Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Easter

Our Cosy Place In Sengkang :)

PS. Buying from china taobao website require at least 2-3 weeks time for the shipping, if you are in a rush to use this items for your reno, then better don't take the risk :)

Because air delivery is very expensive

Just an estimate of how much more expensive, before i forget the numbers.

I am shipping in 3 sinks, rain shower, shower sets, coffee table, taps, lights... a huge shipment. of 50+ items. As i am a bit kan cheong (my contractor wants to wrap up before the lunar 7th month) i left a message on the peeka order page that I would like to be notified about the costs of express-7 day shipping and express 3-day shipping .. willing to top up extra if the difference isnt too big.

Economy shipping (2weeks) costs $277

7-day will set me back $1600

3-day will cost $2700, literally an arm and a leg (my nett purchases only amount to $1500+ SGD)

but yes another vote for the quality of service of peeka... now i just hope that the purchases can arrive intact, safe and sound..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

easter, very nicely done. :jammin:

Thanks alfredt :D

Very nice!

thanks jnashville, looking to see your T-blog too :)

Just an estimate of how much more expensive, before i forget the numbers.

I am shipping in 3 sinks, rain shower, shower sets, coffee table, taps, lights... a huge shipment. of 50+ items. As i am a bit kan cheong (my contractor wants to wrap up before the lunar 7th month) i left a message on the peeka order page that I would like to be notified about the costs of express-7 day shipping and express 3-day shipping .. willing to top up extra if the difference isnt too big.

Economy shipping (2weeks) costs $277

7-day will set me back $1600

3-day will cost $2700, literally an arm and a leg (my nett purchases only amount to $1500+ SGD)

but yes another vote for the quality of service of peeka... now i just hope that the purchases can arrive intact, safe and sound..

yes! very scary, I learnt my lesson when I did my 2nd batch of ordering haha. First batch only pay around $70 plus shipping for so many items. 2nd batch I bought much lesser stuffs but I need it more urgently didn't find out properly and choose the 7 Days option and end up paying around $190+ for shipping zzz.

No worries, should be fine, peeka also do their own inspection at their delivery centre to double check item before sending over to us. My hanging light got a damage edge and they liased with the seller and send me one for free including shipping.

Hi all, I have not receive my keys to my new home but HDB already notify me to go down and apply for HLE letter next month.

I saw on other renovation forum on tips to engaging painter’s service and just wanted to share with all. They are many grade of paint in market and painter’s quote the top paint quality but uses the low end paint. Advice is to purchase the paint on your own and then ask for painter’s service fee to ensure you get long lasting wall.

Do a Google search for paint wholesaler and supplier Singapore and a list of paint shop will pop out.

I think the nearest for us is the one at Defu lane 10, Blk 1.

Looking forward to my turn to receiving my key! Very excited!

Hi all, I have not receive my keys to my new home but HDB already notify me to go down and apply for HLE letter next month.

I saw on other renovation forum on tips to engaging painter’s service and just wanted to share with all. They are many grade of paint in market and painter’s quote the top paint quality but uses the low end paint. Advice is to purchase the paint on your own and then ask for painter’s service fee to ensure you get long lasting wall.

Do a Google search for paint wholesaler and supplier Singapore and a list of paint shop will pop out.

I think the nearest for us is the one at Defu lane 10, Blk 1.

Looking forward to my turn to receiving my key! Very excited!

thanks Kelly, it is very informative, but I didn't have the time to buy so just leave it to them. I think still ok, they brought along the paints (I'm using odourless and easy wash) along when I was around. The leftover is still in my bomb shelter hehe.

Acid wash was done and everything was restored to move in condition. Check thoroughly and realise there is still some minor rectification needed like paint touch up on certain areas, some electrical cable consealing etc.. Will be arranging to finish by next Tuesday.

Meanwhile , more loots from taobao arrived to keep us busy assembling in the empty house :notti:

loots2_zpsf4637acb.jpeg

love the wooden legs chair for our study room, very comfortable material too

chair_zps15dc9a0e.jpeg

the completed work :) The temp solution in our living room before our sofa and furnishing arrive

featurewall_zpsf6d65063.jpg

the completed tv feature wall with dauphine grey background. Haha the wires are all over, just managed to organise them neatly just now.

That's all for now, will be busy with the moving in progress, so will update again once everything is settle down.

Acid wash was done and everything was restored to move in condition. Check thoroughly and realise there is still some minor rectification needed like paint touch up on certain areas, some electrical cable consealing etc.. Will be arranging to finish by next Tuesday.

Meanwhile , more loots from taobao arrived to keep us busy assembling in the empty house :notti:

loots2_zpsf4637acb.jpeg

love the wooden legs chair for our study room, very comfortable material too

chair_zps15dc9a0e.jpeg

the completed work :) The temp solution in our living room before our sofa and furnishing arrive

featurewall_zpsf6d65063.jpg

the completed tv feature wall with dauphine grey background. Haha the wires are all over, just managed to organise them neatly just now.

That's all for now, will be busy with the moving in progress, so will update again once everything is settle down.

Wow! The TV feature wall is really awesome! It really look fantastic, especially with all the wires hidden! Now I gotta slap myself for removing the "TV Feature Wall & Console" items from the renovation list. Hahaha! :lol:

Have you moved into your new house? :P

Dear Easter,

I am also getting my 4 room flat soon..can PM me your contractor, may i know the renovation cost that you paid for your flat? thanks!

Regards,

Felicia

thank you beng, it took us quite some time before we take the plunge to do it too haha, ya lo budget is everyone concern when comes to renovation. We keep reviewing our costs so not to burst our pocket because still have to spend on furnishing too. Thankfully we got quite a good and reasonable rate. Will update once there are more changes :)

ya, honeykitty. I saw your 3D drawing, I think your turn out effect is gonna be good too, looking forward to see more updates from you :D

Hi, I noticed u got the rinnai hood, RH-90ER. whats your experience so far?

Hi greglhc, I haven't officially move in yet, didn't do heavy cooking yet, so can't comment much. I realise that the suction power is very strong when I tried as compared to slim type of hood that my sister house is using, though it look much more bulkier, only I put it to more test will update you again :)

Nice lights!!!!

I like the fact that the lights manage to create a warm and inviting space!!!:thumbs up:

Thanks zihui :) ya, the effect was above my expectation too. I am glad that everything turns out quite well :yamseng:

Hi easter do u have the link for the small box in between the 2 chair.

Hi lastkopek, that small box is actually a ottoman for the dressing table in the MBR. The link is here

Wow! The TV feature wall is really awesome! It really look fantastic, especially with all the wires hidden! Now I gotta slap myself for removing the "TV Feature Wall & Console" items from the renovation list. Hahaha! :lol:

Have you moved into your new house? :P

haha, thanks beng :) ya I like that the cables all this can be hide properly, you can include a feature wall in your next project :D

Not yet moved in, supposing to move in on Monday but abit rushed, so we push it to this coming sunday, can't wait to stay in our new nest too :yamseng:

Dear Easter,

I am also getting my 4 room flat soon..can PM me your contractor, may i know the renovation cost that you paid for your flat? thanks!

Regards,

Felicia

thank you beng, it took us quite some time before we take the plunge to do it too haha, ya lo budget is everyone concern when comes to renovation. We keep reviewing our costs so not to burst our pocket because still have to spend on furnishing too. Thankfully we got quite a good and reasonable rate. Will update once there are more changes :)

ya, honeykitty. I saw your 3D drawing, I think your turn out effect is gonna be good too, looking forward to see more updates from you :D

Hi Felicia, sorry I missed out on your post previously, I sent you a PM le :yamseng:

Hi Easter, I like your simple and clean cut design! do you mind to pm me the estimated cost of your reno and your ID/ contractor? Thanks a millions!

continued...

Living room lights, love the cove light ambience, the LED downlights also works very well, they are bright but not glaring.

IMG_3269_zps8d2fcf79.jpg

TV feature wall light, quite cool. Will be using it when we are watching movies and off all other lights except this :D

Hi, your LED downlight looks good! So far how's the reliability of your Tmall sourced LED downlight?

My ID planned 29 downlight for my new place! :~ It would have cost a bomb to get 12W LED downlight in Singapore. I walked into a shop and was quoted $136! :sport-smiley-018: