Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flyersummer

Any Electrician To Recommend?

Hii

whats Mr Yong's contact plse, appreciate it .

Hi all,

I'm engaged Unit U Interior Mr Yong on the whole house rewiring.

The rewiring cost is too cheap to believe - it's S1600 (a 5rm rewiring package)

Here is the no. of points requested

Double socket 13A - 17x

SCV - 5X

Tel - 1x

Hood - 1x

wafer heater - 2x

lighting point - 12x

Installation of light - 12x

Air con - 1x

14 way DB box - 1x

Water bonding pipe - 1x

Anyone of you have experience with them? pls advice. Would like to check whether they can be trust, their services and workmanship before I sign the project. Thanks.

Edited by wojia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all

Just want to alert you all to a possible scam,have already paid 50% deposit but sebastian has not replied to my calls.

I have seen some discussion abt sebastian, from Jxx, he had some good reviews from clients but think hes run into some trouble, DON'T engage his services yet, i dont want you to be scammed.

i ve seen the forum discussion here, where owners have had good experiences with their contractors, appreciate those who engaged good electricians to reply with their contact numbers, think its great to share good stuff n be warned of scammers or horrible contractors, since all we are looking forward to is a cosy home.

thanks ahead, appreciate if u can pls send me the contacts of a Mr Yong, Mr Quek.

hi all

Just want to alert you all to a possible scam,have already paid 50% deposit but sebastian has not replied to my calls.

I have seen some discussion abt sebastian, from Jxx, he had some good reviews from clients but think hes run into some trouble, DON'T engage his services yet, i dont want you to be scammed.

i ve seen the forum discussion here, where owners have had good experiences with their contractors, appreciate those who engaged good electricians to reply with their contact numbers, think its great to share good stuff n be warned of scammers or horrible contractors, since all we are looking forward to is a cosy home.

thanks ahead, appreciate if u can pls send me the contacts of a Mr Yong, Mr Quek.

hmm... i was with him just now at my new house... didn't sense anything wrong... he was professional...

hmm... i was with him just now at my new house... didn't sense anything wrong... he was professional...

hii yaolong

i am glad to know that Sebastian is still around. I have been trying very hard to reach him, left many messages and called him many times over the last 2 days to confirm our appointment with him at the apartment. he failed to turn up yst morning.

he has collected $1200, which is 50% as deposit. he hasnt returned any of my calls nor messages and no work has been done yet.

appreciate if u can help to ask him to contact me, from blk 64 marine drive.

My experience with him

- being 1st time renovating,i engaged Sebastian of JAE based on the good recommendations on this forum.

- he impressed us with his punctuality and professionalism, very attentive to details on the 1st meeting.

- paid him a 50% deposit the next morning hoping to secure his service fast as he had many projects on hand.

- a week later, he came with 3 men at the appointed time to do trunking. his workers seemed inexperienced. but trusting Sebastian to oversee the work, we left them to do their work.

- we returned the next morning to check out n found the trunking was done badly n not as discussed. several kitchen tiles cracked due to their drilling.

- complained to Sebastian n he obliged to rectify some of the trunking after seeing the shoddy work done by his workers.

- was impressed that he came quickly to look into the matter. we rescheduled for work to be done the next week.

- however, for the past few days, i have been trying to call him to reconfirm our appointment, but to no avail. i waited 4 hours at the apartment hoping he would turn up.

- no sound , no picture from Sebastian at all.

Sad story. Work delayed now and I have to source for another electrician and money scammed.

Ask Sebastian about it when he sees u.

.... contd

sourced urgently for another electrician as Sebastian had gone MIA on us.

contacted a few electricians based on forum recommendation n most were unable to take on our job as it was so last minute.

fortunately, contacted Mr Lye from Zenterra. Told him my sad story n he was sympathetic. He wasnt avaiable to end nxt week n I was prepared to wait.

surprisingly i received his quotation within 2 hours(cheaper than Sebastian)

I accepted his quotation without bargaining.

He called back an hour later and arranged his worker, Daniel to view my unit on the same evening.

Daniel looked around the apartment n was helpful and gave us his advice. He seems professional and was efficient.

He will come to my apartment this AM to do the trunking and wiring. He didnt request for a deposit as he was aware of our situation.

Hope this time it will go well.

Meanwhile, thank yopu Mr Lye for his great help.

will keep u posted.

Can you share Mr. Lye's contact? I was also planning to contact Sebastian, but now reconsidering after your posts.

Anyone else has recent experience with Sebastian to share?

Update...

Daniel of ZenterrA came with 2 workers, started work right away. . Quality of trunking material n workmanship very good.. Am very satisfied thus far. Can choose legrand clipsal mk or house brand all same charge.

Do give mr lye a call. Think is the boss, not sure.

Will be patronising his shop this weekend to buy lights from him to enjoy free installation.

68998398 Zenterra engring.

Beware of this company called

JAE Electrical & Renovation

Company Registration No: 53164256M

Email: jae_electrical@live.com.sg

Blk 642 #09-67 Chao Chu Kang St 64 S(580642)

Tel: 6767 6936 HP: 9035 3559

Person In-charge: Sebastian Wong

We had engaged him as our Electrician and already paid him 80% payment. Now we can’t contacted him, called him and sms him no reply. He had left the job uncompleted and after I engaged another Electrician and do a check up, we found that lots of wires he laid had no electrical current. I had already moved in the house with all the messy wires around. He is soooooo irresponsible...!!!

Edited by starlady29

We had engaged him as our Electrician and already paid him 80% payment. Now we can’t contacted him, called him and sms him no reply. He had left the job uncompleted and after I engaged another Electrician and do a check up, we found that lots of wires he laid had no electrical current. I had already moved in the house with all the messy wires around. He is soooooo irresponsible...!!!

Sad to hear this...So has yr new electrician completed the wiring for you?

Hi starlady

Sorry to hear tht we suffer the same fate. Glad tht someone else came along to testify my bad experience with Sebastian so tht fellow renotalk members will not be cheated .

Sebastian contacted me n promise to refund me the 1,2k tomorrow . Hope he keep his words.

Understand the anxiety. N frustrations . Take care

Thought Sebastian was highly recommended from the forum?! Lucky i dint engage him.

I thor so too based on good reviews on this forum n his positive altitude during our first meeting.

Fortunately. Mr lye helped me out n m grateful to him.

Latest update...

Wiring al completed this afternoon n am very pleasd with the workmanship. Ah huat n his colleague , Zul did most of the work. Ah huat is very obliging. Decided to add in an extra SCV point last min n he obliged willingly though the casing wer already closed. Very positive group of workers.

Mr lye , the boss is wonderful. Called him yesterday wanting to make partial payment n he told me ban ban lye, don't kancheong. Really grateful to him. Wil be going to his shop to buy lightings tomorrow.

Do give ZenterrA a call . Am very happy with their work n pricing. Don't sure If they are the cheapest as I did not have time to compare, but realise now pricing is niot everything after the bad experience with JAE elect.

I thor so too based on good reviews on this forum n his positive altitude during our first meeting.

Fortunately. Mr lye helped me out n m grateful to him.

Latest update...

Wiring al completed this afternoon n am very pleasd with the workmanship. Ah huat n his colleague , Zul did most of the work. Ah huat is very obliging. Decided to add in an extra SCV point last min n he obliged willingly though the casing wer already closed. Very positive group of workers.

Mr lye , the boss is wonderful. Called him yesterday wanting to make partial payment n he told me ban ban lye, don't kancheong. Really grateful to him. Wil be going to his shop to buy lightings tomorrow.

Do give ZenterrA a call . Am very happy with their work n pricing. Don't sure If they are the cheapest as I did not have time to compare, but realise now pricing is niot everything after the bad experience with JAE elect.

Latest Update..

SEbastian has refunded me the deposit .

Credit to him for keeping his promise.