Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tailgas

Buying Furniture Online

I am planning online shopping for the items for my new house. But to be on the safe side, I only purchase from local spore online company.

I like the forty two online. Any more reviews on their bed?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tailgas, some of the beds are bad design, yes. The good thing about their website is they (the company) honestly will tell you whether the bed is good or bad, and how long it can be expected to last..... for instance, if the bed is used rarely, a cheap guest bed is a good idea :) You can read the user reviews of the beds to see what buyers think too. Hommage sounds good though. I'll consider next time.

Hihi edensmom... Thankss! Ut i find fortytwo or rather beds very poor design quality from online review.... Saw another thread on hommage.... Sseems good!

Okay, I got this recommendation for online beds from another thread in this forum ..... I used it, and they were REALLY good. They sell other things, not just beds. Fantastic customer service, on-time delivery, can read website for user reviews, etc. Very good prices! I bought three beds from there, and bed linen, pillows, etc.

http://www.fortytwo.sg/

Check it out! I wasn't disappointed.

hihi bluesea808... u also know made.com? yeah... ur right... but its nice and go brick and mortar store sure expensive...

yes i got 2 cushion and 1 peacock chair from there... i didn't see before buyin... but they have return and refund policy if i change my mind.... which i am ok so far.... i am happy enough to save more half cos i saw the same i like on picket and rail... couldnt buy its killer price... the markup in between is overkill... but i think no harm asking them to let u see... i know designerchair someone bring cheque over to the office... so maybe can see something there when you buy... i think just ask lo....

but i think... u go showroom air con... they let u sit the sofa... u feel the fabric... u see firm or not.... then u move on .... i go back home also forget how it is really... and somemore the air con and my house environment doesnt match.... so see physical something also dont know how it will really be at home... see here see there very hard to bring home n visualize.... buy furniture in the end like really boils down design.... if design good.. generally workmanship is not bad so as to make it good... my conclusion ah......

if made.com comes to Singapore, that will be super cool. But even made.com is not that cheap if you translate the prices to SGD.

tailgas I am a bit confused. So in the end you bought from justenjoylife.com? Did you get to see the furniture from all these online stores?

hihi... i thought i will reply my own thread here... hehe... i came to renotalk to try to look for affordable and stylish furniture and going online seems like the way to go.... especially i see success stories of such available in australia furnish.com.au, uk made.com/ cultfurniture etc. and usa byrght (which i only got to know recently)...

so i ask if ppl buy online and... no replies... it seems like what's out there and asked in this forum are typically lower end... i.e. furniture mart, beds. sg and .... there are some being discussed like posh home, designer chair etc... where the price tag need me to pay freight from china to singapore or price tag is either still crazy or got problem like studio 1961... otherwise there's always a lot of complaints on their service and delivery... which is nothing new and even for those brick and mortar store....

so then ppl tell me hey go check out ineedfurniture... which is lagi like made.com singapore version... but order no reply... go fb see then i saw the owner actually busy getting married. ok... anyway i think that's it for them... they are likely closed... good also.. no office space... no warehouse how to do business.??

anyway so i thought ok we singapore continue to pay high price for so so furniture.... or continue to have beautiful furniture like ikea but quality never last.... until i found the following stores:

1. www.justenjoylife.com --> new, pm me, thumbs up. order 2 cushions and got it satisfactory! a few weeks later got my peacock chair. very happy with them... arrive in a nice box bubble wrapped and printed with co logo..... they are new and i think they are worthy of mention for their very good service for a start.... (btw forum post picture is very hard....copy and paste also no can... anyone can share)... plus i must say they are carrying ex stock now which is very impt.... i don't like the order and you wait for my factory type of business mode...

decided to remove the second option as i never buy from them actually so don't want to comment further....

I think these 2 shops really good pricing and stylish items... so ppl support them!

my tips to what to watch out is also in these 2 stores... added 2 more tips below

1. can find them in acra

2. warranty and lemon law compliant upfront

3. free return and refund

4. warehouse/ office address obvious

5. Transparent pricing online (won't tell you must pay this and that, all's final)

6. Transparent delivery lead time

buy online means save money to me... if i buy online and still expensive than go buy f2f better... though there got like some risk.... it's the same as buying face to face... one will forget to ask warranty or defects and lagi worse... most have no refund policy.....

hope my tips help! it marks the end of my ardous journey to getting nice furniture at really less mark up online.... iwonder if made will come to singapore...

Edited by tailgas

I am considering buying furniture online. Like to sound out the general public view on this? Hoping to hear some personal advice and experience!

Looks like in general buy online or physical also at risk of bad delivery service, bad goods received. Senseart, grakfunt, etc. is what i hear in the recent threads.

buy online seems to be cheaper (logical to me, cos no physical store). but not able to feel and touch. but designs look pretty good and modern.

I went to IFC, ikea. Scan Teak etc. Touch feel go home, also forgot. Sofa firm or not firm also all about the same. Fabric hot or not hot, leather hot or not hot, all air conditioned can't tell much. all sort of boils down to design only.

Anyone can share more? My cousins in australia bought furniture online and the comment is good for value!