Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
missyliang

人老心不老 - Neo's Renovation Journey

It's finally my turn to share my happiness here after a year's worth of lurking around in Renotalk. :notti:

After working for 40 few years, LB (老伴, Husband) decided that it's probably time for us to move and have a dream home to retire in.

Now tell me how to contain my excitement! :dancingqueen:

layoutplan_zps1206810f.png

So far we're having all the luck, our journey to find a new home & ID came really fast&easy. Chop chop!

The COV for this resale EM was within our budget, the view from the balcony seems to be not bad (Fresh air - 10th level) and we see the possibilities in transforming it to our desired living space!

LB & I are high in spirits but apparently our bodies aren't really cooperative enough for us to visit every ID firms in Singapore. Believe us, if we could, we would! (Kiasu, Kiasi) So LB&I agreed on an ID referred by my friend lor, sweet and easy. :P

Ps:// I've spent the couple of days forcing my grandson to teach me on how to post here. Muahaha, I must be the most irritating grandma ever. 8|

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats grandma missyliang as owner of the EM. Glad to have u share your story. Have an exciting reno journey!

Congrats grandma missyliang as owner of the EM. Glad to have u share your story. Have an exciting reno journey!

Thanks potatoes! :sport-smiley-018: Actually the hacking work has began already, so I'll be uploading the photos soon! :D

Thanks potatoes! :sport-smiley-018: Actually the hacking work has began already, so I'll be uploading the photos soon! :D

Btw, where is your EM? U managed to get ID company to do up your place?

Hey Missyliang!

Welcome to Renotalk!

You must be the most techno-savvy grandma in Singapore.

Anyway good luck to your reno! Share with us renotalkers if you face any difficulties, we'll help you suggest solutions if possible.

Cheers! :)

It's finally my turn to share my happiness here after a year's worth of lurking around in Renotalk. :notti:

After working for 40 few years, LB (老伴, Husband) decided that it's probably time for us to move and have a dream home to retire in.

So far we're having all the luck, our journey to find a new home & ID came really fast&easy. Chop chop!

The COV for this resale EM was within our budget, the view from the balcony seems to be not bad (Fresh air - 10th level) and we see the possibilities in transforming it to our desired living space!

LB & I are high in spirits but apparently our bodies aren't really cooperative enough for us to visit every ID firms in Singapore. Believe

us, if we could, we would! (Kiasu, Kiasi) So LB&I agreed on an ID referred by my friend lor, sweet and easy. :P

Ps:// I've spent the couple of days forcing my grandson to teach me on how to post here. Muahaha, I must be the most irritating

grandma ever. 8|

I think you are a cute and bubbly grandma! :)

Here comes the most happening Ah Mah in town! LOL Most Ah mah ah gong would not prefer EM as they have to climb the stairs LOL Congrats on your EM.! Wow 10th level is good! How much did you pay for COV? Looking forward to more pictures :) Have a smooth reno journey!

Wow I love your layout.. Kitchen + Study can combine to be huge kitchen cum island cum dining area.. Great!

And U are super hip for a granny!

Btw, where is your EM? U managed to get ID company to do up your place?

Hello good morning potatoes! My EM is in Woodlands Drive, and yes, I have engaged an ID :D

Hey Missyliang!

Welcome to Renotalk!

You must be the most techno-savvy grandma in Singapore.

Anyway good luck to your reno! Share with us renotalkers if you face any difficulties, we'll help you suggest solutions if possible.

Cheers! :)

Good morning Bengologist! Hehe thank you! I'm not very old for a grandma though :rofl:

LB & I are high in spirits but apparently our bodies aren't really cooperative enough for us to visit every ID firms in Singapore. Believe

us, if we could, we would! (Kiasu, Kiasi) So LB&I agreed on an ID referred by my friend lor, sweet and easy. :P

Ps:// I've spent the couple of days forcing my grandson to teach me on how to post here. Muahaha, I must be the most irritating

grandma ever. 8|

I think you are a cute and bubbly grandma! :)

Good morning June! Thank you so much! I hope to stay the same way till I step over to the other side. hahaha :yamseng:

活到老,学到老 :good:

welcome to RT, looking forward to more updates from u :)

Good morning Easter! Yes I agree! That's why I've been joining alot of clubs for 吃饱没事做 grandmothers. Linedancing, walk-a-ton, you name it! :sport-smiley-003:

最佳tech savy阿媽獎非你莫屬!Missyliang大姐

Good morning Mrmerry! 谢谢你咯,我就害羞地收下这个"最佳tech savy阿妈奖"咯. :D

Here comes the most happening Ah Mah in town! LOL Most Ah mah ah gong would not prefer EM as they have to climb the stairs LOL Congrats on your EM.! Wow 10th level is good! How much did you pay for COV? Looking forward to more pictures :) Have a smooth reno journey!

Good morning sherting! Hohoho, you youngsters are making me very happy! :dancingqueen: My COV cost 580k, if it's not worth it, don't tell me ok! Hehe. I thought climbing the stairs is good for health? :P

Wow I love your layout.. Kitchen + Study can combine to be huge kitchen cum island cum dining area.. Great!

And U are super hip for a granny!

Good morning HL85! Granny sounds so old, I don't think i'm THAT old leh. :notti: My LB is a traditional man, won't agree to combine the rooms :(

Good morning to everyone! :D

人老了都自动会早睡早起呢, Missyliang大姐 & LB can't even sleep past 7am daily.

Today morning we went to take a morning stroll together, feels good! :good:

Anyway here's more information on our renovation journey!

LB & I have been meeting our ID (Has a habit to call him 小弟) daily from 20th May till we signed with him on the 27th.

Sorry but we won't be sharing the renovation amount, if not later you all think we old people are very rich then rob us how? Hahahaha :P

But what we'll be doing will be a full renovation, and the only thing that we'll be keeping is the staircase rails. Hehe :sport-smiley-018:

I'll be posting up the photos soon, I sumpa! :P

Edited by missyliang

Went down to our new EM yesterday, hacking work began on 4th June :D

Should be completed soon, I think only left with a wall to be demolished!

1fd624a8-2457-406d-a9cb-d4888f8e0202_zps

hacked living + dining + study. (Ps: Can see ID & his assistant's sexy legs hahahah)

892f7535-8982-4186-b882-86ce3c294b49_zps

Hacked living room, with alot of....... sand which I have absolutely no idea what this is for. :P

ccac6e80-0f1e-4d6b-9cfa-3ad9435348b5_zps

c1343aac-9e7e-4029-8bfa-0776f1cce028_zps

My Service yard!

dfe6e18b-1d84-4651-ad30-c7445ba5d34c_zps

Super small common toilet :(

The size of resale flats are already so small, I can't imagine buying new flats!

Back in my time, the flats are so much more spacious leh, what happened? :(

I'll be back with more updates, need to go for my early mahjong session with other ahmas 了! :D

Went down to our new EM yesterday, hacking work began on 4th June :D

Should be completed soon, I think only left with a wall to be demolished!

1fd624a8-2457-406d-a9cb-d4888f8e0202_zps

hacked living + dining + study. (Ps: Can see ID & his assistant's sexy legs hahahah)

892f7535-8982-4186-b882-86ce3c294b49_zps

Hacked living room, with alot of....... sand which I have absolutely no idea what this is for. :P

ccac6e80-0f1e-4d6b-9cfa-3ad9435348b5_zps

c1343aac-9e7e-4029-8bfa-0776f1cce028_zps

My Service yard!

dfe6e18b-1d84-4651-ad30-c7445ba5d34c_zps

Super small common toilet :(

The size of resale flats are already so small, I can't imagine buying new flats!

Back in my time, the flats are so much more spacious leh, what happened? :(

I'll be back with more updates, need to go for my early mahjong session with other ahmas 了! :D

Well, population increased, so no choice but to build smaller yet more expensive houses! :(

LOL! Good luck to your mahjong session! Huat ah! :sport-smiley-004:

Well, population increased, so no choice but to build smaller yet more expensive houses! :(

LOL! Good luck to your mahjong session! Huat ah! :sport-smiley-004:

Boy ah, huat session cancelled leh. my 宝贝孙 is here today hehehehehhehe, i have to sacrifice la!

Edited by missyliang