Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TWTOwner

Renovation Journey

Dear all,

Since I have benefitted from all the valuable ideas here, I thought I should also contribute some ideas to the community. :-)

First of all this is my floor plan.

Layout Plan

After scouting and meeting up with all the IDs/contractor, we finally decided on the ID which we thought is trust worthy(keeping my fingers cross). One thing to note is that he is not the one with the cheapest quote, in fact, his quote is among the few highest. :-(
Reason that we choose him is because he is the only one that is willing to show us some design before committing. He is also able to draw a sketch of the 3 D diagram of how the things he proposed will look like. Since the price difference is around 2k between him and the lowest, we decided to engage him as we know what we will be getting for what we paid. Hopefully everything turns out well....
Edited by TWTOwner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey TWTOwner! Welcome to RT!

You're right about the selection of ID! Lowest price doesn't mean the best. I have also chosen an ID whose quote is not the lowest because I felt that workmanship and quality are much important factor in the renovation.

Anyway hope you'll have a smooth reno journey!

Looking forward to seeing pictures from you!

Cheers! :good:

Thanks HL85 and Bengologist. :-)

Pardon me if the pictures are not very well taken. Here goes:

Main Entrance

View of Main Entrance From Kitchen

Kitchen View from Living

Kitchen Area from the Living Room

Kitchen Area

Kitchen Area view from the Main Entrance

Living Area

Living Room

Walkway

Walkway to bedrooms

Child's Room

Child's Room

Parent's Room

Parents Room

Master Bedroom

MBR Entrance

View from MBR

MBR

To be frank, I am a bit disappointed at the size of the bedrooms. It is so small......

Here is the finalised 3D diagram from my ID.

living V2

Kitchen Area - the piece of divider is not my ID's idea. It is the consequential results of Feng Sui, so my ID is only doing damage control and try to make things look better.

living

Living Room

bedroom2

This is what makes me decide to go with my ID. I simply love the way the bunk bed looks.
Not sure whether it is ok to post price here, so I better dun reveal how much is the cost. Some of you may be wondering why I did not post the selection process of the ID. Well, I thought that is partially related to personal preference and since may affect the IDs, I shall not reveal what happens during the process. :no:
However, if at the end of the renovation and the effect is good, I am more willing to share my ID's contact with you, provided he does a good job. :good:

As I am quite lazy, I decided not to use crystal lightings for my living, I choose this instead.

Flora Lamp

Initially I wanted to have a fan at the balcony, but all the fans that I have chosen is too big and I have just decided to use downlight throughout my unit. This is how the light looks like.

Led downlight

It is a philips Down light and I bought it as it is having promotion.

Thanks HL85 and Bengologist. :-)

Pardon me if the pictures are not very well taken. Here goes:

View of Main Entrance From Kitchen

Kitchen Area from the Living Room

Kitchen Area view from the Main Entrance

Living Room
Walkway to bedrooms
Child's Room

Parents Room

MBR Entrance

MBR

To be frank, I am a bit disappointed at the size of the bedrooms. It is so small......

Don't mention it! Those are very well-taken pictures!

Yup, I agree with you. Be it condo or HDB, all the new designs have very small rooms but the prices are ever-increasing. We are paying for smaller spaces. :curse:

Here is the finalised 3D diagram from my ID.

Kitchen Area - the piece of divider is not my ID's idea. It is the consequential results of Feng Sui, so my ID is only doing damage control and try to make things look better.
Living Room
This is what makes me decide to go with my ID. I simply love the way the bunk bed looks.
Not sure whether it is ok to post price here, so I better dun reveal how much is the cost. Some of you may be wondering why I did not post the selection process of the ID. Well, I thought that is partially related to personal preference and since may affect the IDs, I shall not reveal what happens during the process. :no:
However, if at the end of the renovation and the effect is good, I am more willing to share my ID's contact with you, provided he does a good job. :good:

Very gorgeous 3D design! Hope that your renovated place will look exactly the same!

Cheers! :jammin:

Hi all,

me bad, one week never update....

Choo2Kings, the overall charges is about 29k, electrical works are not included. Things that are included are:

1. TV feature wall cum fridge cabinet at the dining area.

2. Cushion seats at the bay window of the dining area, Bedroom2 and MBR.

3. Full height and length TV console/feature wall cum storage at the living area.

4. Shifting and re-erecting of the wardrobe at bedroom2.

5. Custom made bunk bed at bedroom2.

6. Half height TV console at MBR.

7. False ceiling for whole unit.

8. Timber cover for the planter area at both the balcony.

9. Divider at dining area.

10. Altar

I would say the price is a bit ex...

Edited by TWTOwner

Actually the renovation started last week, here are some of the photo taken before I disappear. :disturb:

Work started 1

Dining Area

Work started 2

Walkway

Work started 3

Living Area

Work started 4

Living Area

Work started 5

Bedroom2

Work started 6

Bedroom2

Work started 8

MBR
Edited by TWTOwner

I have also engage Vincent for the curtain. Hopefully the results are good. Today they finally completed the False Ceiling and painting will start tomorrow. :D

Hi all,

me bad, one week never update....

Choo2Kings, the overall charges is about 29k, electrical works are not included. Things that are included are:

1. TV feature wall cum fridge cabinet at the dining area.

2. Cushion seats at the bay window of the dining area, Bedroom2 and MBR.

3. Full height and length TV console/feature wall cum storage at the living area.

4. Shifting and re-erecting of the wardrobe at bedroom2.

5. Custom made bunk bed at bedroom2.

6. Half height TV console at MBR.

7. False ceiling for whole unit.

8. Timber cover for the planter area at both the balcony.

9. Divider at dining area.

10. Altar

I would say the price is a bit ex...

Hmmm.. I have looked through the list and I think $29k is a decent quote, especially since your renovation involves quite a lot of carpentry work, which are usually the expensive component of renovation.

You can try to negotiate with your ID to provide discount? Hahaha... :notti:

Finally the false ceiling is completed.

1 BR2

Bay Window at BR2

2 BR2

Ceiling at BR2

7 BR2

Relocation of the wardrobe

3 MBR

MBR

4 MBR

MBR