Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flyersummer

Any Electrician To Recommend?

anyone has electrician that is interested in doing small jobs, i have 1-2 small installation in my house for lights. If he/she has network knowledge, that is even better. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Just got my 5 rm flat rewired. the electrician, young chap, local and experiance. Price quite reasonable. You can contact Sebastian @ 8349 2862

Hi all,

Just got my 5 rm flat rewired. the electrician, young chap, local and experiance. Price quite reasonable. You can contact Sebastian @ 8349 2862

hw reasonable is that ?? can share?

hw reasonable is that ?? can share?

My quote is as follows(5rm rewiring)

To supply labour to dismantle existing lighting fixture and wires. - FOC

To supply and install new lighting point. (includes switches Clipsal KB model) - $24 X 40 = $960

To supply and install new 13amp power point single. - $40 X 1 = $40

To supply and install new 13amp power point double. - $45 X 21 = $945

To supply and install new 20amp point for Heater. - $70 X 2 = $140

To supply and install new 20amp ISO point for Aircon - $100 X 1 = $100

To supply and install new Telephone wiring point. - $45 X 5 = $225

To supply and install new SCV wiring point. - $95 X 5 = $475

To supply and install new Hood & hob point. - $70 X 2 = $140

To supply and install new CAT 6 Lan point. - $120 X 5 = $600

To install ceiling fan - $35 X 1 = $35

To install lightings - $10 X 40 = $400

To install new Hager 18way PVC DB BOX with; 40A MCB, ELCB and MCBs - $600

To supply and install Earthing for Gas & water pipe - $120

The in house brand he is providing is Clipsal KB model (white)

TOTAL DAMAGE: $4780

Less discount: $280

TOTAL: $4500

Happy with the job done. Hope this info helps.

In addition, before the start of the works i asked him if he will be the one doing the job or his workers. He have a malaysian electrician and 2 bangadish electrician with him. he say if i'm not rushing for time then he will do the job himself. of course i told him that i'm not rushing. he really did it all himself, from dismantling to installing and completion. wow. a boss himself to settle all at 7 days. Guess i just trust local than others. no offence to foreign works. sorry. anyway, just want to say i'm happy with the works and everything.

Hi,

I'm a little confused. I visited a lighting shop at Beauty World (in Bt Timah) and got a different quote from what I've read on this forum. Maybe I understood wrongly...

The boss said the price for installing a lighting point is: $28 for first point, $8 for every subsequent point. But what I seem to be reading on the forums is like $X for EACH point?? What am I missing here? I'm a noob... :P Thanks for answering my question...

Hi,

I'm a little confused. I visited a lighting shop at Beauty World (in Bt Timah) and got a different quote from what I've read on this forum. Maybe I understood wrongly...

The boss said the price for installing a lighting point is: $28 for first point, $8 for every subsequent point. But what I seem to be reading on the forums is like $X for EACH point?? What am I missing here? I'm a noob... :P Thanks for answering my question...

Hi, i think the boss is trying to tell you. "Installation of lightings", 1st light cost you $28 and $8 for every subsequent lights. I think they will not lay "lighting points" for your unit as they are the "supplier" not "contactors".

Contactors will charge you base on how many lighting points you need for your unit. $X per point.

*Pls correct me if i'm wrong. Sorry in advance.

Cheers

wwz,

ahhh...ok ok. I get it. So the next shop/person I speak to, I know how to clarify better.

Is it laying of lighting points or installation of lights...Hehs. :)

oh sorry, I just remembered....the boss also mentioned $10 for each looping. So I guess he must be talking abt laying lighting points when he says $28 for first, $8 for subsequent, $10 for each looping?? *confused*

oh sorry, I just remembered....the boss also mentioned $10 for each looping. So I guess he must be talking abt laying lighting points when he says $28 for first, $8 for subsequent, $10 for each looping?? *confused*

Haha.... i'm confused too.

Just a feedback for people who is calling Mr Keong for a quote for electrical work.

I called him the first time for a rough quote and he was ok, giving me the price of each individual item on the phone.

And I asked him for his email so that i can email him the actual requirements and specs needed.

Waited 3 days for him to get back on the quote. Second time call him, ask when can get the quote and he said he went out too late last night and will give the quote by tomorrow, one day gone. So waited for another day, still no sign of quote. Called him third time, ask again, this time he said he forgot to bring laptop back home, so another day gone. Gave him the benefit of a doubt.

Finally third day quote came in. Reasonable price, friendly dude, good advice.

So decided to go with him, gave him a call in the morning to arrange to meet up the next day to discuss and finalize the quote. He was busy with another client, so he said he will call back. Waited whole day, no sign. Decided to call him at night and ask him if he is serious about taking up the job or not. He hung up my call, and subsequently calls, his phone was off.

So I guess he wasn't hard up for jobs. Guess business very good recently.

I decided not to pursue his service further. As I'm losing precious time chasing him every other day.

The first few times, he was responsive, but after... not so.

If you are in a hurry to get the job done, my advise is to look elsewhere.

Very disappointed with his service even before doing anything.

FYI, till now I have not heard from him. He didn't even bother to call back.

Cheers

Edited by kimotherapy

I would recommend Zenterra Engineering. :thumbs up:

Contact no: 68998398

They done up my house electrical works recently...they did a good job...

I saved around $300 than my ID electrician...

I considered them because they did have a retail shop. Feels much secure/stable... :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by Chrissmoo

Got a quote from one of the electrician recommended here.

I think some items are reasonable, some slightly on the high side.

But overall good service and responsive from the service person.

*Edit: Got my electrician to settle the quote and nego with him already. All set. So far so good.

Will update once the works are done.

Edited by kimotherapy