Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tailgas

Buying Furniture Online

There are multiple options to buy in store and/ or online. Furniture retailers have their own site. There are new sites that have multiple retailers on one online store and wherein you can collaborate and chat with your partner, while selecting your furniture. Happy shopping!

Edited by adeal

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Buying furniture online could be risky as well as very beneficial. It all depends upon where you buy it from and how do you select your furniture.

Pros

• You don't have to go to different stores.
  • You can purchase it from anywhere.
  • You can also get it delivered anywhere.
  • There are lot of options online.
  • You can compare prices and check through different providers.

Cons

• You should have knowledge about furniture.
  • You may get cheated if you don't buy from a good company.

According to my experience you might go for shopping furniture online.

Hello tailgas,

I have some suggestion. If you want to buy furniture from online always check the online store or website. They allow MasterCard, Payoneer or Paypal. Also you need to check their product review. You need to check their reputation. If everything is right you can bought from online. I have one suggestion for you.  You can check out this http://www.moderndiningchairs.net article. I think you will get your full answer from this site. Thank you

On 6/13/2013 at 5:31 PM, tailgas said:

I am considering buying furniture online. Like to sound out the general public view on this? Hoping to hear some personal advice and experience!

Looks like in general buy online or physical also at risk of bad delivery service, bad goods received. Senseart, grakfunt, etc. is what i hear in the recent threads.

buy online seems to be cheaper (logical to me, cos no physical store). but not able to feel and touch. but designs look pretty good and modern.

I went to IFC, ikea. Scan Teak etc. Touch feel go home, also forgot. Sofa firm or not firm also all about the same. Fabric hot or not hot, leather hot or not hot, all air conditioned can't tell much. all sort of boils down to design only.

Anyone can share more? My cousins in australia bought furniture online and the comment is good for value!

Now with York Furnishing Textiles you can match the furniture using the completely new drapes by selecting materials which include shims of the actual same color as the furniture.

definitely need to be very careful buying furniture online because normally all you see is pictures, you cant touch, feel them before buying then once delivered, not satisfied, thus getting what we paid for (cheap) , for other stuff i like shopping online but will stay away from furnitures online no matter how good they seem to be .. my 2 cents

My experience was that I found a company, Furnishr, to help me design my home and they take in charge for all the furniture and decor. It was a nice experience since I did t think of I can have my home finished that soon and easy. They deliver and assemble. Check out their website first http://www.furnishr.com/

Buying from Hipvan but wish to see the actual product before purchase? Give you guys a tip that I picked up from a friend. At every product page you can find the brand of the merchandise listed, Malmo, blah blah etc. Copy that brand name and google it! most of the time you can find the actual brand selling that product and thereafter visit their showroom for the purchase!

YOU'RE WELCOME GUYS.

Are you looking for unique furntiure and decor too? Möbler just opened in Singapore selling only Scandinavian Vintage and antique furniture and decor. A wide collection of chairs, tables, accessories, desks and lighting ranging from styles from the 1800s till 1970s. www.moblersingapore.com

. To get the look and feel component, visit our showroom in Balestier.  Welcome!

Emelie & Ellen

14001858_10209218412194984_809072368_o.jpg

I must tell you that I got this product in cheapest price if compared to others. Their service is also very good. By using this desk my neck pain has significantly decreased. 

height-adjustable-desk.jpg

Edited by acelinefenton

On 6/26/2014 at 6:59 PM, KwangSeng said:

Thanks for sharing. Personally I shop online but only for home accessories. If I want something expensive that needs to last (like sofa and bed), for furniture, always prefer

On 6/14/2014 at 2:43 PM, EdensMom said:

Okay, I posted above a favourable review of fortytwo.... I wish to retract the comments. Suggest you don't buy from there.

I said they were good (eg good customer service, decent prices, and delivered on time). However, within six months, the bed frames have gone very mouldy. I contacted them to ask what to do, and they said several customers have this same issue, but it isn't a fault per se. This made me made.... I didn't ever try to claim it was a fault, I simply asked them if there was a solution. Anyway, it turns out the faux leather on the beds is not suitable for tropical environment. There is no warning on the website about this, and I think it is fairly misleading. We've never had a mould problem at our house (8 years in Singapore) since the first week we arrived and we bought mouldy furniture from Novena Furniture which we discarded after one month.

Also, I said the user reviews on fortytwo were good .... well, it turns out that I cannot change my review on their site either, so perhaps they are not so good. The uders of course will not be able to judge a product in full after only a week or so of use! I am embarrassed to have given them high priase, and apologise if any one else followed my recommendation on fortytwo.

So my learning from this is to be VERY careful with buying cheap furniture, wherever it is from. Make sure that any leather or chipboard is treated appropriately for topical weather.

Online home accessories always go to new and interesting brands like www.ektory.com, cb2.com, urbanoutfitters.com. Had experience with all these brands I recommended and the service is good. For me, good service like responsiveness and providing solutions is most important when it comes to online stores.

Hi Edensmon,

sorry to hear that bro/sis.

just to share my experience, i have a synthetic leather bedframe which is using plywood + meranti wood wrap with synthetic leather and it turns mouldy..

to be frank it was kept in my storeroom for a period its due to humidity and moisture weather in singapore that caused it happened..

don't expect too much quality on prices you paid for those craps furniture..

hi all,

come on please don't be dupe by those "REALLY GOOD COMMENTS"..

certain things are cheap i agree, if you going for rental and it cost $100-$200 seems ok..

will you spend more than $200 on something you even feel it physically? i doubt so..

its not like Phone which everyone is using.. 

good luck for those who trusted good good comments..