Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi greclhc, thanks for dropping by...

I also refer to the seller ratings and reviews to decide my purchases.

All the best for your shopping spree: )

Edited by dreamzgal

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I getting this Hitachi washer too. :) Happy reno. :)

Morning, folks.. hope everyone has a great weekend :D

In this post, I would share my shopping experience :P

Lighting
I bought 80% of my lightings on Taobao via Peeka.

Taobao lightings are definetely cheaper but I can only comment on the quality when shipment arrives end May.

The total savings is about 50% as I'm using sea freight.

The lights for bathroom & store cost us less than SGD$25 each & foyer light cost us less than SGD$50 as we bought on sale items from Lightcraft.

Please refer here for Foyer Light

Appliances

We did our round of shopping at fairs & at big brand stores.

For fairs, if you can accept display items, usually the price is abt $100-$200 lower but delivery is usually after the fair.

We didn't check on the payment terms as we only require delivery in June hence have to give this option a miss :unsure:

We bought most of our appliance at Gain City as we were convinced by the sales :P

Aircon is definetely from GC as we have heard about their services from friends and we also wanted to get extended warranty for the aircons.

I fell in love with a Samsung fridge as it's a design without the ugly handles but end up buying an LG one.

It works via a

which does not have any microchip that exist in most inverter appliances.

The repalcement cost of the microchip is pretty high.

20130426_App_LGFridge.JPG

And a Samsung washer becomes...

20130426_App_HitachiWasher.JPG

We were convinced by this Hitachi washer for it's eco sensor & tangle-free feature.

The eco sensor will serve hubby well as it sets the mode automatically upon detecting the load.

I shall comment later after I get to used it :)

GC also allows the flexibility of paying a deposit first and full payment upon before delivery.

Overall, rate their service 9/10. Good product knowledge and patience to listen to our requirements. :good:

Stay tuned for more...

I getting this Hitachi washer too. :) Happy reno. :)

Thanks, Niko... :P

Really admire your courage to co-ordinate the subcons on your own... :good::good::good:

And regarding the tap... hmmm... I will be 2nd to be blacklisted... keke... :notti:

How long did your tb purchases take to come?

Hi juzstapose... I go via sea frieght so it takes about 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Edited by dreamzgal

Hi folks,

Pardon me for the messy background of the photos...

I just wanna share the photos of the aircon trunking hoping that it can inspire some ideas for fellow members :rolleyes:

\20130522aircontrunkingl.jpg

Electrical rewiring starts on 28 May 2013 and pop by late last night to check on the progress.

All existing wiring is removed and the Openet cable was in good shape (I was afraid that the electrican remove the Openet wire as well... remind both contractor & ID to handle this wire with extra care)

Also found out that plastering & partition work will commence this week :yeah:

20130528plastermaterial.jpg

If there are no delay then Carpentary work will be done next week and Contractor will be able to handover 2nd week of June :yeah:

I have gear up on my packing... :ph34r:

Hi folks,

Pardon me for the messy background of the photos...

I just wanna share the photos of the aircon trunking hoping that it can inspire some ideas for fellow members :rolleyes:

\20130522aircontrunkingl.jpg

Electrical rewiring starts on 28 May 2013 and pop by late last night to check on the progress.

All existing wiring is removed and the Openet cable was in good shape (I was afraid that the electrican remove the Openet wire as well... remind both contractor & ID to handle this wire with extra care)

Also found out that plastering & partition work will commence this week :yeah:

20130528plastermaterial.jpg

If there are no delay then Carpentary work will be done next week and Contractor will be able to handover 2nd week of June :yeah:

I have gear up on my packing... :ph34r:

I'm not sure about what others think but I think there's a lot of air-con trunking around your house. Hahaha..

Anyway congrats in advance for the good progress to your reno work and early handover by the contractor! :good:

Hi Beng,

Thanks for congarts :D

Yes... I also find there's alot of trunking running around :bleah:

No choice as the MBR is tugged in a corner of the house... plus point (for me) is there are no visible trunking in the living room or rooms, most of it will be in the wardrobe :wacko: or "hidden" behind the beams.

I can only pray hard that the insulation can last me at least for 5 years, hopefully more... :P

Edited by dreamzgal

nice work coming up dreamzgal, I'm sure your home will turn out great :thumbs up: love your basin and sink. Maybe I will go hoe kee to take a look too :)

I'm quite noob in tb, do you need to go through an agent like 65daigou to ship your things over or can just order from tb?

nice work coming up dreamzgal, I'm sure your home will turn out great :thumbs up: love your basin and sink. Maybe I will go hoe kee to take a look too :)

I'm quite noob in tb, do you need to go through an agent like 65daigou to ship your things over or can just order from tb?

Hey Easter,

I was once also a noob in online purchases, especially from Taobao, so don't worry about it.

I went to create an account with Peeka and made all my Taobao purchases via Peeka. It's quite easy breezy. Perhaps you can give it a try. :thumbs up:

Thanks, keeping my fingers cross... the big picture will only surface next week after the partitions are up :ph34r:

Although Hoe Kee is not the cheapest place but I was impressed with the sales guy so decided to get most of the sanitary items from them.

Do take note about the gap between the wall and the WC hole, you will need to check with the plumber in order to get the correct WC; there are 2 types - 6" & 10" gap.

The Blanco sink & tap is having promo now... though there are cheaper granite sinks in Jalan Besar, I decided to pay more for the Blanco sink & tap as I love the alu metallic colour (aka grey)

As mentioned by Beng, just sign up for a Peeka account and the rest are quite easy.

You have to copy and paste the TB links into the Peeka website and update the shipping charges, qty, colour, size & etc.

After you have confirm all your orders, Peeka will inform you the amount to pay for deposit. Payment is via bank transfers.

Then just have to wait for the goods to arrive in their China office and shipped out to SG.

After they inform you that your items have been shipped out, you have to make the balance payment.

Then just have to wait for the goods to arrive :yeah:

Hope the simple explanation enlighten you. :blink:

Hey Easter,

I was once also a noob in online purchases, especially from Taobao, so don't worry about it.

I went to create an account with Peeka and made all my Taobao purchases via Peeka. It's quite easy breezy. Perhaps you can give it a try. :thumbs up:

wow, certainly can learn a lot here from, will go create a account and try, thanks :)

Thanks, keeping my fingers cross... the big picture will only surface next week after the partitions are up :ph34r:

Although Hoe Kee is not the cheapest place but I was impressed with the sales guy so decided to get most of the sanitary items from them.

Do take note about the gap between the wall and the WC hole, you will need to check with the plumber in order to get the correct WC; there are 2 types - 6" & 10" gap.

The Blanco sink & tap is having promo now... though there are cheaper granite sinks in Jalan Besar, I decided to pay more for the Blanco sink & tap as I love the alu metallic colour (aka grey)

As mentioned by Beng, just sign up for a Peeka account and the rest are quite easy.

You have to copy and paste the TB links into the Peeka website and update the shipping charges, qty, colour, size & etc.

After you have confirm all your orders, Peeka will inform you the amount to pay for deposit. Payment is via bank transfers.

Then just have to wait for the goods to arrive in their China office and shipped out to SG.

After they inform you that your items have been shipped out, you have to make the balance payment.

Then just have to wait for the goods to arrive :yeah:

Hope the simple explanation enlighten you. :blink:

I see, ok, ya I think the gap between the wall and the WC hole is important too, noted thanks for the explanation cheers, you guys make it more simply to understand haha :good:

Hi folks... last went to do progress check on 28 May 2013 and plastering work is in progress.

Electrical, partition & ceiling should be completed by early next week: bedroom laminate will be done next week :yeah: followed by carpentary work.

Spend half a day yesterday calling to make arrangements for delivery and check out prices from Movers.

Initially I want to enagage Helping Hands but I'm having doubts after reading a few neg. reviews :blink:

Novena is delaying the delivery of the Dining set to end of Jun 8|

I was gald that I called to confirm the delivery, otherwise I will end up with either a "no-show" or "no-Dining-set" on the agreed delivery date. :fire:

Hmmm... I guess it's better to call all parties to confirm delivery/installation in order not to wait in vain.

We are meeting ID & contractor this Sunday to confirm on the delivery timeline and handover date.

All seems to be looking good, hopefully it turns out good too.

Have a great weekend, folks :lol:

Do stay tuned for more udpates next week :lol:

02 Jun 2013

A pleasant surpise for me :D

I was worried about hanging clothes outside the house as I am so used to putting out bamboo poles with 2 holders (similar to below).

I was so excited when I saw the installation of the bamboo holder going on :yeah:

20130602hangingpole.jpg

Plastering work finally complete, the ceiling & walls are so smooth now :good:

20130602plasteringwork.jpg

Finally got the Kitchen lighting, purposely pick a simple light as I hope the focus will be on the backsplash and cabinets.

catsv1.jpg

A cheap & simple Store Room light from Lightcraft :

20130601102806v1.jpg

Spend a few hours with ID & contractor to finalise details for the work going to be carried out this week including the light switch details/locations, carpentary details, colours for the house... and many, many more :unsure: Electrical work going to commence tomorrow, follow by sanitary ware delivery & installation, partition and ceiling work, laminate flooring and carpentary work... hopefully everything is going to be smooth sailing and handover will be on time :wacko:

Edited by dreamzgal