Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AhTeo

Kitchen Back Splash - Stainless Steel, T-Glass Or Mosaic Tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have installed a caesarstone countertop in my kitchen.

I must say that it stands out from the rest of the stones like granite and marble.

You should seriously consider ceasarstone as your next countertop in your kitchen.

I think Caesarstone is a very good investment for your kitchen unless you intend to rarely use your kitchen. Its looks and quality are a class apart from other quartz tops. Can't compare to marble/granite as it would be biased. For a typical HDB kitchen, Caesarstone shouldn't cost that much more compared to other quartz. Probably about double the price of a solid top but with much better qualities. The difference in price vs the benefits will be well worth it over the course of years that it would be used.

T-glass backsplash I took the photos on the day it was installed (you can still see the masking tape)

gallery_56126_119_68672.jpg

gallery_56126_119_449.jpg

Hi, can give me your kitchen contractor contact? Like the blacksplash :good:

What colour is your caesarstone top? How much did your id charge you?

Deep Ocean caesarsatone countertop.

You can contact the vendor for the pricing of this countertop.

Caesarstone is very expensive woah... but its super durable and non-porous.

Yes yes. Its super durable. Better for a one time investment if you are looking for one.

Your tempered glass back splash is absolutely beautiful!!

Please pm me where you sourced for it send the price too?

Thank you.

best to used tinted glass instead of spray painted tempred glass , , since its very near hob area. ;)

Your tempered glass back splash is absolutely beautiful!!

Please pm me where you sourced for it send the price too?

Thank you.

Can i know which vendor you went to for the backsplash??

Can I know which contractor you hired for kitchen? Workmanship look nice :)

Hi, can give me your kitchen contractor contact? Like the blacksplash :good:

Sorry for the late reply. I did my kitchen with Earth Living. ID Paul Teo. (Not sure if ok to put contact number here. See below url for contact)

http://earthliving.com.sg/contact-us/

I think if you show him the pictures he will remember my kitchen cos i was the one who insisted on having this blue for the glass and i had a white kitchen :) If i remember correctly, the paint colour I chose was Nippon Easywash: Jewel Blue

For the glass backsplash, get a paint catalog (I used Nippon Paint cos that's what they use) and select the colour that you want. They will paint the back of the glass with the paint you've selected. Bear in mind that if you want a clear backsplash, glass has a slight greenish tinge. I don't think it will affect the colour if you use strong paint colours but if you use very light tones it may (but i'm not sure). Unfortunately the glass vendors won't do a sample piece for you so you have to accept the final product with the paint you choose. I suggest you get the sample paint cards from some of the DIY shops that sell paint and then put it up on your kitchen wall (where the glass will be) to see how it would look like.

Edited by oldboy

• Like 2

best to used tinted glass instead of spray painted tempred glass , , since its very near hob area. ;)

I don't cook every day so I don't think it will be an issue so quickly (i hope... :P)

If i remember correctly (and i might have remembered wrongly) my ID suggested tinted glass but the colours that were available were not suitable (cos i very fussy... :P) So i chose this.

Edited by oldboy

Btw the glass is 11 feet in length. It was done in 2 pieces cos otherwise it would be too long to deliver and install in my flat (HDB). If you look real carefully at one of the pictures (the one with the ceiling lights off and work lights on) you should be able to see the seam between the 2 pieces on the right. I didn't want to put the seam where the hob is cos it may collect dirt and oil.

Edited by oldboy

Sorry for the late reply. I did my kitchen with Earth Living. ID Paul Teo. (Not sure if ok to put contact number here. See below url for contact)

http://earthliving.com.sg/contact-us/

I think if you show him the pictures he will remember my kitchen cos i was the one who insisted on having this blue for the glass and i had a white kitchen :) If i remember correctly, the paint colour I chose was Nippon Easywash: Jewel Blue

For the glass backsplash, get a paint catalog (I used Nippon Paint cos that's what they use) and select the colour that you want. They will paint the back of the glass with the paint you've selected. Bear in mind that if you want a clear backsplash, glass has a slight greenish tinge. I don't think it will affect the colour if you use strong paint colours but if you use very light tones it may (but i'm not sure). Unfortunately the glass vendors won't do a sample piece for you so you have to accept the final product with the paint you choose. I suggest you get the sample paint cards from some of the DIY shops that sell paint and then put it up on your kitchen wall (where the glass will be) to see how it would look like.

yup. normal float glass etc will have a slight greenish tint which will affect the overall colour..( blue + slight green = slight purplish ?). U can opt for the crystal clear glass which is totally colourless. The colour will turn out exactly whuat u choose/ wanted.

Slightly more expensive and is readily available in the market, Just ask your ID ;)