Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rover69

Help! Can Anyone Pls Advise Me, I Need Professional Help. Thanks>.

My home was renovated about 2Years ago by ONE DESIGN WORKZ at 69 Frankel ave by the boss Garry. I paid abt 100k for the total renovation cost, before hand over he ask for the last full payment so i issue him the full payment, he issue me a 3years warranty card and told me anything went wrong before the warranty he will take care of everything. The warranty cover workmanship and materials. I move in after eight month thing start to fall apart, i call him many time, he is always full of excuses, until one day he call me to call the contractor personally to rectified the problems, to my surprise the contractor don't want to do his job anymore and i gather its all because of $$$$. And here am stuck. All my drawer when fully extended, it all have different length and some could not even close properly, some of the drawer length could be different as much as 1-1/2", they promise me a four coat Nippon weather bond wash and wear paint, but after eight the whole house paint disintegrated and become so powder when touch. So happen my neighbour house was under renovation, so i ask for a second opinion from their contractor, i was told they use the wrong length drawer track and why so fast the drawer cannot close properly, answer is the quality of the track they use was very lousy, each set cost only about $3-$6 only, and i paid them per foot for carpentry work abt $350-$500. And the best excuses for the boss GARRY is all this is due to wear and tear. And i wonder what does his warranty cover ?? I felt so cheated by this ID company and by this boss Garry. Can anyone advise me?? Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Maybe you go can to Case and raise it up or go to Small Claims Tribunal.

My home was renovated about 2Years ago by ONE DESIGN WORKZ at 69 Frankel ave by the boss Garry. I paid abt 100k for the total renovation cost, before hand over he ask for the last full payment so i issue him the full payment, he issue me a 3years warranty card and told me anything went wrong before the warranty he will take care of everything. The warranty cover workmanship and materials. I move in after eight month thing start to fall apart, i call him many time, he is always full of excuses, until one day he call me to call the contractor personally to rectified the problems, to my surprise the contractor don't want to do his job anymore and i gather its all because of $$$$. And here am stuck. All my drawer when fully extended, it all have different length and some could not even close properly, some of the drawer length could be different as much as 1-1/2", they promise me a four coat Nippon weather bond wash and wear paint, but after eight the whole house paint disintegrated and become so powder when touch. So happen my neighbour house was under renovation, so i ask for a second opinion from their contractor, i was told they use the wrong length drawer track and why so fast the drawer cannot close properly, answer is the quality of the track they use was very lousy, each set cost only about $3-$6 only, and i paid them per foot for carpentry work abt $350-$500. And the best excuses for the boss GARRY is all this is due to wear and tear. And i wonder what does his warranty cover ?? I felt so cheated by this ID company and by this boss Garry. Can anyone advise me?? Thank you.

If it all voice down to the tracks used. Sounds like a worksmanship+material issue that cover unders the so-called 3years warranty.

8mths doesnt seems too faraway either.

Sigh i feel you man..Hope the boss can be man enough to keep his customers satisified.

Woah you've got really bad luck! Paid 100k for a disaster prone reno. x.x Go to his shop and bang table daily!

tell the boss you hv posted your story online and willl file a case through the Small Claim Tribunal if he doesnt take any action

Edited by sarah833

Tks Guys.. Been down to his office many time, same reply to me am very busy now, got no time for all this. super irritating. Been down to case to make a complaint, felt that is just a wast of time, they don't guarantee me anything and furthermore i need to pay a fee of about few hundreds.. thing that made me even more mad is this ID company is registered with case, and case person say they could not do anything. If i want then sue him to court, cause if i want to claim more that 20k or more of lose, if i want to redo my 1st,2nd and 3th floor furniture. which am not sure how much chance do i stand .. that's way i need some professional advise.

Friend. Sorry to hear about what happened . But u just spent 100k. U have 1st , 2nd and 3rd floor furniture which no doubt add to the overall cost also and u are asking for professional advise on a internet forum while irritated with spending a few hundred dollars ?

If it's a matter of principles, sue them.

matter of compensation ? Sue them

I would suggest for you to seek a lawyer 's help if u can afford it, I doubt there can be much help here.

But u might be still angered over the whole incident n not calm yet.

sue them

My home was renovated about 2Years ago by ONE DESIGN WORKZ at 69 Frankel ave by the boss Garry.

From Google Street View, can really see the exterior of 69 Frankel Aveune is really terrible.

Edited by MiracleSG

Thanks mrmerry for all your suggestion. if by spending that few hundreds dollars could get to my point am glad to do that's, but the ans is no,so that's make me more irritated. sue them!

and yes thought of that, consult my lawyer, was told i may or may not be able to make them compensate. that's why i need more open advise. was advise by some friends, asking

me to go renotalk, lets others know whats happening and lets those whom are looking around for reno ID to be more mind full.