Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 13

Aircon trunking done. Electrical wirings done.

Things have been moving slow last week as tiler wasn't available, schedule too packed. Pending tiling works to start tomorrow.

Kitchen wall tile selected

B6E3483B-FA46-4752-94D2-8EC02290EA18-590

Taobao stuffs for kitchen, bathroom and lightings have reached the previous weekend. All electrical stuffs will be delivered this weekend.

Have also bought our main kitchen appliances. :P

Hitachi Fridge

947FA033-45E5-4B39-941F-2C780717EEA9-590

Bosch Oven

D1F9C454-A8C8-4D24-B5AC-39B5110C709B-590

Electrolux Hob

A7D210AF-D9C5-407E-9818-E7AB1F329DD1-590

Intending to get a Rinnai Chimney Hood from fellow forumer Zero.

get a quotyation frm Mega disc store @ united square by just calling them.. They match the price n still lower than what Mr Zero offers..

Day 19

Kitchen wall tiles up. Laying small tiles is really tough work.

EC68388A-3F6B-4AB9-BCE3-40802E062D99-253

Floor tiles partially up. Exactly the color we wanted.

F696C6DD-6D4B-4A85-AEED-F44D36818DF2-253

49809BA2-6DE1-4383-A668-CDFF99663D42-253

Happy that the look is coming together!

Also bought toilet bowls and water heater from GR Link @ Jalan Besar. Did not comb Jalan Besar, we just zoomed into this store and bought since everyone said the prices at this store is really competitive already.

Arino Caprio 1-PC & Baron 1-PC WC which looks exactly the same as Caprio.

Baron has a new wc which looks exactly like Caprio but 2 ticks water efficiency, guessing the flush will be stronger, so we got that for the common bathroom.

3D95EE9F-7D55-42AA-A722-0BD52E90D26D-452

Was recommended Ferroli 30L water heater. No preference on Ariston, Joven or Ferroli.

So just got this since it looks pleasing. But seems like not many are using brand of heater.

1ED85C73-4ABB-4FEC-B8ED-222A81D084BB-452

Edited by mrsyap

Hi, since you hack the service yard wall, did HDB say you need to get a PE to endorse it, or something like that?

Hi, since you hack the service yard wall, did HDB say you need to get a PE to endorse it, or something like that?

Seems like a popular qns isn't it? Haha...yes HDB said need PE endorsement, so contractor did as told.

Technically, as long as the floorplan doesn't show a bold black line, the wall is hackable. But like some renotalkers here have mentioned, there may be a beam on top of that technically hackable wall, so it means you can't hack the whole thing and must leave the beam untouched.

We had so much trouble getting HDB to approve one wall that was clearly hackable - no bold black line, no beam. HDB officer insisted we had to get a PE to endorse. Quite a few renotalkers here advise that HDB officers give less trouble when homeowners call themselves to "make noise". We got the officer's number from our ID and called him ourselves. After some to and fro (and much insisting that it makes no sense we pay a few hundreds just to hack a wall that obviously can be hacked), it worked!

No PE needed. Wall hacked. Of course, it depends on whether you want to call yourself to make a fuss :P

Haha wow summersann....I didn't know this is possible! HDB held back the permit and my contractor just advised us to go ahead with the PE and then we just wanted to start reno quickly. :)

But just really nice to save a couple of hundreds.

Technically, as long as the floorplan doesn't show a bold black line, the wall is hackable. But like some renotalkers here have mentioned, there may be a beam on top of that technically hackable wall, so it means you can't hack the whole thing and must leave the beam untouched.

We had so much trouble getting HDB to approve one wall that was clearly hackable - no bold black line, no beam. HDB officer insisted we had to get a PE to endorse. Quite a few renotalkers here advise that HDB officers give less trouble when homeowners call themselves to "make noise". We got the officer's number from our ID and called him ourselves. After some to and fro (and much insisting that it makes no sense we pay a few hundreds just to hack a wall that obviously can be hacked), it worked!

No PE needed. Wall hacked. Of course, it depends on whether you want to call yourself to make a fuss :P

Sometimes there are "hackable" walls which seem to protrude out more than usual (discounting the upper support beam, those are strictly no-no's for hacking) and such walls often contain metal-skeletal innards. I have just one small segment of this and because of that need to engage PE already...

NPNT so this is it:

6tdi.jpg
Edited by NSW

Ok, I think this means need PE endorsement unless I can talk my way out of with the HDB people. 2 sections which I am thinking of hacking - top half of the kitchen wall facing the dinning area so that the kitchen will have more light and visible (my flat is on a different plan - that wall is hack-able from floor plan) and the service yard wall (which include the doors and windows leaving the bottom part of wall intact).

I guess I need to wait to for it to be build, and get my keys before finalise the plans... Ha Ha.. Yes I am very early - I don't know why I am so anxious to start!!!! Could wait 2 more years before I worry about it, but it means I got more time to mull over the design... and more importantly, to save more - At the rate this is going, I wonder 50K is enough to do everything (which includes furniture and appliances, and what-nots)

Finally some updates. Carpentry came yday but there were some problems of gas pipe placement and water pipes painting so it couldn't be completely fixed yet. Kitchen is fully fitted with Blum runners, indeed a far cry from my toilet drawers which aren't fitted with Blum.

0F3A12AB-F7A6-4C02-BDEB-5BE5DFA865A6-770

C6222B7D-7C42-4554-A487-1DA64C0B080E-770

Pending toilet cabinets and shoe cabinet to be fixed. The carpentry is truly beautiful. Tried hard to spot but only spotted a few scratches, probably kena during installation. but it was awesome work, so impressed with the precision of it!