Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissryl

Embarking On Our Nest

thanks crimson x! omg out of stock!! :jawdrop:

don't mind can share your mrs got from which webby? hehe, thanks thanks!

I like the white one... But it does seems I might not be able to get that fridge due to the worktop constraints! ugh..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha bengologist, i'm surfing the webby just now already! haha.

saw some bed frame and bedside tables that I like!

now even more reassured to know they have good service, wahahha! :good::good:

They are having GSS sales! But I only need the items in Sep, reno still in progress... must check with them already...

Reading through this book and it says

"Often, even if the first selection turns out to be the best selection, the more thorough we are in the investigate stage, the less buyer's remorse we are likely to experience down the road."

That's y I like to drill, think and find out so much! I hate the buyer's remorse! haha.

What's occupying my mind now - grout lines, console design, altar color, wall paper, toilet tiles layout (if it's gonna be nice)....

:idea:

haha bengologist, i'm surfing the webby just now already! haha.

saw some bed frame and bedside tables that I like!

now even more reassured to know they have good service, wahahha! :good::good:

They are having GSS sales! But I only need the items in Sep, reno still in progress... must check with them already...

You know what? I have also done my purchases via fortytwo.sg (they are previously known as beds.sg) in April/May 13 but I have requested them to deliver only in June 13. So basically what they do is they will keep your orders and only purchase the items nearer to the delivery date so that they will not incur any unnecessary storage charges for your items. :rolleyes:

In addition, if the prices are cheaper, say in Aug/Sep when they are going to be sent to your house, you can request them to revise it to the lower price. Awesome services right! :lol:

Bsg, how come its a nightmare?? Can share?

nightmare as in wipe out CPF - owe $$ to the SG INC for this pigeon hole

then if nightmare not scary enough - go out and throw more $$ for renovation dig a bigger grave

Edited by bsg

You know what? I have also done my purchases via fortytwo.sg (they are previously known as beds.sg) in April/May 13 but I have requested them to deliver only in June 13. So basically what they do is they will keep your orders and only purchase the items nearer to the delivery date so that they will not incur any unnecessary storage charges for your items. :rolleyes:

In addition, if the prices are cheaper, say in Aug/Sep when they are going to be sent to your house, you can request them to revise it to the lower price. Awesome services right! :lol:

Bengologist! great to hear that! it's awesome la!! :good:

Like that i can confirm buy the bedframe from them. saw one that i like.

sofa not sure tho, scare not comfy but we also saw one or two we like.

They have this offer going at 399 for sofa, coffee table and rug.

I'm tempted. LOL!

Let's see what I'll get. :D

nightmare as in wipe out CPF - owe $$ to the SG INC for this pigeon hole

then if nightmare not scary enough - go out and throw more $$ for renovation dig a bigger grave

bsg i think i know what u mean. Money keeps draining out ya?

Maybe I can share my experience. hehe, cause I also got a lot of issues! But I believe, for a home... will be ok one..

I paid low cov, low floor cause just married - not enuf $$ and did not manage to ballot BTOs after few tries.

(Angry with H--) :curse:

And I hate low floors!!! Till now, I still dread thinking of movin into low floor.

But, let's see how it is after shifting in lo.

Then, shortly after buying house, problems arises. Thank God, it is not serious but we will have to bear with it for years.

We also did not renovate immediately.

Waited close to a year later, now then start.

Apply for loan, my loan was rejected. I almost fainted/ died of heart failure.

now is managed to find help for my loan... =)

By the way, i didn't renovate my bedroom floors cause to save $$.

BSG, don't worry too much... think of when u renovate, your house is gonna look awesome! :sport-smiley-003::notti:

yesterday went to check on new house. Progress stopped a little because to clarify on tiles issue.

Noticed that they have built up the extended wall and shifted the common toilet door! Yippee!

I chose to shift the toilet door because if I do not do so, every time I shower, the water will splatter onto the door.

Not that it's a big issue but don't like it that much I guess..

It's too dark and can't really see from photo - skipping this.

But I like my extended wall - which means when I open the door I will see altar. =)

ygc7.jpg

without flash..

3x9i.jpg

By the way!

Also confirm on few things.

1) Aligning wall tiles to floor tiles should not affect on the draining issues. because, it is the steepness (xie du) of the floor to steep towards the drainage.

- Therefore, we are aligning it!! Kitchen will not have water pooling issues because we foresee that we won't be splashing water to brush it.

Steam mop is our option. That's y we buy steam mop!

2) We are changing our layout for kitchen floor tiles to vertical instead and not horizontal.

Just wanna say thanks to my friends and family who helped to clear my doubts and also helped keep a look out at their house toilets/ office toilets and even buildings!!!

*touched*

I'm very happy to see the progress actually. Bits by bits I can see my home aka nest forming. LOLOL!

Our ID also went down specially to talk to tiler today.

Thanks to him as well!!

Working with him is almost similar to working with a friend or relative. the trust is sorta there.

Let's see how it goes down the journey!

there's still more things to clear off and we will see his reaction by then.. =)

Hi Kissryl, mrs got fm nescafe webby previously as there was a promotion for free latte glasses with 5boxes purchase...

yesterday went to check on new house. Progress stopped a little because to clarify on tiles issue.

Noticed that they have built up the extended wall and shifted the common toilet door! Yippee!

I chose to shift the toilet door because if I do not do so, every time I shower, the water will splatter onto the door.

Not that it's a big issue but don't like it that much I guess..

It's too dark and can't really see from photo - skipping this.

But I like my extended wall - which means when I open the door I will see altar. =)

ygc7.jpg

without flash..

3x9i.jpg

By the way!

Also confirm on few things.

1) Aligning wall tiles to floor tiles should not affect on the draining issues. because, it is the steepness (xie du) of the floor to steep towards the drainage.

- Therefore, we are aligning it!! Kitchen will not have water pooling issues because we foresee that we won't be splashing water to brush it.

Steam mop is our option. That's y we buy steam mop!

2) We are changing our layout for kitchen floor tiles to vertical instead and not horizontal.

Just wanna say thanks to my friends and family who helped to clear my doubts and also helped keep a look out at their house toilets/ office toilets and even buildings!!!

*touched*

I'm very happy to see the progress actually. Bits by bits I can see my home aka nest forming. LOLOL!

Our ID also went down specially to talk to tiler today.

Thanks to him as well!!

Working with him is almost similar to working with a friend or relative. the trust is sorta there.

Let's see how it goes down the journey!

there's still more things to clear off and we will see his reaction by then.. =)

Hi Kissryl,

How is the steam mop? Is it effective? I saw the salesperson doing the demo during last week gain city sale. Quite impressive but not sure about the effectiveness...

Just changed kitchen tiles layout to horizontal again.

ID called to say they have measured and if lay vertical, there will be a space left of 5cm. 5CM!

OMG. and no such issues if change to horizontal. So ya, horizontal it will be.

As for master toilet, the groutings spacing will be 2mm at certain parts and 5mm at certain area if to align the tiles. 5MM width of groutings? OMG la.

So no choice, we can't align wall to floor.

I just suppose this is the common phase of renovation ya? Where such little issues cropped up?

must be mentally prepped!

Went to Mayer electronics fair on Friday and in the end, spent some $$.

Bought a display fridge. Yup, display one to save money.

And it's also a model and color which I never ever think I will buy.

Hitachi -WB550P2MS

8cpc.jpg

*Available Now*Retail price was $1488 by Mega Discount Store.

Display was $1000.

Served by Roger of Mega Discount Store.

Then, heard from my friend that there seems to be a lot of items scratched during the fair, and went to check out my display.

Thankfully, looks ok!

But I splurged on one more item on Sunday.

Display again. Washing Machine. Original price $1788, discount at the fair was $400 off.

Overheard Roger's colleague saying new set at $1080 after we confirmed on the price of $920 for display set.

A big TSK.

But hubby again says display is ok and doesn't want to get a new piece.

So ya lo, display again.

5cad.jpg

Got the black one.

A little unhappy that I have to settle with displays.. When you have to stick to a budget, it really really sucks.

Sorry to whine here but ya, need a release outlet.

PLUS, BOTH ARE BLACK!!!!

I WANT MY ALL WHITE KITCHEN!!!!!

*dream kitchen busted*

I need to find alternatives design to my kitchen.

Hates it when "murphy" is in action.

:disturb:

oh well. But one good thing is - we have gotten much better items than initially planned.

Initially wanted a normal samsung washing machine and mitsubishi Fridge.

Both are not inverters, whereas now I have gotten myself a super good washing machine and a good model inverter fridge...

I guess, you can't have the best of both worlds!

*feels better to think this way now*