Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissryl

Embarking On Our Nest

also, the are of hacked wall..

Roy says he will put a thin metal piece in between. *shrugs* should look ok i guess

x4wz.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my excitement has sorta died down!

More things to ponder over... :jawdrop:

i also have my 3d drawings. but... just for plain reference i guess..

I'm not having feature wall!! :angry2:

My quartz top is also white!! and my glass panels are clear glass!!

ok I'm ranting already. ahahhahaha.

dv66.jpg

rnyl.jpg

3bv9.jpg

The work for toilet looks horrendous. LOL. I'm not getting this kind of tiles but ok la, I admit. Tiles doesnt matter. I just need to confirm that the vanity is ok..

Will be changing the color of vanity tho..

biv3.jpg

my excitement has sorta died down!

More things to ponder over... :jawdrop:

i also have my 3d drawings. but... just for plain reference i guess..

I'm not having feature wall!! :angry2:

My quartz top is also white!! and my glass panels are clear glass!!

ok I'm ranting already. ahahhahaha.

dv66.jpg

rnyl.jpg

3bv9.jpg

The work for toilet looks horrendous. LOL. I'm not getting this kind of tiles but ok la, I admit. Tiles doesnt matter. I just need to confirm that the vanity is ok..

Will be changing the color of vanity tho..

biv3.jpg

Wow! Your 3D drawings look impressive! :good:

However, it's pretty similar to my case where the ID didn't put in enough effort to make sure that the 3D drawings resemble something of the final product. My first 3D drawing of the living hall was totally incorrect (I'm glad that the 3D drawing for my kitchen was excellent) and even after I corrected the ID with the right details, the second 3D drawing is still incorrect but I did not bother much since the renovation is already at the halfway mark.

Well, ask your ID to redo them and give you a proper one. :rolleyes:

Hello Bengologist! haha..

Ya lo, i'm so gonna bug my id leh... LOL!

the kitchen one is ok, the altar is ok.. :good: but not for living and toilet.. :no: and I have not gotten the 3d drawings for my wardrobes too. ....

tonight will confirm on the kind of console we want, and toilet too.

then ask for revised 3d for these two.

the cabinets like a little wrong for kitchen too..

shall go check out blum webby to see, remember below stove should have pull out drawers or what? hahaha..

Few things on my mind now!

Wanted to buy my stuff from taobao. But.... seems even safer to get from Malaysia, JB than taobao.

At least I get to see the stuff I want and M'sia is easier to reach than China.

HAHAHA.

So I was looking through, fellow peeps have bought some. Here are some of my choices.

Lorenzo Furniture

Address: GINOVA MARKETING SDN BHD
21 Jalan TSB 8 Taman Industri Sg. Buloh
47000 Sg. Buloh
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Fax: (603) 6157 2795

Address: No 1 Jalan Waja 5,

Kawasan Perindustrian Pandan,

81100 Johor Bahru.

( on Jalan Tebrau before Carrefour)

Miva Creation

Address: 2A, Jalan Ampang Hilir

68000 Ampang Ampang, Malaysia

Rustica (Ros Merah)
Address: 33 Jalan Rosmerah 2/8,

Taman Johor Jaya

Tan Furniture

Add: 57, 59, 61, 63, Jalan Bentara 20,

Taman Ungku Tun Aminah,

81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.

Hup Lee Home

Address: 62-68 JALAN DEDAP 4,
TAMAN JOHOR JAYA,
81100 JOHOR BAHRU,
JOHOR, MALAYSIA.

Soonly Ann

Add: No 36,38 &40

Jalan Gaya 28,

Taman Gaya,

81800 Ulu Tiram

Johor, Malaysia

Not confirm that I will be getting from them, cause I do see that some reviewed and say that price doesn't differ much. Especially like Lorenzo etc.

Maybe can check out defu first~

Also need to get bathroom accessories soon, my choice is Heritage bathroom gallery!

think their stuff are pretty reasonable i guess.. =) I might be getting a ready-made vanity cabinet from Hoe Kee too!

Our Layout. I will be hacking away the kitchen door, and extending the wall facing the main door.

A little superstitious here - Do not like it when I open the main door and I see the kitchen windows!

Re-doing up the kitchen and 2 toilets, built in wardrobes for 2 rooms and just TV console.

736floorplanedit.jpg

LOL - have the same floor plan as yours.

i shall post mine in another thread once the reno nightmare ends for me.

Edited by bsg

Dad went up to help check on the progress yesterday and spoke to the tiler.

Dad wanted him to do the tiles aligned. i.e, wall tiles and floor tiles aligned.

Tiler says need to add money and will ask the ID.

Minutes later, ID called to say that they usually do not align but he can do it if we want to.

However, the groutings will not be the same. Which means, some groutings might be thicker or thinner.

Kept my eyes opened on what it really means and realised - a lot areas are aligned outside. even for my office toilet.

qdsj.jpg

Image of my office toilet, this is what it means by aligning the tiles and groutings.

Chinese is call xian dui xian.

Not sure if I'm the only one who just got to know about this.

After discussion with hub. think that we should keep it aligned.

Shall update ID and see what he says.

Dad says that it shouldn't cost more, because all tiler needs to do is to use a laser and ensure it is aligned.

Thank god dad knows such stuff, really.

Oh, and about the toilet pipings.

still not sure if i should change to copper pipes. extra $$ again. Haiz.

Stainless steel rusts, if you all are not aware.

shall think through this as well........

I think you are referring to the other manual model. This model in the picture it's the automatic one. Choose the water level according to what the capsule tells you and it will cut off when it's at the selected level.

Ohhhh.. I didn't know this is automated. The one in my office is the manual model, so I had a hard time trying to brew the perfect coffee with the right level of water. :dunno:

If it's automated, then it's worth the bucks! :good:

Hi kissryl,

The Dolce Gusto is actually quite good. I am using the smaller automated one at home. Water level is easy to preset, only downside is have to wash the capsule holder very often. And the limited flavours in SG. Might wanna consider Harvey Norman, got mine fm millenia walk, had a promo going on and had loads of free capsules... Haha....

And the samsung 2 door fridge is not really that bulky, the seperate freezer and frdge compartments quite useful, but makes the fridge section abit narrow. Can forget about puttin in anything wider den a 0.5kgcake. Other den that, no complains...

Cheers...

haha, bengologist, so any plans to get a coffee machine? =)

thanks crimson x! now i'm tempted to get it again. haha! :D

I also like the smaller one, find the round one a little too bulky! I just want my home made green tea lattes actually haha!!!

btw so u have that samsung fridge? I might have to give that one up altho I like it. If u see my 3d, in the end will be putting my fridge by my kitchen cabinets. choosing a big fridge means I will have lesser worktop to put things etc..

i'm fretting over the water pooling issues now.. and if to align wall tiles to floor tiles... :(

anyway bengologist, noticed you bought your stuff from fortytwo.sg, i'm very much inspired to get my stuff from there too!

can really save a lot if get from there!

I also like the smaller one, find the round one a little too bulky! I just want my home made green tea lattes actually haha!!!

btw so u have that samsung fridge? I might have to give that one up altho I like it. If u see my 3d, in the end will be putting my fridge by my kitchen cabinets. choosing a big fridge means I will have lesser worktop to put things etc..

i'm fretting over the water pooling issues now.. and if to align wall tiles to floor tiles... :(

Yea, i got the small one with the big round water tray behind. The newer model that looks like a snail... Green tea latte is nice...! But my mrs bought online, seems retails shopsall outta stock...

I got the samsung fridge as well, but in the silver finish. Worried white hard to match. But space currently not an issue, cos its in the spare room behind as we're staying in a 3roomer now. Waiting for out BTO to arrive in 3 yrs...

anyway bengologist, noticed you bought your stuff from fortytwo.sg, i'm very much inspired to get my stuff from there too!

can really save a lot if get from there!

Hahaha.. I'm a coffee lover but I guess I have to cut down on the expenses a little after splurging a lot on recent purchases. Maybe next month? Hahaha.. :lol:

Yeah! I bought a lot of things from fortytwo.sg! Their products are pretty good and their services are excellent (not only the phone-operators attending to my queries, but also the deliveryman, installers etc). Quite a spread of items which are cheaper than purchasing from shops and it's fuss-free & can be done without a sweat. Hahaha! Give it a try! :good::good::good: