Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartlady

Laying Of Marble @ Living Room

Hi

My contractor has layed down the cement floor and then discovered that living room hall(Marble) will be higher level than the other bedrooms( Parque flooring)..he nvr told us abt all these things in the begining of renovation..

Is it normal to have marble flooring in the living room to be on higher level than other rooms.. does it not look awkward..

We r not happy with this..can';t the marble flooring be flushed with same level as parque flooring in other bedrooms..

(changing only living room marble to new marble as had many cracksin the prev version..)

He has to lay again white cement on top of normal cement and then marble will be placed..My husb feel that he didnt do proper levelling ,may be have added lot of cement..

any advice ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant encounter. Hmm the thickness of marble is about 2cm (if im not wrong) while normal tiles are about 1cm. Since the work is in the progress. Why not try asking the contractor is there any way to level it (in order not to look ''weird'').

Do share the final experience :D

that is weird.When the cement is in, it should be clear if thickness is sufficient or too much. i will suggest you to ask him remove the cement.

mine is compressed marble and yes, my ID asked me about the level to kitchen whether to be the same...for bedrooms, he didnt ask me but it's automated same level as living room...i have assumed it's supposed to be same level...if not, a bit weird...no?

mine is compressed marble and yes, my ID asked me about the level to kitchen whether to be the same...for bedrooms, he didnt ask me but it's automated same level as living room...i have assumed it's supposed to be same level...if not, a bit weird...no?

my husb also said its weird..it has to be levelled with other rooms.. he has told him to remove the cement...

is your parquet newly laid by the same contractor or existing old parquet floor?

i believed should be exisiting...if not, the floor should be all level easily since all newly laid.

only exisiting will have this issue of trying to level same level as bedrooms.

is your parquet newly laid by the same contractor or existing old parque

condo is 13 yrs old.. developer did parquet for 3 bedrooms and marble for living room. The whole condo have this same problem that marble has lot of cracks.. so we decided to change the living rm with marble..and parque when tested found that the quality is quite good..so contractor advised us to keep the parque as it is and juat changed the living hall

condo is 13 yrs old.. developer did parquet for 3 bedrooms and marble for living room. The whole condo have this same problem that marble has lot of cracks.. so we decided to change the living rm with marble..and parque when tested found that the quality is quite good..so contractor advised us to keep the parque as it is and juat changed the living hall

hey there,

yours is 13 years..mine is 15...same same old....except my living room was some sort of tiles.

weird that marble has cracks...i thought marble is durable? :dunno:

same thing....asked my ID, he tested and said can keep parquet..

Next week he says he will dig n show us how much cement he has layer to prove us that its not his workmanship but its the developer..or the leveling Cant be matched due to the old marble size being thin..

Don't worry, it's normal. My condo had compressed marble previously and when I bought resale, changing to marble resulted in only the master bedroom not level. The tiler should be able to 'skim' the marble creating a''slope' into the room. Though not perfect nut it's still not discernible to he naked eyes (but of course our feet can feel it).

It's normal for marbles to develop cracks over time. These things are natural, they do weather and age coupled with our tropical climate. In ang mo countries, these are termed 'patina' and highly sought after or their looks. If ou want really durable, easy maintain marble-like tiles, try caserstone, they had started making floor wall tiles other than kitchen top. They are a type of resin (marble mixed, similar to compressed marble) and hardy but cost an arm/leg.

Don't worry, it's normal. My condo had compressed marble previously and when I bought resale, changing to marble resulted in only the master bedroom not level. The tiler should be able to 'skim' the marble creating a''slope' into the room. Though not perfect nut it's still not discernible to he naked eyes (but of course our feet can feel it).

It's normal for marbles to develop cracks over time. These things are natural, they do weather and age coupled with our tropical climate. In ang mo countries, these are termed 'patina' and highly sought after or their looks. If ou want really durable, easy maintain marble-like tiles, try caserstone, they had started making floor wall tiles other than kitchen top. They are a type of resin (marble mixed, similar to compressed marble) and hardy but cost an arm/leg.

Hi Palin

I choose marble for my living hall.what is compressed marble .

How is it look like.My ID want to bring me to view the materials

at sugei kadut.