan a sofa to others. The sofa might not be their liking. Since you committed to the date, then you should fulfill the promise. e Worse thing u provide voucher to someone who dun have confident buying again from u... What can he do with the voucher?? It means useless to him bcos he wont buy again from u....

And your previous post stated that delay in delivery is seen in every furniture retail.... I can tell u straight "NO". I have been to Hommage Furniture. Their service is excellent and deliver on

time.... If u cant deliver then dun promise... I urge everyone to use the lemon law against those retail that cant deliver to the stated date....

Dear Aries Tay

We had responded by mailing you vouchers worth of three hundred dollars for your future purchases. I do not know who had given you an email pertaining to the allegations that was mentioned above. If its a mere two hundred bucks, why bother to post it in the forum? Apprently, you are trying to exploit the situation that we had postponed our delivery date due to some unfortunate incidents that had happened to us during the festive season.

I am sure our consumers here are more concerned about post delivery services. Should your sofa fails to serve you well enough we will be responsible for the repairs. I do not think that by offering a two hundred dollars discount will appease you. Moreover, we do not have this policy as I had mentioned over and over again in RT that in our trade, delays are inevitable. As much as we wanted, we could not change the fact that sometimes, something's are beyond our control and beyond our assumption. However, we had contingency plans by offering a T loan set for our customers should the delivery be delayed free of charge.

Of I am right, we had given you a t loan set prior to your delivery. Most importantly, your sofa was delivered to your satisfaction. I hope you will show magnanimity by not demanding for the mere two hundred dollars discount. Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi shawncck

How have you been? It's been a long time since we crossed swords. Like I said if hommage is that perfect, I would like to learn from them however , please make sure that since opening till now that hasn't been a single glitch in their deliveries. Do you think we can use lemon laws against airlines companies who delay their flights? I know it's not an excuse and we are seriously looking into our problems.

We had vouchers that can be used for curtains, beds and mattresses, please refer to the post by mr NG. He will patronize us a along as we are around. What can you say about that? Therefore, Shawncck we cannot please everybody , we are no god. Even the conglomerates like star hub and m1 makes mistakes, it's part and parcel of life. Nobody wants that to happen but at times things cannot be helped.

I think even you will be late for appointments, or even cancel the appointments if you think you cannot make it, does that makes your friend or your client lose confidence in you? Come on, please do not add fuel to fire. Even though I do know of spoilers in rt. I don't know what is your motive, but at least we deliver, if we are not on time and have to pay back ten twenty percent of the selling price, do you think it's justifiable? Please think before you post . Thank you

Hi Senseart,

Thanks for replying, U are not comparing apple for apple.

How can you compare airlines with furniture retail. It really make u stupid seriously. And u were saying so long the item is deliver, then is fine.

What if you take 10 years to deliver the sofa? U expect ppl to wait for you and sit on floor. Or if that was a bed, you expect them to sleep on floor.

And so what if u can loan them... Will it fit their house deco?? If you can't promise, dun commit and make ppl pay full.

Now i can state one furniture shop who deliver on time... then u say gd... previously u mentioned all furniture retail delay deliver....

Doesnt that make u eat up ur own word... If ppl can buy from places that can deliver on time... Why would ppl waste time on ur shop...

I certainly hope more ppl can see this renotalk forum... better still, someone can deliver flyers at expo furniture fair promoting renotalk... Make sure they dun pay or sign any item b4 checking out the forum... And for ur info, lemon law is definitely able to use against furniture retail... If u dun even know the law well... just shut down ur mouth... Really make u stupid...

Note to all consumer - Do not make full payment at furniture retail. If the sale person insisted, walk away... wont die wo buying from them... U can always look for others... But the moment u make full payment... your item is likely to be delay or worse nv appear or appear wrong item and the furniture shop force u to accept.... The maximum u shd pay is 20 percent...

Go to Hommage- i only pay 20 percent and service is excellent.... Skip this sense art cfm...

Hi shawncck

How have you been? It's been a long time since we crossed swords. Like I said if hommage is that perfect, I would like to learn from them however , please make sure that since opening till now that hasn't been a single glitch in their deliveries. Do you think we can use lemon laws against airlines companies who delay their flights? I know it's not an excuse and we are seriously looking into our problems.

We had vouchers that can be used for curtains, beds and mattresses, please refer to the post by mr NG. He will patronize us a along as we are around. What can you say about that? Therefore, Shawncck we cannot please everybody , we are no god. Even the conglomerates like star hub and m1 makes mistakes, it's part and parcel of life. Nobody wants that to happen but at times things cannot be helped.

I think even you will be late for appointments, or even cancel the appointments if you think you cannot make it, does that makes your friend or your client lose confidence in you? Come on, please do not add fuel to fire. Even though I do know of spoilers in rt. I don't know what is your motive, but at least we deliver, if we are not on time and have to pay back ten twenty percent of the selling price, do you think it's justifiable? Please think before you post . Thank you

Hi shawncck

If what I am say is stupid why do you reply? Doesn't it makes u even stupid? Airlines and furniture line is the same in a sense that we are all in the service line. Hommage is good, we should learn from them, but if you are not from hommage how do you know their delivery is 100% on time? Admit it if you are from hommage. You want business i understand but by putting others down, I beg to differ. Anyway, I think we are of different level and you are not my customer, I wouldn't want waste anytime on you and your not so stupid comment.

There is only one thing I agree with you, if the sales person insist on paying full, just walk away. However, we have a number of customers who insisted on paying full even if we deter them.

Lastly , we loan furniture to our customers is on a temporarily basis it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit because at least we provided them a place to relax. And if you were comparing apple to apple, did we take 10 years to deliver a sofa? Talking about lemon laws, please furnish me with information before you start to talk nonsense over here. It's a great experience dealing with you shawncck.

cure my curiosity please.. but ngsp seems to be created only for replying to this thread..

I somehow had the same observation :idea: as you. this ngsp replies seems to be staged :jawdrop:

This is to bring to your kind notice that I ordered one full leather Lshape recliner sofa set (Model 2330, color Monza, IC000117) during exhibition at Expo on 28 April 13 for SGD 4000 with your company and paid the amount in full. Please refer to invoice no. 60273. Delivery date was 21st May13. However there was no information from your side until 21st May PM.

When I called up,it was told that delivery could not be effected due to your internal problems and now delivery will be made Latest by 30th May.

Again on 30th May 13 it was told that you have more problems and delivery will be on 13th June13,failing which you will refund full money with interest. You promised to send me an email in this regard latest by 1200hrs on 31st May13 confirming the understanding and delivery date .

It is regrettable, however,that once again you have failed to fulfill your commitment. I have not received any email from you,nor any responsible person in your organisation is answering my calls. Your receptionist's promises of arranging call back have proved hollow again and again.

Morever today when I went to the showroom at Mc person road,it was found empty and you say you are shifting.

I must inform you that apart from causing agony and pain by failing to fulfill your commitment of delivery of sofa on multiple occasions, you have also caused me immense pain and trauma by not informing the events in timely manners and being evasive which has caused anxiety and fear in my mind with grave adverse effects on my well being.

I request your answer to all above and your clear position regarding this matter.

I somehow had the same observation :idea: as you. this ngsp replies seems to be staged :jawdrop:

i think this whole conversation seems staged. now we have 1 more person's first post... looks more like 2 sofa company quarrelling and accusing each other...

but anyway i think senseart handled this well, but just that you seem to have too many enemies around... :no:

My name is Navendu Tomar , Phone no 98220248. I work for a ship management company and not a sofa company. Details given in my post including invoice number are all verifiable. And Sense art has Closed their McPherson outlet without any prior information to their customers is a fact. they have not even posted a relocation notice at the door of their showroom.

Obviously I reply to ur MSG to tell u are u stupid... Cant u even tell that... Airline and furniture are totally different thing... This really sure how stupid u are... Anyway I dun have to tell u who I am... I been here long tjme... Most of forum ppl know who I am and they will know what I say is genuine...

Anyway to all, pls skip this shop who can't even deliver item...

Obviously this is not 2 company arguing... Is genuine case whereby ppl didn't get their stuff... Anyway they posted here to warn ppl of this shop... That is their aim... So ppl dun get con...

To all, dun go to this shop if u dun hard earn money go down the drain

Hi Mr Kevin Ben Lim - Business Devt Manager

I believed you are the person posting the above replies. I have to make presumption since you have again ignored my question. Very typical of your style.

First of all, I have to correct you that I am a genuine customer and I am not out to “exploit the situation just for my own benefit” in your words.

I am frustrated with your company missing the delivery dates time and again and ignoring my phone calls, phone messages and emails to resolve or settle the issue. In the first place, I didn’t demand for the discount. It was Don who had offered it and Jon who gave me an email confirmation on the discount.

I believed as a “CUSTOMER” I have been fair and understanding :

1. tolerating 4 changes to the delivery dates
  2. communicating my request to speak to the boss
  3. given deadline for your co to respond
  4. stating clearly that I will take other course of action.

But Sense Art chose not to “communicate”.

In case you still don’t get it, the issue is about how your company runs your business and the practices you adopt and poor customer service standards. Isn’t Renotalk a platform for consumers to seek advice and to share their good and bad experiences and highlighting good and bad company practices? I am just creating consumer awareness where Sense Art is concerned.

Based on your replies and also from other consumers’ feedback in Renotalk (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/57945-anyone-purchased-a-sofa-from-sense-art-pte-ltd/?hl=%2Bsense+%2Bart), you have admitted that your company usually cannot keep to your delivery dates and you deemed it as “normal” in running your company business and therefore no big deal. Hence it’s proven that my issue raised is genuine and backed by evidence. Hence there is no despicable act on my part and your comment is uncalled for.

If you upheld your company’s beliefs and practices are such, I have an advice for you. Please be upfront and inform your customers to be prepared for many changes to delivery dates. Then leave it to your customers to decide if they can accommodate your company’s unique practices and decide if they are still interested to buy goods from you. Be frank and open so that you do not need to evade and ignore your customers’ calls or emails when they call you or your office on non delivery of goods on agreed dates.

So low down, have to resort trickery and lame reasons to maintain even such a battered image!

Disclaimer - I am not a competitor. Not by any figment of your imagination!

If art sense feel failure to deliver is normal... Pls do not tell customer that items will be deliver on time... Pls inform them up front that item could or will be delay... Expect them to wait... If they can't wait... They dun buy... Only art sense feel delay in delivery is normal... They do not know who we house owner urgently need the item and how frustrated we are when we keep chasing for item... And the worst they do not bother to inform customer that item is delay... Instead customers are make to call up to check... As customer, do u want to have such headache after paying so much money...

To all... Unless u want headache w this company.., stay away... If better still, someone post ur story on storm to make everyone know this company so that no one get headache...