Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnnychai

Diy Help

how to i extend my electrical wire

as i wish to extend or diy another electrical outlet.

and how do i diy another electrical outlet

i search in google but nothing is found.

thank you in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you got to be a little more detailed in what you want. I woudl guess some wall hacking is to be involved unless if you want it external... again, more details are needed...

word of advise, electricity is not to be played with (just in case you didnt know). best if you can switch off the main m or at least the specific branch you will be working on.

It will be alright if you get supply from a 3 pin socket outlet using any extension socket outliet available from the supermart but it is illegal to install any socket outlet on the wall and connect the wires to any household wirings or circuit breakers. One would have to get a registered electricain registered with EMA to do such wirings.

Edited by SKYJUICE123

As all the members , it is dangerous but it is still do-able.

First thing you need to do is switch off the breaker for the point that you are extending from. This breaker remains off until everything is complete.

The extension is simple. You only need to run a parallel line out from the point you are extending from.

Do use good wires.