Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissryl

Embarking On Our Nest

Went to get home appliances and lightings today!

So I will be getting track lights for kitchen! woohooo! ID spot on with his suggestion to my idea. Hubby gave in. (i won) :sport-smiley-018:

Didn't get that today. Gotta head my way down to balstier one day.

Damage to wallet!!!

3gv5.jpg

ignore the honeywell, not part of the damage today but ya, it's gonna be at the new house too!

So for appliances, bought my bread toaster, iron, vacuum cleaner, steam cleaner!

Lightings, got a chandelier for master bedroom, 2 normal for bedroom, one dining light, 2 toilet lights...

Jason Young of Philips attended to us, patient guy who joke with us and yet still answered all of our questions with no annoyance at all.

Thumbs up for him! shall write in my compliment letter for him!

chandelier

et1k.jpg

i wanted to get to get this for future bb room! but worried that it will be too kiddish!

so in the end didnt get it. awww

x2tf.jpg

and dining lights!

similar cover but in a straight row!

hw6q.jpg

happy with my buys today!

Wanted to get the other chandelier at the back of the pic. But Jason advised against it, cause it will turn yellowish. oh well. practicality taken into consideration! ;)

Edited by kissryl

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After lightings, met roy to re-select my tiles for common toilet.

Ended up changing my grey wall tiles to a brighter grey, and having a white feature wall! woots. in love with my tiles! Also gonna have mosaic... *grins* :good:

Changed to this!

dzp7.jpg

he had suggested this! but don't really like it

o75i.jpg

still prefer something like this! with a main feature wall =)

dmua.jpg\

and this..

k8ib.jpg

I still havent get my 3d drawing. Was told he will chase the designer for it. Roy also said that he will give us a schedule. LOL.

His new staff is helping to oversee our project and help to bug him on it at times. good for us i guess! hahaha.

He also showed us how well the wall was hacked without hurting my living room tiles. Can see he is very satisfied with his workers. hahaha. of course, i did tell him that it is indeed a job well done! Shall take a close up photos to show u all. =))

Gonna bomb this page today. hahaha :dancingqueen:

had been shopping for appliances ongoing - trips to Mustafa, best denki, etronin.. A lot of trips to Mustafa!!!!

and i kinda mixed up the pictures, so i can't recall which pic is of best denki and mustafa. sorry peeps!

Ok so i shall post pictures of fridge first.

FRIDGE

Hitachi

1tp2.jpg

Full image of Toshiba

dtw3.jpg

jf3e.jpg

mitsubishi

cooz.jpg

715m.jpg

t9jg.jpg

Samsung Fridge

ebf5.jpg

7gb3.jpg

x3zi.jpg

vywy.jpg

Best Denki staff told us that samsung two door fridge is better than any other brands because the two separate storage areas have individual air flow system. Try slamming the door hard and you will realise that the other door does not move at all.

Indeed, tried for both samsung and LG. LG's door will move!

Might not be taking 2 door fridge tho, too big for two and I have lesser top to work on.

To discuss further on this!

sYawns. I have never been so hardworking putting all these down. Havent even finish my wedding photos editing and yet I'm blogging all these. HAHA.

Now, should be last post or probably 2nd last of the day, anything that I've snapped

se2b.jpg

Tv.. now considering if we should just get one without 3d to save on costs. How?

Bosch waster filter. Like this sleek look, but cumbersome to refill. Only 2 litres storage...

tlja.jpg

And I like this! Nescafe Dolce Gusto. (dunno if i got the name right)

Home made green tea latte and hot chocolate???

1q1l.jpg

water oven!!! initially set my eye on this. But looks like gotta cut this out of my budget. bummer.

x6oy.jpg

cmjd.jpg

washing machine

this is likely to be on the confirm buy list.

Hub not keen to get inverter, says no point since for washing machine you won't switch it on as much as compared to fridge (every day). Thus, you only save like 20-50cents each time you switch it on for laundry yet you are paying $300 more at least at one go. No point.

qnw8.jpg

9qz4.jpg

Saw these items at song cho! Well-known for its stainless steel properties... But also really expensive! omg.

14l2.jpg

hnfl.jpg

xo23.jpg

x3hh.jpg

No idea if i should splurge and get from song-cho or should I just get it from taobao/ royal franco/hoe kee/ heritage bathroom gallery...

sYawns. I have never been so hardworking putting all these down. Havent even finish my wedding photos editing and yet I'm blogging all these. HAHA.

Now, should be last post or probably 2nd last of the day, anything that I've snapped

se2b.jpg

Tv.. now considering if we should just get one without 3d to save on costs. How?

Bosch waster filter. Like this sleek look, but cumbersome to refill. Only 2 litres storage...

tlja.jpg

And I like this! Nescafe Dolce Gusto. (dunno if i got the name right)

Home made green tea latte and hot chocolate???

1q1l.jpg

water oven!!! initially set my eye on this. But looks like gotta cut this out of my budget. bummer.

x6oy.jpg

cmjd.jpg

Wow! You are really getting on hands on lots of purchases this week, guess your wallet is crying for help! Hahaha! :lol:

Anyway for the Nescafe Dolce Gusto, my advice is don't get this model at all :no:. The reason is that my office also have this coffee maker but apparently it's difficult to brew a proper cup of aromatic coffee. Need a lot of personal judgment on the liquid flow as this machine do not automatically stop the "liquid flow" once the right mixture of coffee+milk+water is reached. Hahaha.. It's your choice but think twice before buying. :rolleyes:

Bengologist, ya! wallet really crying for help! hahaha :help:

And i still need to get my track lights, cove lights and T5! Looking at list to buy is scary. lol :deal:

I was thinknig of getting it cos nespresso can't do green tea latte. haha.

maybe should strike this off the list too, thanks for letting me know!

met roy again to discuss on the tils layout for kitchen and two toilets.

Again, his designer say tomorrow for 3d image. Urm, thinking a little too long right! :wacko:

Shall start chasing him tomorrow for my 3d.

anyway he drew on the wall to inform the tiler and serve as a reminder to tiler. M'sian uncle call Ong. LOL.

SO this is the drawing of common toilet

fkix.jpg

White feature wall for shower area, mosaic tiles will line the side of feature. Black tiles for floor, and doing step down instead of kerb.

As for master bedroom, Roy says he wanna do something different from Common bath, so the feature wall tiles will be at the wall where the toilet bowl is...

ahff.jpg

The mosiac tiles will then be where the shower is.

I really can't picture if it looks good :(

Fingers crossed..

Anyway for the Nescafe Dolce Gusto, my advice is don't get this model at all :no:. The reason is that my office also have this coffee maker but apparently it's difficult to brew a proper cup of aromatic coffee. Need a lot of personal judgment on the liquid flow as this machine do not automatically stop the "liquid flow" once the right mixture of coffee+milk+water is reached. Hahaha.. It's your choice but think twice before buying. :rolleyes:

I think you are referring to the other manual model. This model in the picture it's the automatic one. Choose the water level according to what the capsule tells you and it will cut off when it's at the selected level.

Ah so thats how the auto one works? Miraclesg, u have one at home??

Is it good? Hehe! :D

I almost gotten one but manage to convince myself that these capsules are just repackaged 3-in-1. :D

anyway missed out few things,

we discussed on glass panels for our kitchen as well.

My original idea way back was to have half glass wall. Cause kitchen is super dark.

BUT, kitchen is also super warm!

So, idea gone, wall hacked in full.

Then I thought of this idea where by I can have two small panels of glass and probably able to have the sliding door somewhere. But, ID pointed out it is not do-able - there is no where to slide the glass into!

ignl.jpg

so ID suggested fixed panel at left side of wall... But, to us that serves no purpose and no difference to the wall that was there earlier.

The kitchen will be bright but it will be really warm.

9j81.png

Sliding glass doow will slide into the fixed panel... But.. very hot right? haiz.

zae4.jpg

Anyway I drew this myself.LOL.

Hubby then suggested if we could have all sliding, that is two sliding doors interlocked, the doors will be kept beside the fridge?

vrij.png

Again my own drawing to explain. But this will, when we pull the sliding glass doors out, the black tiles will show.

Why so headache huh? Hubby think this is the best option tho.

We can keep our kitchen open concept, yet when we want to cook, we can just pull the sliding glass doors.

t3mt.jpg