Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 10/1/2016 at 10:21 PM, yoongf said:

There is really no need for an architect to supervise the construction process. Architects are for authority submissions and the tender. Once a competent design and build contractor is appointed, the original architect involvement is not necessary.

Precisely!  after the whole debacle with that selfish architect, we let our lawyers (still ongoing...!) and the BOA sort him out and left the rest of the construction and designing process to our brilliant Design and Build Team who has been responsible and exemplary in every way.  

PM me if you want more info.  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Rajendran was fined $42,000 last year. (BCA-000051/52/55/58-MSC-2013)

Now a new case has been filed.(2016)

An elderly retired couple have lost all of their savings by paying Rajendram $180,000.00 down-payment.

to renovate their 30years old home in Sing Avenue.(actual costs only $30,000.00)

As usual, without BCA permit, he breaks everything and is demanding more money to complete the job,

since the elderly couple cannot pay, he has abandoned the project.

Police report and complain to BCA has been lodged.

This time he is going to jail for sure!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 10:21 PM, yoongf said:

There is really no need for an architect to supervise the construction process. Architects are for authority submissions and the tender. Once a competent design and build contractor is appointed, the original architect involvement is not necessary.

TRUE!   We're very happy ( and a lot more relaxed now ... sometimes luck is necessary in these things ... ) to have found all these posts in renotalk to eventually "meet" our designers+builder for our recon.  haha...... we used to always bring them korean snacks and tabao from the tiong bahru market (the Creative Director is a korean lady from italy! ) when we visit their studio for our meetings.  As i have mentioned before, we are very thankful and don't take them for granted at all because we have seen the worse or worst in this building world -- re: our case against that st&pid id#ot (PM me for updates on this!).  

But at least now everything is peaceful and we are very house proud with the current outcome.  We've also had "inspired & cost savings" experiences with the their project manager and architect as they are very experience men who has helped us save $ along the way through their use of intelligent materials to achieve our visual expectations which is to build a modern contemporary designed "villa" in the tropics.   

Good Luck and i wish everyone a continued positive journey on their builds!  

Edited by yarwood

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 12:53 AM, yarwood said:

TRUE!   We're very happy ( and a lot more relaxed now ... sometimes luck is necessary in these things ... ) to have found all these posts in renotalk to eventually "meet" our designers+builder for our recon.  haha...... we used to always bring them korean snacks and tabao from the tiong bahru market (the Creative Director is a korean lady from italy! ) when we visit their studio for our meetings.  As i have mentioned before, we are very thankful and don't take them for granted at all because we have seen the worse or worst in this building world -- re: our case against that st&pid id#ot (PM me for updates on this!).  

But at least now everything is peaceful and we are very house proud with the current outcome.  We've also had "inspired & cost savings" experiences with the their project manager and architect as they are very experience men who has helped us save $ along the way through their use of intelligent materials to achieve our visual expectations which is to build a modern contemporary designed "villa" in the tropics.   

Good Luck and i wish everyone a continued positive journey on their builds!  

Hi!

I am at my wits end with this so called architect (actually suspended but acts as a co-ordinator) who has been dragging his feet with the TOP Inspection submission.

I made the mistake of making full payment to him and he is now giving excuses for the delays.

Are you able to recommend a qualified person to finish with the TOP inspection submission as I intend to sack him.

Thanks

17 hours ago, airman said:

Hi!

I am at my wits end with this so called architect (actually suspended but acts as a co-ordinator) who has been dragging his feet with the TOP Inspection submission.

I made the mistake of making full payment to him and he is now giving excuses for the delays.

Are you able to recommend a qualified person to finish with the TOP inspection submission as I intend to sack him.

Thanks

Find the actual architect who signed off the building plans and get him/her to do the inspection. I'm assuming that your suspended architect is not the one who signed off the plans. alternatively you can try to find the PE who signed off the plans as well and get him/her to do it. If I'm not wrong, the TOP inspection just need a QP (either architect or PE) to apply.

4 hours ago, snoozee said:

Find the actual architect who signed off the building plans and get him/her to do the inspection. I'm assuming that your suspended architect is not the one who signed off the plans. alternatively you can try to find the PE who signed off the plans as well and get him/her to do it. If I'm not wrong, the TOP inspection just need a QP (either architect or PE) to apply.

Hi! Snoozee,

Really appreciate your kind advice.

The reality is that the architect who signed off the building plans has a bo-chup attitude and claimed that he just let this so called co-ordinator to use his name/company for the necessary endorsement and he has nothing to do with the said project.

What is the next course of action should this architect refuses to do the inspection?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, airman said:

Hi! Snoozee,

Really appreciate your kind advice.

The reality is that the architect who signed off the building plans has a bo-chup attitude and claimed that he just let this so called co-ordinator to use his name/company for the necessary endorsement and he has nothing to do with the said project.

What is the next course of action should this architect refuses to do the inspection?

Thanks 

The architect has a responsibility since he signed his name on your house plans. You can lodge a complaint to the board of architects if he refuses to perform the TOP inspection. 

My advise is that you call the board of architects and seek advice from them on your possible course of actions. 

As mentioned, you can try to find the PE to get him/her to apply for the TOP inspection for you. 

16 minutes ago, snoozee said:

The architect has a responsibility since he signed his name on your house plans. You can lodge a complaint to the board of architects if he refuses to perform the TOP inspection. 

My advise is that you call the board of architects and seek advice from them on your possible course of actions. 

As mentioned, you can try to find the PE to get him/her to apply for the TOP inspection for you. 

Hi! Snoozee,

Many thanks for taking time to answer my queries.

So I should go after the person and company (the said architect) that appear on the URA Grant Of Written Permission? 

Then who is this PE you are referring to? The co-ordinator who is dragging his feet? I have already gave up on him.

Thanks

10 hours ago, airman said:

Hi! Snoozee,

Many thanks for taking time to answer my queries.

So I should go after the person and company (the said architect) that appear on the URA Grant Of Written Permission? 

Then who is this PE you are referring to? The co-ordinator who is dragging his feet? I have already gave up on him.

Thanks

the person who you can go after is the one who signed on your approved housing plans which is submitted to the authorities. you can't do much about the so called "coordinator" unless there's explicit contracts signed with him/her.

technically whoever signed on the plans is the one responsible. saying that letting someone else use the company name just for endorsement doesn't absolve all responsibilities since to the authorities, they will go after the person who signed and put down their name in the building plans.

the PE I'm referring to is the Professional Engineer for your project. since you are doing a rebuilt, there is a PE who will be involved in signing off the structural plans.

the TOP inspection needs a Qualified Person (either an architect or PE) to do the application so you can try to get the PE to help since the architect isn't doing anything.

as mentioned, call board of architects for some advice on what you can do to the architect/firm and force them to do the TOP inspection.

8 hours ago, snoozee said:

the person who you can go after is the one who signed on your approved housing plans which is submitted to the authorities. you can't do much about the so called "coordinator" unless there's explicit contracts signed with him/her.

technically whoever signed on the plans is the one responsible. saying that letting someone else use the company name just for endorsement doesn't absolve all responsibilities since to the authorities, they will go after the person who signed and put down their name in the building plans.

the PE I'm referring to is the Professional Engineer for your project. since you are doing a rebuilt, there is a PE who will be involved in signing off the structural plans.

the TOP inspection needs a Qualified Person (either an architect or PE) to do the application so you can try to get the PE to help since the architect isn't doing anything.

as mentioned, call board of architects for some advice on what you can do to the architect/firm and force them to do the TOP inspection.

Hi! Snoozee,

Thanks for your valuable advice again.

I visited the BOA office this afternoon and they suggested that I email the complaint to BOA which I did and they will try to locate the architect and hopefully can force him to act.

Yes! You mentioned the PE who signed off the structural plans and I will contact him as he is from another firm. Roughly what is the expected fees from this PE?

I really appreciate your help as now I know who to go after.

Warmest regards

1 hour ago, airman said:

Hi! Snoozee,

Thanks for your valuable advice again.

I visited the BOA office this afternoon and they suggested that I email the complaint to BOA which I did and they will try to locate the architect and hopefully can force him to act.

Yes! You mentioned the PE who signed off the structural plans and I will contact him as he is from another firm. Roughly what is the expected fees from this PE?

I really appreciate your help as now I know who to go after.

Warmest regards

The PE would have charged a lump sum for doing up your house's structural plans and such. TOP inspection may not be part of the initial sum. As for how much he will charge and whether he want to do is best to call the firm directly to ask. 

Hope things work out well for you eventually.

23 hours ago, snoozee said:

The PE would have charged a lump sum for doing up your house's structural plans and such. TOP inspection may not be part of the initial sum. As for how much he will charge and whether he want to do is best to call the firm directly to ask. 

Hope things work out well for you eventually.

Hi! Snoozee,

One last question; I understand that the incumbent architect has to resign or discharge himself in order for that PE to take over the TOP Inspection submission. Is this correct?

What if that incumbent architect remains uncontactable or missing in action?

Thanks

1 hour ago, airman said:

Hi! Snoozee,

One last question; I understand that the incumbent architect has to resign or discharge himself in order for that PE to take over the TOP Inspection submission. Is this correct?

What if that incumbent architect remains uncontactable or missing in action?

Thanks

I'm not sure if the existing architect need to resign/discharge himself from your project. If he has to do so then you would most probably need to appoint another architect to take over since yours is a rebuilt project which needs an architect to be involved. 

Best is that you call up the PE first and ask him about this as well since they would be more familiar with the various regulations and requirements.