Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Resale 4Ng @ Bedok North

how 's your Samsung washing machine and fridge? I am looking for a washing machine and fridge as well and Samsung is within the radar...

They have been serving us well so.. no complaints =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
tzcb.png

we did our bed-settling on 24th aug and slowly proceeded to move in ..

one the good things about having a usb tuner: checking tv reception across multiple points using a laptop heh

bm3i.png
my bad tv reception was resolved when the electrician checked the innards of the cable he used, apparently there was manufacturer's fault..
v57o.png
all the glass came in too. by that time, we have bought a ikea hemnes shoe rack for our toiletries and towel storage hehe...
r3k5.png
saw many of these stickers and wanted to use them for the door but none of them got approved by my wife haha... anyone has good ideas for unit number please share here! the last thing i want to use is the standard homefix type eeks..
p16h.png
speaking of door, in order not to have the handle bar crashing into the shoe cabinet, i decided to have it horizontal. I am not sure if it is choice-bias but im liking the look of it lol..
yfkh.png
now that my PC and internet is up and running...i can resume renotalking!

Probably my last mega post ..

hi fellow forumers.. as my reno project draws to a close, this is probably the last mega post i can afford to share out of our humble 92 sqm worth of living space. we survived the post-reno cleaning, the auxiliary furniture assembly, the mega house warming and finally we can sort of resume with life (.. or not... there is still the wedding eeks haha)

presenting:

d4ib.png

finally, the stickers was approved! i think on hindsight we really love how it looks hehe

bought a knocking-enabled digital peephole off g-market .. nifty little gadget really.

also, liking how airy our shoe cabinet is like.

uva6.png

after hosting our house warming with the buffet tables inside our dining room, i think our home is now gathering-certified lol. good excuse to start coercing all our friends to gather at our home instead. hehe..

placed our extra pendant lamp shade (bought to guard against cracks due to peeka shipping... which didn't happen) over my storeroom lamp

and tidied up our very ... bare TV wall with cable ties bundling up the various cables.

we intend to have the blue empty wall decorated with black-bordered photo frames of various sizes and orientations...

gvzf.png

the 2 sides of our MBR. we are quite pleased with our own handiwork for the curtain-over-mirror .. loving the cute prints. over at the other end, our fortune-spot. for now its a inactive safe deposit box with our combined soft toys collection. may we have more than enough to spend and still keep the child in our hearts =)

bi16.png

our walk in wardrobe with an ikea shoe rack. however, we choose it for its slim width, makes it good for storing our towels and toiletries. the height is also rather ideal for toothbrushes...

the mornings are quite nice in that we dont have to fight with each other over basin space. and the rain shower certainly feels very luxurious heheh,...

vg1.png

our very functional kitchen. we have done some cooking already and so far we have no real complains about.. just about anything. despite it being a shortened kitchen, it still feels rather spacious. our fridge/washer/dryer placement is also very compact thus far. thank god for the dryer; given our unpredictable weather this season...

we are also thinking of printing some vinyl stickers of maybe campbell canned soup design to paste over our huge drainer pipes next to the dryer/washer...

5lvx.png

our smaller common toilet. the dragon head tap is quite a crowd pleaser haha.

AND ... thats about it folks! thanks for all the help and attention rendered so far!

Edited by NSW

likey almost every part of your hse, espy the dining area and the ceiling. reallie pretty...

the hse is very comfy too...

congrats to your completion of the hse renovation... give yourself a "big" clap.. :D

likey almost every part of your hse, espy the dining area and the ceiling. reallie pretty...

the hse is very comfy too...

congrats to your completion of the hse renovation... give yourself a "big" clap.. :D

haha thanks... I had to shift some stuff away to take the photos .. like eg some inner wear from the metal rack etc lol

but thanks :)

Hi, is that a "hot air" dryer? Did you have any duct to conduct the hot air out? If so, how do you do it?

since it runs off city gas there is hot air being exhausted, both from dryer or the instant water heater. we just open our kitchen windows and it'd be fine.

thats perhaps the functional advantage of the service yard in the latest flats but.. nah I'd like my space.

(by no means might you be a photographer?)

Probably my last mega post ..

hi fellow forumers.. as my reno project draws to a close, this is probably the last mega post i can afford to share out of our humble 92 sqm worth of living space. we survived the post-reno cleaning, the auxiliary furniture assembly, the mega house warming and finally we can sort of resume with life (.. or not... there is still the wedding eeks haha)

presenting:

d4ib.png

finally, the stickers was approved! i think on hindsight we really love how it looks hehe

bought a knocking-enabled digital peephole off g-market .. nifty little gadget really.

also, liking how airy our shoe cabinet is like.

uva6.png

after hosting our house warming with the buffet tables inside our dining room, i think our home is now gathering-certified lol. good excuse to start coercing all our friends to gather at our home instead. hehe..

placed our extra pendant lamp shade (bought to guard against cracks due to peeka shipping... which didn't happen) over my storeroom lamp

and tidied up our very ... bare TV wall with cable ties bundling up the various cables.

we intend to have the blue empty wall decorated with black-bordered photo frames of various sizes and orientations...

gvzf.png

the 2 sides of our MBR. we are quite pleased with our own handiwork for the curtain-over-mirror .. loving the cute prints. over at the other end, our fortune-spot. for now its a inactive safe deposit box with our combined soft toys collection. may we have more than enough to spend and still keep the child in our hearts =)

bi16.png

our walk in wardrobe with an ikea shoe rack. however, we choose it for its slim width, makes it good for storing our towels and toiletries. the height is also rather ideal for toothbrushes...

the mornings are quite nice in that we dont have to fight with each other over basin space. and the rain shower certainly feels very luxurious heheh,...

vg1.png

our very functional kitchen. we have done some cooking already and so far we have no real complains about.. just about anything. despite it being a shortened kitchen, it still feels rather spacious. our fridge/washer/dryer placement is also very compact thus far. thank god for the dryer; given our unpredictable weather this season...

we are also thinking of printing some vinyl stickers of maybe campbell canned soup design to paste over our huge drainer pipes next to the dryer/washer...

5lvx.png

our smaller common toilet. the dragon head tap is quite a crowd pleaser haha.

AND ... thats about it folks! thanks for all the help and attention rendered so far!

Gorgeous!

Heartiest congratulations on the completion of your reno process!!!!!!! *beam*

Hey NSW! Can u give a review on the citygas heater and dryer and your hob and hood as well? Many tks!

the dryer has been a life saver. both my wife and I work so we dont really have the luxury of monitoring weather conditions just to ensure that our clothes dry out.

it works very well and monitors the dampness to gauge the required drying time. the only time when some articles came out slightly damp still was when we overloaded beyond recommended capacity.

but really washing and big articles like our king size bed sheets and comforter is no longer a daunting task haha.

hob has been ok we havent done any deep frying yet (bought ourselves an airfryer) so it has been doing its job well.

we like our combination of fire and induction. the flexibility is there. the induction is really easy to clean up and degree of heating is easy to control.

the dryer has been a life saver. both my wife and I work so we dont really have the luxury of monitoring weather conditions just to ensure that our clothes dry out.

it works very well and monitors the dampness to gauge the required drying time. the only time when some articles came out slightly damp still was when we overloaded beyond recommended capacity.

but really washing and big articles like our king size bed sheets and comforter is no longer a daunting task haha.

hob has been ok we havent done any deep frying yet (bought ourselves an airfryer) so it has been doing its job well.

we like our combination of fire and induction. the flexibility is there. the induction is really easy to clean up and degree of heating is easy to control.

Tks for the review NSW! Now I'm more convinced to get the gas dryer. :)

Will consider the hob and hood too since my kitchen space is pathetic lol

Hi NSW,

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the living room and the study room together ? Would love to see how the 2 rooms look like from the dining area. I noticed that there are glass doors for the living room and the study room. Can you pull to "seal up" the 2 rooms ?

I understand that your study room was originally the store room. So when you expand the study room, which bedroom did you "eat" into? The current living room or the master room ?

Lastly, when you open the main door, will it hit your shoe cabniet ? What is the length of your shoe cabinet ?

Thanks.

Edited by orso

Hi NSW,

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the living room and the study room together ? Would love to see how the 2 rooms look like from the dining area. I noticed that there are glass doors for the living room and the study room. Can you pull to "seal up" the 2 rooms ?

I understand that your study room was originally the store room. So when you expand the study room, which bedroom did you "eat" into? The current living room or the master room ?

Lastly, when you open the main door, will it hit your shoe cabniet ? What is the length of your shoe cabinet ?

Thanks.

the best bets for photographs are like

hmkp.png

and
aphx.png
the glass doors divide the dining from the study+living room
the new wall eats into the current living room
there is a metal stopper which is cut to length to stop the main door when its parallel to the 1.8m length shoe cabinet http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60188-resale-4ng-bedok-north/page-3#entry811719
hope i answer all your questions..