Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
art00609

Our "too Fast, Too Tiny" 4 Rm @punggol

i am thinking to put a track light in front of TV features wall too..my contractor said need to do a false ceiling as cannot the wiring, but i am doubtful of that.

mind to share. do you do the false ceiling to hide the wires? how much does it cost to lay the cables to the front of tv features?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i am thinking to put a track light in front of TV features wall too..my contractor said need to do a false ceiling as cannot the wiring, but i am doubtful of that.

mind to share. do you do the false ceiling to hide the wires? how much does it cost to lay the cables to the front of tv features?

Track light dont need false ceiling, you can see June's latest photo here: photo_zpsa066707a.jpg The trunking is visible...

Her post is here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/53060-bachelorette-pad/page-6

hi peterpan83,

my lights are all done by my contractor and for that particular part of my house, there wasn't any false ceiling there as my house only uses L-box and cove lights at the sides...thus, the tracklight lights are on the wall itself...

for the cables, do you mean the switch area for my brick wall? I am not mounting my TV on my feature wall thus i do not need any hidden spots for my cables, just hide them in my tv console itself...

hope it helps...

We are neighbour .. Haha.

really??

hhheheeh it's a small world after all :P

hello neighbour! :)

Track light dont need false ceiling, you can see June's latest photo here: photo_zpsa066707a.jpg The trunking is visible...

Her post is here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/53060-bachelorette-pad/page-6

Could it be that newer flats' wirings are hidden behind the celings & walls while matured flats still rely on trunking? Hence no false ceiling and trunking is needed for most of the lights and fans in the unit? :dunno:

Ooh Noo~ Trouble when the carpentry is about to start this week! :bangwall: Even without any reno done to the Common Bathroom or banging of head on it, the wall & wall-tiles between the Main Bathroom and Service-Yard are starting to crack! And it was K who informed us about it when he was finalizing measurements for the carpentry to be installed...

Gonna be expecting some delays to the reno with me informing HDB about it tomorrow. No cracks when we first got the keys and definately not due to renovations as NOTHING is done to my Service Balcony and Common Bathroom yet. Too Fast Too Furious now... :furious:

Edited by art00609

Well, our reno so called came to a halt due to cracks appearing in my service yard aka toilet wall...causing my tiles to crack! :jawdrop: Mr K called us last Saturday to inform but we could only "complain" to HDB on Monday...

so, shall let the pictures below do the talking :(

gallery_46790_34_29381.jpg

the blue lines indicated the cracks on my tiles...sigh very long and apparently such cracks are "common" :o

HDB informed us that they would take 3 days to rectify the problem so yesterday we went over, left some tiles and the service yard to settle...and today we went over at night and tada!! done :good: only the grout needs to be white rather than black...

gallery_46790_34_8681.jpg

so now...our reno can "proceed" back as normal :lol:

When we both came over at night to our home to check on our "cracked" tiles yesterday, we were pleasantly surprised by the presence of our carpentary in our home :good: technically all over our teeny weeny tiny home :D

So today, we came over again at night to see what had been done and ta-da!! :sport-smiley-004:

Thou not completed yet but still we were able to somewhat "picture" what our house would turn out to be ;)

For all our carpentary, Mr K chose for us the ash grey kind of wood laminate...we LOVE it!! :) Somehow we realised that the laminate "blends" with dust...heheh so not much cleaning! YAY!!!! :good:

Our living room (left to right) : Shoe Rack, Book & DVD Shelf & Red Brickwall...my fav :wub:

gallery_46790_34_513095.jpg

Our kitchen : Not done with all the carpentary...but glad I didn't choose to have full cabinets for both sides :lol: , think I would feel so suffocated :jawdrop:

gallery_46790_34_73103.jpg

now left with the rooms...