Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chanyj

Fujioh Glass Hob Shattered (After One Year Of Use)

About a month ago, I was cooking some instant noodles on my fujioh glass stove....i turned for a moment and heard a loud breaking sound. When i turned back, i was shocked to see that my hob had completely shattered! About 10 pieces of glass flew out, the rest remained intack. (I was told this was a protective feature of the tampered glass).

I immediately called Fujioh and they explained that while it may appear shocking, such occurences are common...and that it happens with other brands as well.

They offered to replace the glass free of charge (i.e. there was a lifetime warranty on the glass) - the repairman who later came to my place candidly said that they would replace the hob every time it shatters. Not wanting to take any chances (esp as I have kids in the house), I requested for a stainless steel version - which I still had to pay for (i.e. i was assured it was a very special price). It took another 2 weeks before my new hob was installed (apparently it was a popular model and was out of stock).

Its been 2 weeks since they've installed my stainless steel hob....and now, its Warped! the stainless steel does not sit evenly on the kitchen table! There's a 1cm gap! I've just called Fujioh again demanding for an explanation.

I am still waiting for their reply. When will this fujioh nightmare end?

PS : To put things into perspective, my family cooks everyday and we've had the fujioh hob for about 13 months.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sounds terrible! Maybe I should give fujioh a miss then.. was thinking abt their 'internal' flame which kaki bukit hoe jee staffs recommended this morning...

any one else with similar experience?

Good afternoon, I know this is a really old thread, but I have exactly the same issue as you. I have a hood and hob FG3773GL and FS890SM. While the hood is great, the hob is a nightmare. The glass top has since shattered TWICE. First time in Aug 2016, and the 2nd time 15 Jan 2018 (yesterday). Each time it happened, it was like something really heavy dropped from a height. A small 'explosion'.

My hob is now 5 years old and we use it like a regular family  of 3 people. The product is not easy to clean i.e. every little slight shift in position will cause the hob not to light up or work. An there's this stupid battery that one needs to change every now and then.

The first time round, they came and replaced the glass top FOC but I was charged for workmanship and transport of $50.00. That is standard for every call regardless of whether anything is done. Now with the issues I have with this product, that can be a very expensive and potentially dangerous affair. I fear for the safety of my family. 

I had thought of replacing this with a stainless steel version, but now reading Chanyi's experience, I am thinking twice.

I have a separate Smeg hob that works like a dream. Its also 5 years old. No problems.

IMG_9086.JPG

IMG_9088.JPG

IMG_9087.JPG